A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
349 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft My Religion (signups closed; sendouts 8/18)  (Read 8567 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

instantkarma
« on: July 07, 2008 10:18:50 PM »

Swap name: Craft My Religion
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: instantkarma
Sign-up date range: Tuesday, July 8th, 2008 to Friday, July 18th, 2008 or until full
Date to send item by: Monday, August 18th, 2008

This swap is limited to twenty-four people.
It is not restricted to people who all live in the same country.
You must be at least thirteen years old to participate in this swap.
Please ask an adult's permission before signing up if you are under eighteen years old.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yep.
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yep.
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yep.
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: Yep.

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yep.
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yep.
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yep.
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yep.
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yep.
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: Yep.

Details of swap:
Welcome to the Craft My Religion swap! If you are interested in learning more about other religious traditions while sharing your own personal views and experiences, this swap is for you! My goal in organizing this swap is to give swappers an environment where they have the opportunity to learn a little about religious traditions that may or may not be like their own.

During the course of this swap, you will be assigned with a partner whose religious traditions may be vastly different or nearly the same as your own. You will use their questionnaire answers, along with conversation and a little personal research, to craft a minimum of one medium and two small items for your partner. These items will pertain to your partner's religious tradition, not your own; however, if you are interested in swapping a small item or two that has to do with your own religion, then feel free to discuss this with your partner.

Also, if you feel that your personal beliefs don't really “fit” into one religious tradition or the other, if you take some things from one tradition and others from another, or if you consider yourself non-religious but still spiritual, that's just fine – you can certainly still join this swap! I don't mean to exclude anyone by using the term “religion”; it's just an easier way for me to say all of that without having to say ALL of that, know what I mean?

If you want to join this swap, there are two requirements that I ask of all participants along with the usual swap rules of sending out with a DC#, making sure to communicate when you're late, and all of that jazz:

1. You must have an open mind to participate in this swap. Included with this, I ask that all communication be respectful and that, no matter how true you believe your traditions to be, you do not attempt to “preach” to or “convert” others in the swap.

2. Please, please, please, I cannot stress this enough: communication is key, not just with me but especially with your partner. The questionnaire will be rather vague as I could go on with pages of questions to ask, so it will be up to you to talk with your partner and find out the little details of their traditions that will help you make the most appropriate items for them. In turn, you also have to be willing to share information with your partner as they need it. Of course, it is up to you what type and amount of information you're willing to reveal as I understand that religion is a very personal thing to some people, but it would be nice if you're at least willing to talk about the very basics of your tradition, if not more.

Now, if you still want to participate, answer the below questions and PM them to me! Smiley

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address, including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?:
Are you at least thirteen years old?:

What religious tradition(s) best describes your beliefs?:
How long have you been practicing this tradition?:
Would you say you're a strong adherent or somewhat milder?:
Are there any main points or points of your tradition that are important to you that you would like to note here?:
Are there any webpages or other resources that you feel would help your partner better understand your beliefs?:

Do you celebrate any religious holidays?:
Do you attend any religious services?:
Do you hold any religious rituals (prayer, meditation, etc.)?:

Do you have any favorite...
Symbols (web links are appreciated)?:
Religious texts?:
Religious figures/icons?:
Concepts/philosophies?:

What are your favorite...
Colors?:
Smells?:
Textures?:

Are there any things that you specifically need/want?:
Are there any things you do NOT need/want?:
Are there any things that you would consider taboo from a religious standpoint if they were crafted for you?:
Do you have any allergies/personal adversions?:
Would you prefer to be matched with someone with the same/close to the same or a different religious tradition than you?:

Write anything else you want your partner to know here:

By the way, if you're new to this whole “swap” thing, be sure to check out the Swap Info Guide if you haven't already.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008 11:22:56 AM by instantkarma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
instantkarma
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008 10:22:11 PM »

Participants:

Summie
Anya Kase
fantasticmio
Eliea
craftywillow
PhizzyChick

purple=sent
green=received
red = pm me

Partners:
Phizzychick x Summie
craftywillow x Anya Kase
fantasticmio x Eliea

FEEDBACK WAS GIVEN 9/7/08 - THANK YOU FOR SWAPPING! Smiley

Gallery!: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=265201.new#new
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008 09:53:25 PM by instantkarma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

thelotetree

Domestic Revolutionary

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008 06:43:12 AM »

Awesome! I'm almost ready to send out my first swap in a day or two- I think this will work out great!!! I"m excited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade with love, botanical bath and body www.thelotetree.etsy.com or www.thelotetree.com
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008 06:47:10 AM »

This is a great idea! I wanted to join the wiccan/witch/pagan swap just to learn about the "religion" but I didn't want to intrude. I love learning about other religions even though I don't plan to change mine.
I will probably be signing up just have to finish a few projects first. Hopefully others will like the idea too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thelotetree

Domestic Revolutionary

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008 06:57:10 AM »

I'm also especially interested in the pagan tradition- I guess I should have written that in my questionairre!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade with love, botanical bath and body www.thelotetree.etsy.com or www.thelotetree.com
dragonslair
Crafting another baby...... Due Jan. 6th, 2011

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008 07:50:58 PM »

After seeing some of the replies I may allow myself this swap.  I was worried no one would want a wiccan for a partner
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WILL SWAP for CLOTH diapers.........

MY LJ
http://crochet-crazy.livejournal.com

My wists
www.wists.com/dragonslair
GrannysAnnie

"It's always something!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008 08:11:34 PM »

This sounds interesting.  I'm a hardcore Catholic, but I LOVE learning about other religions!  I think it's beautiful that people experience God in different ways, and who's to say only one way is right?  I'd love to learn about the wiccan religion or anything else.  I'll have to see if I can find the time to do this one; I've got a lot going on right now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The screenname says it all - I'm my Granny's Annie!

*PhD student and audiologist extraordinaire*
instantkarma
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008 09:11:23 PM »

Come one, come all! Smiley I'm excited to have all types of people in this swap. Don't worry, those of you who think that no one would want to be partnered with you - this is for everybody to learn about everybody. Besides, they don't really have a choice in the matter as to who they're paired with. Cheesy

BTW, we do actually have a couple participants thus far; I've just been too busy with work to post names. Don't worry, if you've PMed me a questionnaire, I have it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008 06:33:26 AM »

After seeing some of the replies I may allow myself this swap.  I was worried no one would want a wiccan for a partner
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thelotetree

Domestic Revolutionary

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008 09:38:18 AM »

Yes... sign up!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Brooklyn Pizza and Egg Cream With Marty Markowitz
How to Make Chili With Chilies
April Fools Steak Recipe
Chicken Chorizo Meatloaf Recipe
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...