A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,048
Currently Running With Scissors:
363 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lady Silhouette and Lola necklace  (Read 5579 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008 10:45:53 AM »

The mirrored acrylic is beautiful. It looks so much different than the black. I love all of the stuff you make.

Beautiful! I love the Lady Ought. Just wondering -- when you wear it, do you feel all the little points against your skin, or does the necklace lie against your skin in such a way that the little points aren't an issue? I'm wondering if the necklace is "comfortable" to wear. It looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

I have one of her necklaces and it's very comfortable. It's incredibly light. Whenever I wear it I keep touching it to make sure it's still there nad then I get fingerprints on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
lovefrozenstars
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008 10:46:13 AM »

The close-up photo of the Lola necklace in mirror is breathtaking. 

Amazing work and designs on all of these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What makes someone go into the arts is their uncanny knack of perceiving the slightest problem as the grandest tragedy."
- Nicky Silver
Kasumi
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008 10:59:57 AM »

Oh my god I just LOVE the Lady Ought (first one) .... god *o* all are so good but I'm in love with the first one *o*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phosphoria
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008 11:02:06 AM »

The silhouette lady looks really cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CalamityCJ
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008 11:22:09 AM »

I want the Lady Ought for sure...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008 11:23:53 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

She's Crafty...
UntamedMenagerie
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008 02:09:49 PM »

Thanks so much for the lovely comments! I really appreciate the feedback on both colors! I love finding excuses to use the mirrored acrylic because it catches the light so beautifully. Smiley But then... the black is so classic and elegant. I'm usually torn between them.

My new pieces were crafted with a combination of lasers and rotary tools. If anyone is interested in learning to work acrylic with a scroll saw, I have found some great resources online and I'll be glad to see if I can find my bookmarks again.  Smiley If you are already experienced with a scroll, working acrylic is much like working wood. Only it melts sometimes. And then you are sad  Sad ... until you realize you can cover the acrylic pre-attached masking with even more masking tape! And the melting is greatly reduced if not completely eliminated! However, you cannot do this with mirrored acrylic. The tape will rip off your pretty mirrored backing. Colored acrylic has masking paper on both sides, where mirrored does not.

Thanks again for all the kind words and have a super day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop: http://untamedmenagerie.etsy.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/nikkimenagerie

The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists-Dickens
redsquareknot
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008 02:21:49 PM »

these are great.i really love them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all you need is love.and craft.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008 02:43:15 PM »

UntamedMenagerie, thanks for passing along your tips & tricks!  You're always so good about sharing info and it's greatly appreciated! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.[/center]
Kasumi
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008 02:53:04 PM »

My new pieces were crafted with a combination of lasers and rotary tools. If anyone is interested in learning to work acrylic with a scroll saw, I have found some great resources online and I'll be glad to see if I can find my bookmarks again.  Smiley If you are already experienced with a scroll, working acrylic is much like working wood. Only it melts sometimes. And then you are sad  Sad ... until you realize you can cover the acrylic pre-attached masking with even more masking tape! And the melting is greatly reduced if not completely eliminated! However, you cannot do this with mirrored acrylic. The tape will rip off your pretty mirrored backing. Colored acrylic has masking paper on both sides, where mirrored does not.

Thanks again for all the kind words and have a super day!

Oh my, I would love to do something like that but I have no clue how to do that .-. and I guess it needs many supplies ( expensive ? ) and maybe it is hard to do ? Plus I'm not even sure I could find all supplies here o-o unfair world u_u
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mcook72677
I fink you freeky

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2008 05:53:20 PM »

OMG YOU ARE AWESOME!!!  I LOVE THEM!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Celeb Boho Chic Style
Miley Cyrus Sets Tuxedo Jacket Trend at Billboard Music Awards 2012
2012 Cannes Film Festival Fashion Top Looks
Kristen Stewart Test-Drives the Printed Pants Trend in Cannes
4 Stylish Outfits to Try Over the Long Memorial Day Weekend
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...