A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 305,883
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What's your weird guilty pleasure?  (Read 47794 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kaissa
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008 09:57:21 PM »

strawberry jam on Ritz crackers

fluffernutter sandwiches

i know there are more...i just have to think of them. Smiley

oh yeah, yellow mustard on plain Lays potato chips. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008 10:25:11 PM »

Salt on watermelon.  Drives my friends nuts...esp. since I don't usually touch salt not even when cooking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Heffer Joo Bug
Heffer Joo Bug

Im a crafting Heffer :-)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008 12:10:24 AM »

I don't know if mine is weird but I love cheese and tomato sauce sandwichs or dairlea and mango chutney sandwichs. Think some people will think this is weird!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Heffer Joo Bug :-)
My Wists
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008 08:28:00 AM »

Salt on watermelon.  Drives my friends nuts...esp. since I don't usually touch salt not even when cooking.

The first time my boyfriend saw me salting my watermelon he freaked out. My entire family does it, so I was very confused about why he was confused. I finally got him to try it and he said "It tastes like salty watermelon." and I said "I know! Isn't it great?" He did not agree.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
Imdee
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008 10:08:53 AM »

My husband salts watermelon, although I haven't tried it.  My mom salts cantaloupe which I'd have to admit is an improvement, since cantaloupe isn't my favorite fruit.  I usually crave salty snacks more than sweet, but when I want something sweet and there is nothing in the house I eat chocolate toast.  It's the same as cinnamon toast except it's cocoa and sugar.  It takes me back to fifth grade when a friend of mine suggested it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kaissa
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008 12:29:18 PM »

My husband salts watermelon, although I haven't tried it.  My mom salts cantaloupe which I'd have to admit is an improvement, since cantaloupe isn't my favorite fruit.  I usually crave salty snacks more than sweet, but when I want something sweet and there is nothing in the house I eat chocolate toast.  It's the same as cinnamon toast except it's cocoa and sugar.  It takes me back to fifth grade when a friend of mine suggested it. 

I'm definitely trying the chocolate toast thing....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FruityLoops

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008 01:16:09 PM »

I don't know if mine is weird but I love cheese and tomato sauce sandwichs or dairlea and mango chutney sandwichs. Think some people will think this is weird!
Sicko! Wink  Only kidding Joo, t he he.  Mmmm mango chutney yum.

I can't think of anything really freaky that I eat (eating generally is my guilty pleasure) though I have been known to eat a jar of apple sauce, like just straight out of the jar on its own, I wouldn't say that was particularly freaky though.  Oooh I know, I like marmite and mayonnaise on toast, is that weird?

My friend Lemmy though, she has always loved this stuff she calls goo, her husband has tried it and so have I and it's disgusting!  She used to eat it all the time when we were at uni so I assumed it was cos we were skint students, but she still eats it now and again so it can't be!  It's just like wallpaper paste, just flour and water I think or possibly milk, yuck!  Anyone else eat anything like goo?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artist.nerd.musiclover
wanna-be graphic designer

"Peace, love, and math!" ~David Krumholtz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008 06:43:17 PM »

Fluffernutters!  I even eat them for breakfast.

And sushi, usually fish eggs, cucumber rolls, carrot rolls, and salmon.  (Blame my dad, who took me out for sushi when I was eight.  I think I was the youngest person there.  That was ten years ago.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

furgodwuerlivn2002
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008 07:49:28 PM »

My mom used to put leftover frosting onto graham crackers when we were little.

This is a favorite in my household.  Sometimes I will hunt through the pantry and garnish the icing crackers with marshmellows, praline, maraschino cherry's, coconut or whatever I can find. I made them for my fiancee one time as a last minute snack. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please check out my newest Blog:

http://bakingasweetobsession.blogspot.com/
shibug
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008 10:44:59 PM »

Wow, so many yummy and familiar foods!

Fluffernutters are the best! This was a summertime treat when I was little that turned into a guilty pleasure later on.

Salted melon, and salted apple slices - yum!

Frosting on graham crackers sure brings back memories, my mom would also whip up a little powered sugar and melted butter into icing and we'd use that on our crackers.  I also just love "pooh bear sandwiches" which is butter, peanut butter and honey stirred together and served on graham crackers.

My dad and I used to drink Molasses stirred into milk - so good! Not sure if it's guilty or not...

And, I haven't had it in so long... grilled peanut better and bacon sandwiches! Hello cholesterol!
Oh.. and my mom taught me this one, white bread, dill pickles and miracle whip - this tastes amazing and is such a guilty pleasure... guilty guilty guilty!

Oh yeah, last one.. so not healthy, oh so guilty : saltines with butter and orange marmelade on them! I used to sit down a college with a tub of butter, a jar of marmelade and a box of saltines =  dinner!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008 10:47:00 PM by shibug » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a 6 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 1/4
How to Crochet a 6 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 3/4
How to Crochet a 5 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 3/3
How to Crochet a 5 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 2/3
How to Crochet a 5 Stitch Ruffle Border
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...