A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
720 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Capri Sun/Kool Aid Jammer Bags (now with mini-tute!)  (Read 31950 times)
Tags for this thread: capri_sun , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookwyrmhole

Crafts can't keep me busy all the time!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008 01:12:28 PM »

Here's the one I use the most.  It's my library bag too!

I used some reconned denim for the handle and a leg from my jeans for the bottom.  It's stronger than I thought it would be Smiley

yeah. i love the library. with a passion.

thats nifty... i might make one with ribbon in between all the pouches... especially see-through kind.

denim... i like denim. i made a bag for my tent out of denim for when i have to go find lost people. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008 01:12:54 PM by bookwyrmhole » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find that crafts are very good time wasters. If they aren't for you, then you are one of those rare individuals who know what you're doing!
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008 01:16:27 PM »

my son said that a little girl in his class had a bag similar to this for her lunch bag..

He said it was the coolest thing..

you did a great job..great recycling..and did you have to drink all of those drinks..

THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
dmbgirl41
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008 01:19:27 PM »

This is the most exciting thing I discovered all day. My 23 yr old boyfriend loves Capri Sun. (boys will be boys  Roll Eyes And it drives me like up a wall, that they usually don't end up in the garbage... if you get my drift. So I end up picking these up all time.  Undecided SO now.... I'll just get a collection going to make these bags! AWESOME!!!!! And even if this me collecting Capri Sun Bags works like reverse psychology (as in the actually make it in the garbage can) I win either way. Sweet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Sweet you Rock & Sweet You Roll~*
jlbrannon
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008 01:27:23 PM »

These are gorgeous, especially the last one, red/black (gray)?.  I'm sure you could sell them with no problem, but be aware this is not a new concept.  I've seen many website where people sell them, and I've seen them in local craft fairs.

One lady I met several years ago had a large box placed in the elementary school's cafeteria and the students put their pouches in there for her.  She washed with dishwashing soap and water to get rid of the juice.  That is how I did mine, too.  Trust me, even a hint of that corn syrup will attract ants.  Ask me how I know!  LOL.

Best wishes for your sales.  Instead of clear thread, you may want to try using a neutral (gray) heavy duty thread.  It is strong and will blend in with the silver edges of the pouches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookwyrmhole

Crafts can't keep me busy all the time!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008 05:16:22 PM »

..and did you have to drink all of those drinks..

yep. with help from my family and friends. definately an interesting conversations starter. "hi there. can i have your empty juice wrapper?" followed by "who the hell are you?" can actually be quite funny.

And even if this me collecting Capri Sun Bags works like reverse psychology (as in the actually make it in the garbage can) I win either way. Sweet!

my brother did that. would have been easier to put it back in the lunch bag instead of in the trash, but no! i swear that boys like to disagree because they can.

One lady I met several years ago had a large box placed in the elementary school's cafeteria and the students put their pouches in there for her. 

i want to do that at my old school. it takes so dang long to collect enough that match!

thanks to all for the lovely comments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find that crafts are very good time wasters. If they aren't for you, then you are one of those rare individuals who know what you're doing!
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008 06:01:33 PM »

ohhhh, shiny!
oooonnnnn, sewing camp!!! That's my idea of camping.
Your projects are lovely. The red one is quite pretty. Not nice of that lady to disappear....

I agree with not using the invisible thread, matching or same shade gray is better, stronger. Nylon thread isn't really UV stable.Good luck with your sales. You'll need contributors if you're going to sell the bags. Since it sounds like you are <18 ask your folks to place an ad on freecycle for you.

And you are so very right about boys/brothers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
Dust of Enchantment
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008 08:30:51 PM »

I am seriously considering collecting juice bags now...which is hard because I don't drink those juices. This is too cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TMommy
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008 10:16:46 PM »

I'm going to start to make me some of these bags for grocery shopping. Test out the strength
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting since birth
riverwatson
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008 06:01:53 AM »

I've seen these bags before but yours are by far the cutest! And I'm sure you could sell them!  Grin

I want to try to make these, too, now. I wonder if I could get my boyfriend hooked on kool-aid or capri-sun... I dunno he's 35...

Also- how do you wash these out? do you cut out the bottoms? did I miss something?

And I love the clear-backed kool-aid jammers. I wonder if you could do something with that... sew fake flowers or pretty paper or pictures inside? I dunno!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart mod podge.
redcomel
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008 06:27:59 AM »

soo cute.. help the environment too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken Salad with Golden Currants on fixmyrecipe.com
Improved Chili Recipe
How to Make Crab Cakes with Grapefruit Aioli
How to make Southern Breakfast
How to make Lima Beans
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...