A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I need suggestions for renaissance festival....  (Read 762 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Green.Fuzzer
« on: July 07, 2008 12:20:30 AM »

I just found out on 4 July that in 4 weeks DH and I will be taking our adult/teen children and their dates to a renaissance festival. The weekend we will be going has the bonus of also being the Irish & Scottish Celtic festivities along with the regular renaissance festival. We are basically talking 6 adult out fits to get made in 4 weeks. Along with everyday life. Grin

The part I really need help with is for me.........I'm 5'3" tall when standing which isn't often. I wear a 6X (circus tent). To top it off I have to use an electric wheel chair. Obviously I'm a huge blob how am I suppose to make something that is appropriate for me to wear and look right while sitting in that #$%@ wheel chair? I have enormously huge tatas that I'm more than willing to put our there for all to see.  Roll Eyes I could be some crazy lady/witchy/seer type of person without being any of them specifically. DH is going to be more in line with a wizard.

I would love to hear your suggestions, and if you could send me to pictures of what you are thinking of that would be fantastic.

Thanks for the help.
Tammy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tammy aka Green Fuzzer
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008 04:08:38 AM »

The first thing that came to mind when reading your post (apart from dont put yourself down when there are enough people in the world who will wrongly do that for you!) was this - the dragon mobile. you could do something like this and make your self a loose flowing set of robes so you could be the queen of dragons.

you could make/get some really nice jewelry and a crown or tiara and be resplendent all day  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2014 - 67/50 Done!

Personal swaps welcome Cheesy
SpottedFrog
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008 06:59:21 AM »

A traditional chemise (the basic undergarment) is very easy & very comfortable to wear. Lots of patterns can be easily modified for your measurements, and I know there are several costuming websites with tutes for drafting your own (patterns didn't exist for working class folks in the middle ages, everything is a square, trapezoid or triangle). Make one in a comfy lightweight cotton & a second with details & trim to suit the character type you want to portray & ta-da! nice costume Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Green.Fuzzer
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008 09:04:23 AM »

Bushbaby Thank you so much for your suggestions!!!!! I love the idea of the the dragon mobile. Hmmmm If I was still using my old scooter I would be able to take all the ideas straight from that but since I'm not I will have to see how I can adapt that to my chair.  Grin

Penlowe Thanks so much for the ideas. If you know of any tutes on this I would greatly appreciate the links as I have been searching for help on this since I found out we were going.

Thanks again both of you.
Tammy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tammy aka Green Fuzzer
hyerac
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008 09:38:43 AM »

Here's a basic tut... http://members.aol.com/lclacemker/frameset1.html

...and another.... http://www.reddawn.net/costume/chemise.htm

I haven't used either of these, but they seemed fairly adaptable.  Good luck, and have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpottedFrog
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008 01:25:11 PM »

I'm sorry I don't have any links saved, but those (above) should be fine or peruse the halloween board for Renn Faire listings, I know there are some pretty things where the crafter linked the site they got their stuff from.

EDIT: I recognise the Redawn tute link, someone here made stuff off that tute Smiley
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008 01:27:24 PM by Penlowe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Find the Right Bra
Summer Festival Style Tips
When Should Style Wear The Pants In Politics?
How Does Gender Play Into The Politics Of Style?
The Zoe Report: Caftans
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...