A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Horridly evil anti-knitting dog!  (Read 863 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tinygoatstacker

Why can't puffins eat pancakes instead?

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2005 08:24:51 PM »

My formerly sweet pup, Olive, is on a mission to destroy my knitting fun.  Recently, she's taken to chomping on my bamboo needles (as I knit with them).  Just a minute ago I caught her trying to scurry away with a hank of yarn in her mouth.  She's a dinky dachshund & the yarn was at least 1/3 of her size. She's always been inclined to sit on my knitting projects, but terrorizing them is new.  Putting things in boxes or on high tables is no longer enough, I guess.  Why can't she at least go for my easily (and cheaply) replaced Red Heart yarn & aluminum needles? No, she must have bamboo and alpaca yarn to munch. Evil, I say.
Anyone else have a nutsoid dog (or cat or other)?
Imagine what would happen if I brought her to a yarn store... *shudder*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bumblebees, bumblebees... tiny and small, tiny and small....
kadreath

best sweater.....ever

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005 12:32:28 AM »

ah, yes, indeed, my dog Xavier would fall into the nutsoid catagory.  he munched up some of a set of DPNs (so now i have 3) and an aluminium needle.  one night, i came home to find eyelash yarn flung about my apartment, not unlike Christmas tinsel, and him sleeping in the middle of it. Cry  his favorite things in the world are small knit item, like socks or wrist bands--he doesn't tear them up, but he will toss these babies around like he is a 50 lb cat...or just hold them in his mouth!  the best though, is if i am holding a skien of yarn that he thinks looks nice--he sneaks up (without making eye contact) and gently puts it in his mouth, then slinks away as if i wouldn't notice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiggsey

Look what I made!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005 02:27:48 AM »

Yes, I have an anti-knitting kitten. I have to hide from her when I'm knitting but she still finds me, she must have yarn radar! Here is a recent pic. She didn't have a knitting accident, she's recovering from an op she had last week, but she's definitely better now.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mojisha
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005 06:41:49 AM »

I can sympathize a little bit.  My two cats like to sit in my lap while I knit.  I laugh when people talk of circulars being so good because the weight of the knitting rests in your lap.  Well, I already have a sixteen pound cat in my lap, so I wind up twisted around or holding my knitting in the air anyway.  They don't destroy my knitting, but they usually put a paw the working thread so it has to run between the claws.  I think they can keep an eye on it that way.  Maybe you can knit Olive a toy of her own so she can destroy it?  Knitty has a pattern for cat toys.  The knitted eggroll without catnip might be perfect for your pup. 

As kind of an aside, Tinygoat, Miss Doxie is an internet blogger who writes frequently about her four (!) dachshunds.  Check out this link to read about her truly bad doxies. It's hilarioius!!  It might make you feel better about your little Olive.

Oh, Tiggsey, did your kitty have "the operation?"  She's beautiful!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005 06:43:42 AM by mojisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my new digs at http://shysalamander.typepad.com
tinygoatstacker

Why can't puffins eat pancakes instead?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005 09:21:59 AM »

Mojisha, that site was hilarious! I can't imagine what it would be like living with 4 dachshunds! Eeek! The frustrating thing is that even when they're quite bad, they're still soooooo cute & therefore hard to yell at.
I love these stories & everyone's pets are adorable! It's funny to picture Kadreath's large dog (I'm assuming the one in the picure?) sneaking anywhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bumblebees, bumblebees... tiny and small, tiny and small....
frogsrock
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005 10:27:43 AM »

my dog is actually really good...she likes to flop between be and my kntting/crocheting and sometimes she scratchs my hand but if i move her she usually stays away
she likes to lay on top of my stuff when im not working on it

shes never destroyed anything though
THIS ROCKS   Logged
retroeva
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005 11:20:28 AM »

oh.my.god.
I just went to that website and auctually laughed to the point of TEARS! And I dont even own a dog. But I grew up with a begal/bassett mix who is all back and has short stubby legs and REFUSES to go outside.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog of domestic goodness:
http://www.domesticeva.blogspot.com

Craftsman/Victorian Home Swap anyone?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309948.0
tiggsey

Look what I made!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005 02:27:30 PM »

Oh, Tiggsey, did your kitty have "the operation?"  She's beautiful!

Well that was the original plan, but they opened her up and she only had developed half a uterus so it all had to be removed Sad

I think she's beautiful too Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion Week Detail Camera: Winter Wear - Fall 2014
Tips for Shopping at Forever 21
What Is a Skort?
How to Dress in 90s Vintage Style
Famous Faces Take Front Row at New York Fashion Week!
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...