A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Earring Swap?  (Read 867 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

buckeyebeadgirl

Luckiest girl in the world :)

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2008 06:14:48 AM »

Anybody ready for another earring swap?  I think it's been a few months since the last one and I always seem to miss out on them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOLY CRAP!  My DNA bracelet was selected for Best of Craftster 2008!!  And it took me 21 days to figure it out!
djsemira
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008 08:02:43 AM »

i'd definitely be into an earring swap...do you know how many earrings we make?  are you into organizing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2619558033118165654
Have a look at my documentary about climate change and what people do to alleviate climate change.  won 2nd prize  Earthvisions '98 filmfest, Santa Cruz
buckeyebeadgirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008 11:02:28 AM »

I am willing to organize...I'm almost positive that I qualify for organizing. 

A few of the other swaps had 10 pairs of earrings as the swap package, and you could do a few less pairs if you were using more expensive materials (sterling silver, Swarovski, semiprecious, etc).   I believe that they tried to pair people with what they would like, etc, and it was up to partners which way they went.  There were some HUGE earring swaps that had 20 or so pairs too.   

I would be willing to do what most people feel comfortable with and whatever feedback I get from here!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOLY CRAP!  My DNA bracelet was selected for Best of Craftster 2008!!  And it took me 21 days to figure it out!
3littlechicks
Mom to minions

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008 01:36:46 PM »

This sounds cool, I'd be in if the requirements weren't too big.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buckeyebeadgirl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008 02:15:22 PM »

I know that 10 pairs of earrings sounds like a lot, but to be honest, I think that I could whip that out in one night. 

OR, another option is to do it on a point system...for instance, 1 pair of basic earrings (base metal, basic/inexpensive beads)=1 point.  If you use something more expensive, that can count towards another point (for example, using all sterling silver or a lot of Swarovski or expensive semi-precious), so that pair of earrings would be worth 2 points.  Also, if you use techniques that take a lot of time (lots of wire wrapping, hand-made lampwork beads that you personally made, etc), that would count as an extra point, so that pair of earrings would be worth points. 

Does that make any sense/is that an idea anybody would want to run with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittymary
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008 11:35:19 PM »

I think the points thing would be a great idea. I'm really allergic to nickel so I can only wear sterling silver earrings, and it would seem unfair to expect a swap partner to use more expensive materials if they had to make the same amount as if they were using cheaper stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

buckeyebeadgirl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008 03:21:11 PM »

Kittymary, I am the same way.  I can't wear base metals for more than an hour or so without my ears itching!   That being said, I'm all for the points system. 

Now hopefully we can just get some more people interested!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

djsemira
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008 06:34:19 PM »

i'm definitely into ten pairs of earrings!!  This would be a great swap for august/september for me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2619558033118165654
Have a look at my documentary about climate change and what people do to alleviate climate change.  won 2nd prize  Earthvisions '98 filmfest, Santa Cruz
the_trademarks
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008 07:49:30 PM »

I did the first one and I would totally be down for another. I think a points system would work better than the ten pairs because I have a nickel allergy and it gets expensive with all the materials and what not. I loved the idea of this swap and would totally be down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swap for pogs, Polly Pockets (the little ones) and Gameboy Advance Games. PM me if interested!
instantkarma
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008 08:17:48 PM »

I'm in. I was sooo sad to have missed the second one, even though I missed it because I didn't think I had the resources to make pretty earrings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Shadow
How to Draw Scar
How to Draw Santa
How to Draw Sakura Haruno
How to Draw Rose
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...