A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: scrapbook for mom  (Read 6527 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SpartysGirl
« on: July 05, 2008 07:37:36 PM »

So I really wanted to participate in this, but I couldn't figure out who my childhood hero was.  Today during my lunch break from work i was sitting in my car and it hit me, my mom has always been my hero!  She went behind my dad's back to have me (she wanted children, he didn't, so she took matters into her own hands), has been there for me through everything and loves me so much it drives us both crazy sometimes.  I'm spoiled rotten by her (i dont mind much) and shes taught me everything I needed to know in life (how to put on makeup, how to sled, cook, sew, make cards, etc.)  I have her temper, taste in music, and i'm basicially a mini her.  So anyway, I think it was last mother's day i decided i wanted to make a mini scrapbook for her of pictures of us, so i did, and we both loved it.  here is the cover

and you open the front to this. the pull out tag says "mom, thank you for everything you do for me.  without you i dont know how i would live.  daddy knows nothing about being a girl!  so on this mother's day sit back, relax, and always remember:  its my job to drive you crazy!  --karen"

the second page is just a cool wallpaper i had. i  cut out some of the parts of it (chili peppers, onions, bowl) and put foam underneath so they stuck out off the page.  the tag is quotes on vellum over the same wall paper.  the quotes are "parents were invented to make children happy by giving them something to ignore.-ogden nash"... "Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining it to them.-antoine de saint"... "humans are the only animals that have children on purpose with the exception of guppies, who like to eat theirs.-p.j. o'rourke"

my mom used to dress me up like her babydoll, buying these really pricy beautiful clothes and everyone laughed at her because i always had "the best clothes" in the words of my aunts. the truth shows in the pic.  the pull out tab has these quotes on it:  "they say that blood is thicker than water.  maybe that's why we battle our own with more energy and gusto than we would ever expend on strangers-david assael"... we fight a lot  Smiley because of the irish tempers "sooner or later we all quote our mothers - bern williams"..."my mother had a lot of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.-mark tawian"

these pics are from a photo booth my mom and i went to in... kings island i think... it might have been cedar point... the tab says:  "god could not be everywhere at once and therefore he made mothers.-anon"..."mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children-william makepeace thackeray"..."I am not young enough to know everything.-oscar wild"..."children today are tyrants.  they contradict their parent, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers.-socrates"..."all women become like their mothers.  that is their tragedy.  no man does.  that is his. -oscar wilde"

i actually remember my dad taking this pic.  for about a decade my family would go up north to our cabin in the winter, and mom and i would go sledding.

the last page ties the first together (note the dragon flies and butterflys).

and then this is the back cover.  it matches the front and i really like the paper so i decided to take the pic in case you didn't catch the paper on the front over Smiley

i know its kind of crude, but i did it all by hand in one afternoon and my mom loves it so I dont mind the messy-ness.  it fits me anyway Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faithincorporated.etsy.com
Solitaire

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008 12:39:04 AM »

that is beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Craft, Therefore, I AM!  )O(
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008 05:45:35 AM »

That's beautiful - thanks for including the quotes - I'm a sucker for quotes!

Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
sparrowowl
Tutorial Contributor

shiny!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008 08:16:46 AM »

That is so pretty!  It looks like an old-timey scrapbook.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008 02:09:37 PM »

You brought a tear to my eye!  As a mom of four, I guarantee you, this is the kind of gift Moms love the most and your Mom will cherish this forever - she can't see "crude" - only the "love" written all over it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
jinlidan
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008 12:54:36 AM »

Embarrassed  so beautiful
   I like 
I'm sorry that I am poor in English
I come from China
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jeanette Walls: What Are You Reading?
Author Explains Why We Should Rip Up Our Dating Wish Lists
The Missing Series by Margaret Haddix
The White Princess by Philippa Gregory
Neil Hilborn, Man With OCD, Performs Heartbreaking Poem
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...