A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,084
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Prom Dress, Finished the morning of prom :) Extra pics page 7  (Read 53695 times)
Tags for this thread: prom_dress , prom , party_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mellifluousfondue
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2008 07:58:51 PM »

You look beautiful!!!! (even pre-hair and makeup) congrats on being such an accomplished seamstress at your age and I hope you had a wonderful time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
reese52
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2008 08:48:53 PM »

did you design that yourself?
Also, yes, your friends little dress was cute too. Tongue
Well I got the idea from this random picture of a dress I saw, but I changed it a bit and modified a simple dress pattern, and just sort of.... made changes as a I went along Tongue

Such brilliant talent at a young age.  What type of training have you received?  Your ability to see what you like and duplicate it and make some changes is really clever.  Did you draft a pattern?  The changes you made can be considered as your own and you can copyright that pattern.  I work at an art college and they teach pattern drafting in the fashion design department.  Beautiful work and hope to see more from you in the future. 

And I'll tell my friend you said that Tongue Smiley
We had to alter her dress the day before prom, and my sewing machine ended up braking while I was at her house! Tongue

Such brilliant talent at a young age.  What type of training have you received?  Your ability to see what you like and duplicate it and make some changes is really clever.  Did you draft a pattern?  The changes you made can be considered as your own and you can copyright that pattern.  I work at an art college and they teach pattern drafting in the fashion design department.  Beautiful work and hope to see more from you in the future. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lee-lee ess.
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2008 09:21:11 PM »

Beautiful!!  I really, really like this.  It's unique without being sooo far out there that I don't know what's going on, and shows a lot of style and creativity.  It also looks very, very well made.  I bet you had the best dress there!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
X_indie
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2008 10:10:41 PM »

i especially love the top of the bodice, it looks like a couture dress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2008 11:49:06 PM »

You (and the dress) are lovely. That fabric is striking with the color of your hair. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
bold_as_love

"Adventure is out there." -Up

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2008 10:24:21 AM »

this is absolutely amazing! I love it! I was debating making my prom dress, but due to time restraints, couldn't. But I would totally wear this! Looks professionally done! Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Adventure is out there."
PhotoholicFreak

Provehito in altum

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2008 11:08:37 AM »

Wow seriously guys wow thank you so much Smiley
you don't no how lovely you all are!!! SmileySmiley

What type of training have you received?  Your ability to see what you like and duplicate it and make some changes is really clever.  Did you draft a pattern?  The changes you made can be considered as your own and you can copyright that pattern.  I work at an art college and they teach pattern drafting in the fashion design department.  Beautiful work and hope to see more from you in the future. 

I've just finished my textiles GCSE course and hoping for an A*(my final coursework piece is around here somewhere), and I'm going on to do textiles at 6th form collage for the next two years, but thats about it, plus the odd few tips from my mum  who has made some clothing before as well.
I drafted bits of the pattern, although i did start off with a very simple pattern to help me get an idea of shapes etc. I prefer to make my own patterns when i can for some little things (makes me feel like i have achieved more Tongue)

Thank you so much for all your wonderfully nice comments Cheesy

xxxxxxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
my-kingdom-for-a-craft
Pirate Lord

Yar Har Fidle De Dee!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2008 11:50:09 AM »

this is gorgeous! i love love love that colour, and you look so pretty in it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
witchybelle4u2
I am the terror that flaps in the night...

"I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2008 12:22:35 PM »

That dress if fantastic! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Careful...there are occupational hazards to being a god." (The Transcendent Pig)
bexieboo
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2008 02:01:55 PM »

holy crap, this is so beautiful!!! well done!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 5/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 4/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 20/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 24/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 17/26
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...