A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,194
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lonely Dolly  (Read 1795 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lucifers angel

craftster for life!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2008 03:42:30 PM »

I havent used the Photoshop in a while, so I decided to try and make a pretty picture for my best friend!:)

I was looking through my camera after a hilarious 'photo shoot' at said friends house (dont ask! Tongue) and found the perfect picture to photoshop the hell out of!!

I was aiming to make my friend look like a doll, but not  sure if it worked too well..any ideas on anything else that could be done to help?
And does anyone think that the picture is just a little too dark/ has too many shadows; would brightening it be better?

thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008 08:42:02 PM by lucifers angel » THIS ROCKS   Logged
digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008 03:49:05 PM »

Very cute idea. I would shed a bit more light on the hair to give it more definition against the black shadows.  The spotlight is in a good position - if you want to give her more of a "doll" feeling, turn down the burn a little bit and lighten her skintone.  I kinda like it as is, she looks like a fallen dancer.
I freakin LOVE your friend's dress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
beadingjunkee
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008 04:09:57 PM »

that dress is soo cute. i wish i could sew that well Undecided good job.good pic
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HeartOn
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008 04:24:01 PM »

To make her look more like a doll, and depending how familiar you are with Photoshop, you could move her arm forward/adjust the perspective accordingly (if you have CS3, there is a great tool for this), redo the lighting effects from the original making a separate layer for her and the background with the same spotlight on the background, but the bg masked out of the top layer with more plasticity in the lighting effect. If you wanted to really make her look like a doll, you could also create doll joints for her shoulders and maybe her elbows since they are bent.

I really like it as is, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dirtydarkdiva
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008 04:25:19 PM »

Do you have photoshop? Playing with the curves and adding a bit of plastic wrap effect may help.
Usually with those doll like photos though, the model is covered in body makeup and powder (matte for a soft plastic or porcelain look) or bronzer & vaseline/oil, for high gloss hard plastic look
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blenderbabe22384
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008 07:13:28 PM »

I like the dark but If you just lightened/brightened her hair it might help pull her out of the background alittle but otherwise I think is a really beautiful pic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
polaris082411
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008 01:06:36 AM »

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make your home in oritental style!
http://www.discovery5000.com/chanpin.asp
Oblivious7
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008 08:46:12 AM »

So, Im not that great at photoshop, but I do have some constructive criticism. I love the idea with the photoshop effects making a spotlight on a stage or something, but the reason she doesn't look like a doll to me has nothing to do with photoshop. It's because your model is bracing herself with her arms in a way a doll wouldn't be able to. It'd also look better, in my opinion, if her head didn't bend down awkwardly. Most dolls' necks don't bend like that. As far as the photoshop goes, try to keep her skin looking like porcelain. One last nitpicky comment: her nose is fuzzy and slightly out of focus.

Despite that, I really do like the picture, and I do think you can make it work, if your friend poses more like a doll. She does have the right skin tone and proportions for it and the spotlight concept is a great lighting idea. Hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrazyR
Rene

www.fancy-antlers.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008 07:41:38 AM »

I think her skin should be paler, like a porcelain doll Smiley
 Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Music sweet music
I wish I could caress
lucifers angel

craftster for life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009 08:48:42 AM »

So, Im not that great at photoshop, but I do have some constructive criticism. I love the idea with the photoshop effects making a spotlight on a stage or something, but the reason she doesn't look like a doll to me has nothing to do with photoshop. It's because your model is bracing herself with her arms in a way a doll wouldn't be able to. It'd also look better, in my opinion, if her head didn't bend down awkwardly. Most dolls' necks don't bend like that. As far as the photoshop goes, try to keep her skin looking like porcelain. One last nitpicky comment: her nose is fuzzy and slightly out of focus.

Despite that, I really do like the picture, and I do think you can make it work, if your friend poses more like a doll. She does have the right skin tone and proportions for it and the spotlight concept is a great lighting idea. Hope this helps.

omg havent been on this in aaages....bt thanks fr d pointers ,am gona try those out after my exams!:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making a Mural with Michelle Ortiz
Meet Young Manga Artist Lilly Cernak
Manga Artist Lilly Cernak at Work
Meet Calligrapher Eleanor Aisha Holland
Calligrapher Eleanor Aisha Holland at Work
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...