A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,804
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: craft my favorite decade! (signups CLOSED!; sendouts 8/23/08)  (Read 10331 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kitschkween
« on: July 03, 2008 03:46:07 PM »

Swap name: craft my favorite decade swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: kitschkween
Sign-up date range: 7/3/08 – 7/18/08
Date to send item by:  8/23/08

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Age requirement? 13

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES

Details of swap:
Sometimes I wish I had a time machine for the sole purpose of shopping. Whether you miss the 80s or early 90s, love the glamorous style of the 60s, or just think you were born in the wrong decade, this is the swap for you! Each participant will choose a decade they would like their partner to craft for them. Like more than one decade? List all the decades you love and have your partner surprise you!

Requirements:
1 large, 1 medium, and 2 smalls

Craftster guidelines suggests:
By Time
-Big=3 or more hours
-Medium=2 or more hours
-Little=2 or less hours

By Size
-Big=A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium= one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small- Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks

By Price
-Big= $30 or more
-Medium=$10-$30 dollars
-Small=$10 or less

Delivery confirmation numbers are required for all domestic packages. You must PM me with a DCN in order for me to mark you as officially sent. A customs form number or copy of postal receipt is required for all international packages. If you do not PM me, I will not change your status to “sent.” If you do not show proof of shipping, it will be reflected in your feedback.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap: Craft my favorite decade

Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name & Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)

What is (are) your favorite decade(s)?
Specific styles (mod, hippy, punk, etc.):
Favorite patterns:
Colors/color combos you like:
Images or phrases/slang you like:
Tv, music, and movies of that time you like:
Do you collect anything?
Colors, patterns, textures you dislike:
What crafts do you admire?
What kind of items would you like to receive?
What decade(s) would you prefer to craft for?
What crafts can you do?
What kind of items can you offer?
Measurements (optional):
Body-
Jewelry-
Shoe size-
Head size-
allergies/aversions:
will you be able to take pictures of the package you receive, or will you need your partner to take pictures before they send?
Helpful links (wists, etsy faves, amazon wishlist…):

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

1. kitschkween
2. cigarettesandvalent ines
3. timpani~jax
4. crazychick149
5. melyssa_marie
6. kingfrancebald
7. TheSapphireMoon
8. redstar13
9. la_fille_muette
10. hippiejo74
11. ConfusableBlonde
12. jessvict
13. jMisSister

PARTNERS:

sent received late MIA

kitschkween <-----> cigarettesandvalent ines
melyssa_marie <-----> jMisSister
crazychick149 <-----> la_fille_muette
timpani~jax <-----> jessvict
kingfrancebald <-----> redstar13
TheSapphireMoon <-----> hippiejo74[/color]
hippiejo74 <-----> ConfusableBlonde

Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=259921.0
___________________ ___________________ __

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008 01:20:56 PM by kitschkween » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008 06:47:15 PM »

Oh I miss my BIG hair, Jelly shoes, Leg warmers, OH the Wild look of Madona, Boy George, Cindy Lauper,....What I would do to have just one more day back when my Black Trans Am would fly and us grils were SOOO freaking clueless but knew we were cool and all the boys well they wanted to date us LOL...OH and the Arcade awww the Punk Palace ROTFL...Those were teh days....Now I still drive a hot fast car but I am slower, Hair is straight, No leg warmers or Jellys but damn I still have the music ( SERIUS RADIO Smiley ) Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
kitschkween
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008 07:26:41 PM »

Oh I miss my BIG hair, Jelly shoes, Leg warmers, OH the Wild look of Madona, Boy George, Cindy Lauper,....What I would do to have just one more day back when my Black Trans Am would fly and us grils were SOOO freaking clueless but knew we were cool and all the boys well they wanted to date us LOL...OH and the Arcade awww the Punk Palace ROTFL...Those were teh days....Now I still drive a hot fast car but I am slower, Hair is straight, No leg warmers or Jellys but damn I still have the music ( SERIUS RADIO Smiley ) Grin Grin Grin

i still rock the leg warmers, crimp my hair when i have the time, love the black lace and white pearls, and take my kids to the arcade!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008 05:46:00 AM »

Hahaha.... I have to say I dont have an arcade ( wedo have Xbox360 ( I dont play) I want to find an lod school Atari...Leg warmers hehe I dont knit....Crimp WOW I was an Aqua Net gal but never really crimped but my gal pals did LOL...I think it is easier to do big hair then spend 1 1/2 hours blowdry straight ( it is thick and longer)

Funny in the end very end of the 80s I became a rocker chick..Awww My Def Lepard, Poison, Motley Crue,Judas Priest, AC/DC, Blue Oyster cult,the list goes on...Never lost the big hair until about 2000 LOL...Hell, My girl Brandy and I still sport the ROCKER chick to go to concerts together LOL....

I am in the blue and Brandy is in the tank...awww I miss my friend Brandy..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008 05:48:14 AM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008 06:56:59 AM »

i MISSED the 60s by not being around yet... but maybe i would have liked them.  i miss the 70s through early 90s, i guess... any decade before i had to start pretending to be a responsible adult. (*_*)

i like the mod design and the hippie style that keeps getting recycled still... It's due to the 60s/70s and my parents being hippies and trying to "live off the land", that i got to grow up with DIY and handcrafting all around me my whole life. 
in the 80s i admired punks but was never rebel enough to be one. 

wow i wish there were a mini-swap of this theme.  (anybody else feels the same and wants to do a personal mini-swap, PM me!) ... because of all that pretending to be a responsible adult, i can't really commit to a full swap at the moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
kitschkween
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008 07:11:41 AM »

Funny in the end very end of the 80s I became a rocker chick..

my parents were more into the hip hop lifestyle of the 80s. my dad was a b-boy (break dancer) and my mom was the typical b-boy groupie. she had the big hair, layered neon slouchy socks, bandannas everywhere, Sassoon jeans! i love graffiti art, oldschool hip hop, and of course, the awful fashion!

as for aquanet, who knew 80s hair would be responsible for putting a whole in the ozone layer?

i MISSED the 60s by not being around yet... but maybe i would have liked them.  i miss the 70s through early 90s, i guess... any decade before i had to start pretending to be a responsible adult. (*_*)

i like the mod design and the hippie style that keeps getting recycled still...
wow i wish there were a mini-swap of this theme.  (anybody else feels the same and wants to do a personal mini-swap, PM me!) ... because of all that pretending to be a responsible adult, i can't really commit to a full swap at the moment.
i could live in hippie skirts for the rest of my life! i went through a hippie phase for a couple years. i had silver from my elbows down. tons of bracelets, rings on every finger, that trademark tiny braid down the side of my face, and of course, bell bottoms. I swear it looked like i was floating everywhere. i hit it big time when my grandmother gave me all her old clothes. she was (and still is) a fashionista, so i had a TDF wardrobe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

timpani~jax
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008 07:23:16 AM »

I just sent my info. I thought it would be hard to choose which decade but I decided on the 60's. My questionnaire has ended up being huge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschkween
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008 07:25:36 AM »

I just sent my info. I thought it would be hard to choose which decade but I decided on the 60's. My questionnaire has ended up being huge!
just got it! welcome to the swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008 11:35:18 PM »

I really think that I was born in the wrong decade.  I am  1950's housewife at heart.  I think I might sign up for this swap but I want to make sure my other obligations are taken care of.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschkween
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008 07:43:37 AM »

I really think that I was born in the wrong decade.  I am  1950's housewife at heart.  I think I might sign up for this swap but I want to make sure my other obligations are taken care of.
i hope you join! you make awesome packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 5 High Tech Public Art Masterpieces
Ed Seese Glass Marbles Artist in Woodford Virginia Part 1/2
Ed Seese Glass Marbles Artist in Woodford Virginia Part 2/2
How to Carve a 2009 Wood Christmas Ornament
How to Construct a Bunny Sculpture - Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...