A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,028
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July 2008 Mostly Fat Quarter Swap (sendouts 7/30) CLOSED  (Read 10703 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kaissa
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008 09:07:47 PM »

Just sent in my info! This is going to be fun! Smiley I can't wait to see what my partner picks.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FlashleyAshley

mashley forever

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008 09:09:30 PM »

yeah, I definitely think it's fun to see what other people pick for me. Since most of us have wists, etsy favorites, craftster profile info, etc. it makes it easy to partners to get a pretty good idea of what we like. The last round similar to this, I got some really cool loteria fabric that I saw and never bought but ended up using every last inch of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.ohthatashley.blogspot.com
I'm working on getting my blog up, check it out! Smiley
SalutingMagpies
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008 07:17:21 AM »

I sent my info in!  Smiley

I'm just thinking - everywhere that sells fabric in England sell it by the metre. The minimum cut is half a metre, and it's rare to get pre-cut fat quarters in anything other than patterned quilters cottons... I think I'm gonna end up with some fabric left over for myself after this! What a shame  Grin

Is that the same in America, or can you buy FQs of fabric from the bolt?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FlashleyAshley

mashley forever

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008 08:03:11 AM »

Many quilt shops here cut and package up FQ's off the bolt, but you can't take the bolt to the employee and tell them you'd like a fat quarter cut. You'd have to get a half yard if they didn't have FQ's. So it's the same as your situation.
Poor you having to keep some fabric for yourself  Cheesy I fear I might just have to do the same!

and I'm glad you signed up! We're at half capacity now. I hope it picks up in the next couple of days; I'm ready to do some shopping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SalutingMagpies
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008 08:42:54 AM »

Yay! I put a note in my signature, it may drum up some more interest

I know, it's a hard life, right?! Cheesy  I'm not too fussy in my tastes, I can use most things, so whatever I buy for my partner should come in handy.

Are we sending extras in this swap, by the way?
I know the fabric amount is quite specific (which is great as I always worry about how much I'm sending) but say I had some buttons that would go great with the fabric - is that ok?
Or say some lovely American person wanted to send me some Cheetos..? Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Colorado Deb
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008 09:47:38 AM »

Ok.. I am in.  I decided I need a stash of strips for scrap type quilts and what  great way to expand my collection! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.-  NuClia Waste
Kaissa
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008 10:34:00 AM »

Yay! I put a note in my signature, it may drum up some more interest

I know, it's a hard life, right?! Cheesy  I'm not too fussy in my tastes, I can use most things, so whatever I buy for my partner should come in handy.

Are we sending extras in this swap, by the way?
I know the fabric amount is quite specific (which is great as I always worry about how much I'm sending) but say I had some buttons that would go great with the fabric - is that ok?
Or say some lovely American person wanted to send me some Cheetos..? Wink

or what if some lovely person wanted to send me some crunchie bars? Cheesy or walker's crisps?!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SalutingMagpies
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008 10:43:25 AM »

Ooh, you don't get crunchies?? Poor soul, I'd be happy to hook my partner up with English sweets Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FlashleyAshley

mashley forever

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008 05:03:39 PM »

SalutingMagpies and Kaissa- it's fine by me if you ladies want to send extras. I think the only reason organizers say 'no extras' is so that one partner doesn't feel disappointed if they sent and bunch of treats and and their partner didn't. And the requirement for fabric is a minimum- if partners feel like they are especially compatable, they can send more if they feel like it.
and YUM, CANDY! My German roommate's family was visiting and brought us Kinder bars. mmmm. They didn't last long in this house!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpottedFrog
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008 06:34:22 AM »

My fabric stash is epic (I am part of the "could clothe a small nation from my stash" club), I have all kinds from everywhere. Personally, I do not want to buy fabric for a swap, I have enough here. But here's the question: If I have and am willing to swap the vintage fabrics I have that are the kind people pay big bucks for on ebay, can I still join? I would not send the sunflowers type overdone & 'so last year' types, I'm talking original 60's groovy, 70's disco type stuff. Yes, I have new fabric too and can stick to that, but I love to share the old stuff, too.

I swapped a lot of fabric back in January for a specific project, it was purely color based. I loved getting fabrics that I personally would never have looked at twice. I've used the scraps from that too, quite a bit.

What say you Miss Organizer?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Ways to Fight Off Frizz
Salon Giving Back Through Beauty
2 Hot Hair Trends From Hollywood’s Top Celebrity Hair Stylist
How to Get an Easy Waterfall Braid
Summer Hair Cut Trend: The Long Bob
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...