A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Got some done and ready to go ........need input tho...  (Read 683 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Hippiemage

peace and hugs always

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2008 10:14:42 AM »

I have been busily tying knots, stringing and playing with shiney things.  I am considering starting to sell online, so need input on how the pictures look,  if they are good enough, dont' have too much glare.....you know all that stuff that drives a gurl crazy lol.  The board I put them on is a regular bulletin board covered with black burlap.  Each picture is labeled, some items I did close ups of.  I posted them on my MySpace to make it easy for all: This is my address, just copy and paste.  I also listed the name of the album.  I thank everyone for your advice, criticisms, and ideas.  I have been told that I should go for the dream, I have many fears on this step, but..... well.....gotta start sometime.

www.myspace.com/nschweigart

Jewelry Makin Insanity Striking Now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Peace, Hugs and Beads!!
mooo
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008 12:47:27 AM »

i think you should go for your dream! :)
believe!

as for your pictures, i can't find them :(!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hippiemage

peace and hugs always

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008 05:08:24 AM »

Hrm........i will check on them.......but when you get to the myspace page, you click on view pics.......and the album is titled "jewelry making insanity striking now".  they should pop up when you go there.  *mutters grumbles, mutters......silly myspace puter ......lol  I will get back to you on this on this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Peace, Hugs and Beads!!
Hippiemage

peace and hugs always

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008 01:03:40 PM »

I went into myspace and checked account, not sure but think perhaps you have to have a page there to be able to see photos.  I had a lot on there, and will have to figure out how to get them on here.  I will probably just pull this message until I can figure out something else. 

If the moderator wishes she can pull all these.  I am having issues with the pictures.  All I wanted was opinions on the jewelry really, if it was good enough, if anyone liked it, so I am guessing this is not where it should be. I thank you for your assistance and removal of this message.  I am about 6 months to a year from having a site to sell stuff....so..... a bit early for here.  thank you again

hippiemage
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008 01:05:11 PM by Hippiemage - Reason: forgot to add length of time before i am ready to set up to sell.....botu a year...to long for here » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Peace, Hugs and Beads!!
mom2blu
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008 10:30:16 AM »

I think your jewelry looks perfectly acceptable and think you should go for it!

One tip is to use small sewing pins instead of push pins.

Also I wouldn't bother with the macrame. It rarely sells for enough to cover costs and a fraction of you time. People are to used to getting perfectly acceptable jewelry like that at the dollar store. Even at cd shops they don't sell for enough to really make it work.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to fill my home and life with handcrafts! PM me if you want to do a personal swap!

I have brand new inkpads and stamps I need to get rid of. Good brands too. I want to swap for other supplies! PM me if you're interested!

HELPPPP I'm addicted to wists!!!!! www.wists.com/mom2blu
Hippiemage

peace and hugs always

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008 10:55:42 AM »

That is my plan......just trying to get them up there to see how they looked.  Believe it or not i sell more of the macrame than anything else, could be cause is real hemp.....could be cause is better made i not know......but is what is selling now.....strange huh?  I would have thought the beaded would go first lol.... I got fooled.  I pay 20 bucks for a kilo of hemp..takes me bout 30 mins to construct the macrame then i sell for 15 for a necklace some as high as 30 depending on what is in them and labor....not too bad a price for the hemp.  Glad you were able to see it.  Back to beading....today is beaded jewelry creation day....heh...tomorrow is school, wed is hemp then thursday school, and then have one big paper due then other days will be split tween the two....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Peace, Hugs and Beads!!
snowii
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008 12:14:29 AM »

I love the pepper and fruit ones!!  ; Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The 5 Must-Have Boots For Fall
How to Look Taller Instantly
Threads | A Look At The Crooks & Castles Fall and Spring Streetwear Lines
5 Ways to Wear a Faux Fur Vest
Style Profile | DIY Twist Tie Dresses For The Fall
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...