A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MovieMonster-GillMan Glow in the Dark on Black Background  (Read 1746 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BeatnikChick
« on: July 03, 2008 07:39:09 AM »

I am changing the theme of my bathroom from just Black and White Movies to one specific movie-The Creature From the Black Lagoon.  I went to a Horror convention this past weekend, and 2 sisters were selling soaps with horror themes... I fell in love with 2 that they did, a businessman zombie coming out of a grave and a GillMan head. 

I bought the zombie, but on my way home I was totally inspired to change my bathroom theme to The Creature From The Black Lagoon!  It was natural for me to choose a horror theme, especially since it was an old horror movie, and it is a total play on "EVERYONE'S bathroom who has a fish theme" again this is natural.  The GillMan HAD to be my next embroidery project.  (Anyone have any other suggestions of things for my new bathroom theme?)

Since I just ordered the Glow in the Dark Embroidery thread from Sublime Stitching and was impatient to get a move-on with this piece, I looked high and low for glow in the dark thread around where I live, I found some and quickly stitched up GillMan for my bathroom!  I also used a dark green floss with the Glow in the dark thread on black cotton fabric and "HOORAY" here's my result:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Human rights are for EVERYONE.  Did you know that Aung San Suu Kyi had been released from house arrest in Burma? Many other prisoners of conscience are still being detained.  Please research this topic... Amnesty International needs your help.
micheleleigh
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008 07:47:08 AM »

this is pretty awesome.  that movie, the creature form the black lagoon was filmed a few miles from where i live in tallahassee. it was at wakulla springs.  they have some pretty cool old movie posters from it hanging around their lodge. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

perky
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008 08:14:38 AM »

i bet it looks pretty scary in the dark. i'm from tallahassee, too! i haven't been to wakulla springs in a while...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008 08:27:24 AM »

Looks cool! I would NEVER EVER EVER use your bathroom though! For fear that something would come out of the toilet! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008 08:48:10 AM »

Oh. my. God! Seriously in love with this! That is one of my favorite movies ever and you did him justice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandybles

I <3 my pooch.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008 09:34:51 AM »

That is just too cool! I agree with you about the fish theme thing, and I think your bathroom decor idea is brilliant! Perhaps you could make a shower curtain (or something to hang in front of the curtain, as I think it'd get a bit messy) that looked like algae/seaweed/other drape-y, creepy, lagoon-y things. Maybe a mossy looking bath rug too. Haha, I don't know, but I really love where you're going with this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RachelKristin
rude crude & tattooed

Vulgarity is my specialty

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008 10:29:42 AM »

SO AWESOME! i love creature from the black lagoon! i have a life sized gillman cut-out in our laundry room  Cheesy
p.s. wonderful idea for your bathroom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Tumblr page
http://rachelkristin.tumblr.com/

Check out my Etsy store to purchase some of my work!
http://rachelmckay.etsy.com

Do you Twitter? Follow me!
http://twitter.com/JigsawYouth

My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rachelmckay/
katiekutthroat
one sassy southern crafter.. not for the easily offended

Thin line between adorable and appalling!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008 11:52:32 AM »

this is so very awesome.. i looked at the glow in the dark floss yesterday but didn't get any.. i may have to venture out again and give it a try.. great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katcal

Callie the Reindeer!!

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008 12:20:45 PM »

I like the theme very diff to what anyone else does!  Bet it looks pretty cool in the dark.  I think i might have to try glow in the dark threads now!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mellifluous
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008 01:58:35 PM »

What a great idea for a bathroom theme. The perfect answer to all the fish and themes. That's going to a be quite a surprise for an unwary guest. Grin

This is fun. You should do one of those pin up girl patterns and put her in your bathroom as well for him to "menace". The moss green rug and kelp shower curtain was a great suggestion too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Understand And Use The Art Color Wheel
How to Apply Red Venetian Plaster
The Art of Body Painting
How to draw Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
How to draw Alviss from MAR
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...