A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,550
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall Wardrobe  (Read 589 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jendodd
« on: July 02, 2008 10:51:51 PM »

Has anyone started planning for fall?  We've now run through the clothes that we received for my daughter when she was born and her fall wardrobe is looking pretty bleak! 

I have quite a bit of fabric but I'm lost-

Any ideas of essential patterns I should pick up for my size 2 daughter?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nylaskye
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008 06:44:19 AM »

There are some very easy a line jumper patterns for girls.  Can't think of the names and numbers just yet.  Check New Look and Simplicity.  Those jumpers can be paired with short and long sleeves, turtlenecks and you can  have hera wear tights underneath.  They are quick to make!  You can whip up atleast 5 in one week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jasar31629
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008 12:38:42 PM »

I really liked this book I'd checked out from the library and so I bought it.  I think it's a great example of how just a few patterns can create so many different styles by just changing a few features: http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Designs-Todays-Active-Children/dp/0688056849/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215459218&sr=1-4  Some styles are outdated but the principles remain true.  I would recommend checking out Kwiksew patterns as I've had good luck with their basics and again-some simple changes by you add so many options!  When my dd was 2 I loved soft yoga pants in the fall with whatever tops and dresses.  Loved the dresses-I felt they were much more comfortable for her than many of the tops and jeans etc out there.  I love finding inspiration from the trendier kids shops and then constructing my own version from a basic pattern.  Hope that helps  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StacyCK
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008 09:41:10 AM »

Buy a pattern that has leggings, pants and jumpers and then go to town.  Pants and leggings are super quick to sew up.  I usually buy plain shirts on sale at ON and dress them up with appliques to match the pants.  You can also make a corset top or vest to go over the knit shirt to dress it up.  Right now my girl is not so thrilled about dresses. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008 08:26:38 AM »

remember, many summer jumper dresses which still fit come the colder weather are perfectly wearable over a long sleeve onesie/shirt and some tights, leggings or jeans.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ian Falconer Talks About Olivia Goes to Venice
Gwyn Cready Talks About Aching for Always
Justin Somper Gives Some Answers
Nic Pizzolatto Talks About Galveston
Nic Pizzolatto Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...