A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A full, delicious, 6.5 feet of cupcakes and cheesecake!  (Read 42459 times)
Tags for this thread: cupcake  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cleahpatra
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2008 08:15:52 AM »

What a great idea!  There's a cupcake bakery near here, I bet they had something that looked sooo cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art: www.leahstuff.com
Comic: www.willrad.com
------------------------------
Etsy shop: www.futuregirl.etsy.com
frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2008 09:49:42 AM »

I don't know if you still view this site, but the photos of the cupcake tree are not posting and I am so super curious to see what the process looks like.  If you can repost them, it would be very  helpful!

thanks!

They are loading just fine for me, photobucket is still hosting them. Weird. I'll try posting one here and see what that does. Let me know!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LMZ319
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2008 11:59:30 AM »

Stunning! I'm in the process of making a giant cupcake stand too; that design was one of my top choices. We decided to go with a square design...I only hope ours turns out half as nice as yours!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~LZ
ahyanna
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2008 08:26:43 PM »

Thank you for sharing, the 6ft cupcake tree was exceptionally creative.  I am hosting a baby shower for my sister and I found that you have to spend your life savings just to get a cake that makes a statement!  I am trying very hard to mimic your  creation....... You stated the bottom tier is 40 inches but how many inches did you shave off as the tiers decreased in size?  I really appreciate the help. I hope my sister glows when she sees her cupcake display.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunsenhoneydew13
copacetic

superherogirl.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2008 08:39:43 PM »

this is absolutely beautiful! you've totally inspired me to use this in my wedding  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frogeyesalad

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2008 12:24:46 PM »

Thank you for sharing, the 6ft cupcake tree was exceptionally creative.  I am hosting a baby shower for my sister and I found that you have to spend your life savings just to get a cake that makes a statement!  I am trying very hard to mimic your  creation....... You stated the bottom tier is 40 inches but how many inches did you shave off as the tiers decreased in size?  I really appreciate the help. I hope my sister glows when she sees her cupcake display.

I can't find my papers that have all the numbers, but I know that the top tier was 9 inches. With 9 tiers, we just gradually decreased from 40" to 9", and each tier was a different size. I think each was approximately 4 inches smaller than the one below it, we were very exact and used 15ths and 16ths of inches, since we had to allow for what the router would take off as well.

I hope this helps, I'm sorry I can't find the real information to be exact for you! Also, the styrofoam between tiers was usually about 1/2 the diameter of the tier above it, just so you can see how we proportioned that.

Good luck for the baby shower, your sister will LOVE it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ALI-MAE
one smart blonde

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2008 09:32:58 PM »

that is by far one of the most amazing things i have ever seen!!!!!! Shocked i have to have one of these at my wedding (whenever that may be considering me and the boyfriend have been together 4 years and still no popping of "the question") i am totally all for non-traditional weddings!!! freakin awesome!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A woman should have...a set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra- Maya Angelo
MrsBonhamToBe
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2008 09:56:59 AM »

How impressive!  I've been looking for directions on how to make one of my own, and I found yours!  Any way you could let me know how much it cost to make & any troubleshooting you had?  

--
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008 10:06:41 AM by MrsBonhamToBe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
witchytree
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2008 12:30:10 PM »

Wow!  This is amazingly cute and a great idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't make me release the flying monkeys.
frogeyesalad

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2008 06:03:16 PM »

How impressive!  I've been looking for directions on how to make one of my own, and I found yours!  Any way you could let me know how much it cost to make & any troubleshooting you had?  

--

Eek! I'm sorry this has taken me forever, I kept meaning to get back to you and forgetting. Marriage made me quite forgetful.

I'm guessing it probably cost $150+, we never totaled it. The Styrofoam with shipping was about $85, so that was the biggest cost, then the wood, buying the circle jig for the router and all of that.

I guess as far as troubleshooting I can't really think of anything. It really turned out perfectly. The only problem would be not having a base like my mom built, and I'm really not sure how she did it. She used the Christmas Tree stand, and then made 4 little boxes of wood that connected in an asterisk shape with a small hole in the middle for a curtain rod. And, they put a large dowel vertically under the top layer so that it fit inside the curtain rod and the layer sat on top, rather than having the hole all the others did.

I hope this helps, please let me know if I can clear anything up (and I'll try to respond more quickly!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating the Ideal Recording Environment
Watch, Pass, or Rent: The American & Going the Distance
Screenwriting Card Trick
How to Have Good Audition Etiquette
Final Cut Transitions in Final Cut Pro Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...