A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My springtime wedding and diy wedding dress!  (Read 2776 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

orangesandjello
« on: July 03, 2011 01:06:45 PM »

Well, I guess it was in June, so technically summer, but spring was our theme (if you can call it that).

Welcome to my first ever thread and what better way to kick things off than with possibly the best thing I've ever made. Ever since I learned how to sew I made a decision that I would make my own wedding dress. And make it I did! I was laboring on it up to the night before, but it was all worth it.

A full view of it right after we got married, awkward smiles and all.

Here's the back. There are corset ties down both sides and a bow up at the top. The main body is just white satin and the bodice and other accents are made from a cream colored fabric I found. It has this slightly shiny pattern on it that kinda looks like tree bark. The dress design is all mine and went through many changes throughout the sewing process. And I gotta say, I'm very happy with the result.

Some photos of my dad walking me down the "aisle" and a beautiful picture of the view from the chapel.

My mom picked out and arranged all the flowers for the table centerpieces.

Our cupcake table set up by our amazing caterers and my mom. Being a crafty lady, it was nerve-wracking having to let other people be in charge of setting things up while we got ready. We didn't get to see the reception hall fully set up until everyone was already there but it turned out beautiful!

One last picture of the happy couple. We seemed to always know when to make the most awkward faces.
The wedding turned out better than we could have possibly hoped and everyone is still talking about it. My dress was a huge hit. People were amazed when they heard that I made and designed it and everyone kept asking if I was planning on going into fashion.

Thanks for looking! If anyone wants more pictures of something, just ask!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011 01:54:06 PM »

What an amazing job! I love the way the skirt drapes and the shape suits you so well, but I'm sure you've been overwhelmed with compliments on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
MarieAntoinette
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011 03:16:57 PM »

Congratulations on both the wedding and the dress!  Cheesy

I'm going to be a bridesmaid in April and can't find what I like (it's a Caribbean wedding which is why I'm shopping for summer dresses right now...).  You've given me the courage to try making my own!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LupitaS
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011 03:19:10 PM »

It's beautiful!!!! Amazing!!! Congratulations as well! The wedding looked wonderful Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lupita Cheesy
jamian
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011 06:24:36 PM »

Oh wow!

First of all, congratulations on the marriage and on the wedding--everything turned out so beautifully! You really should consider going into fashion Cheesy

And secondly, this is extra-cool for me because I'm pretty sure this is the same place I got married in June 2008 (Chapel Dulcinea, right?) We have a lot of similar pics, including the awkward-face ones :p  And just out of curiosity, was your officiant named Connie? Even she looks exactly like our officiant :p

Congrats again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

orangesandjello
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011 06:48:00 PM »

And secondly, this is extra-cool for me because I'm pretty sure this is the same place I got married in June 2008 (Chapel Dulcinea, right?) We have a lot of similar pics, including the awkward-face ones :p  And just out of curiosity, was your officiant named Connie? Even she looks exactly like our officiant :p

Congrats again!
Yes and yes! Wow, that's a cool coincidence! Connie's a family friend of my husband's and she did such a great job officiating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011 06:54:27 PM »

Gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainylakechick
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011 06:24:05 AM »

Congrats again!
Yes and yes! Wow, that's a cool coincidence! Connie's a family friend of my husband's and she did such a great job officiating.

Very cool dress -- I'm amazed that you made that.

When I saw these photos, I thought, "That looks like the Hill Country" and when I saw this quote-exchange, I googled "Chapel Dulcinea".  Yup, Austin! 

Congrats again!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Coconut Tapioca Pudding with Chef Brooke Williamson
How to Make a Nutella Cheesecake
How to Make Chocolate Whoopie Pies
Greek Lemon Yogurt Cake Recipe
KD101: Strawberry Champagne Pops
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...