A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 303,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ballet style DIY from seventeen magazine  (Read 10645 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

The crafty diva is on the loose!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 15, 2003 10:10:50 AM »

they have a diy section on thier site and i found this and thought it was easy and cute!

[edited by the craftster admin to replace Seventeen magazine's content with a link to their site instead]
« Last Edit: September 15, 2003 11:01:39 AM by the craftster admin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003 11:00:49 AM »

very cute stuff!

Thanks for sharing this divasteph. I replaced your posting with a link to their site because it's a copyright violation to show their pictures and content here without their permission.  Hope ya understand!  Smiley

I have a section about this in the craftster FAQ:

See the question "If I see a project somewhere on the web and it's not my own but I'd like to share it with fellow craftsters, what's the best way to do this?"

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003 09:48:31 AM »

that article makes me feel very hip because of the leg-warmers i just knit.  oh yeah.

I'm in love! (With the right One.)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003 06:10:53 PM »

I have a passion for dancing. Sadly, I am not a dancer other than my high school's show choir. I would like to start incorporating dance wear into my wardrobe. Does anyone have any ideas? How about homade leg warmers? How should I wear them considering I am a jeans-n-tee shirt girl? Any ideas? i have already seen the seventeen DIY ballet issue too.

Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain. Climb on two by two, to be sure these days continue.
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2003 09:39:37 PM »

personally as a jeans and tee girl myself...wear them however makes you comfy... unless you want to be a fashion plate.  I'm making a couple of sets to match my favorite sweaters so that I can wear the sweaters, black jeans and my matching leg warmers and not look ultimately homeless...just clueless about fashion Tongue

fun and fun and more fun...play with all the neat stuff... but now I need more room......

Life is not black and white...it's GOLDEN!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2003 01:35:56 PM »

For the ones that don't stay put try weaving a little elastic through the top and sew it together or weave some ribbon through the top and tie a pretty bow.  These are uber cute with a cute a-line knee-length skirt and some ballet inspired flats or the ultimate "can't live without 'em shoes": Jack Purcell's

When you dim your light to let someone else shine...the whole world gets a little bit darker.

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2003 11:15:51 AM »

This summer my friend went mad over dancing thing. She sewed little bows to candy coloured tops and stuck little ribbon roses to bobby pins. She also went to our local dance shop and bought a ballerina's wraparound cardigan. She looked very sweet in her little cardie, long skirts, pumps, and rose-encrusted hair.

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin

Go big or go home!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003 10:59:57 PM »

Wraparound skirts are also worn, and a bra trick we use for underneath bodysuits is to take a pair of tights and cut holes in the legs and one in the neck to make it into a stringy bra, with the elastic under your bustline. The funny thing about ballet is you're usually too hot to wear all that stuff, it's basically for warming up, or you have to wear dresscode. Jazz sneakers are cute and can also be worn around. Take a look at dance catalogs online for ideas.

If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it.

I'm a hot pink llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2004 11:37:06 PM »

thanks for that link. I just gave up on a pair of half knitted legwarmers because I didn't like the how the pattern was turning out. Now I'm just going to go out to the garage and cut up all the sleeves off of my old sweaters. Any ideas about with what to do with the sweater remains?

I heart comics! Visit my store website!

Glitter is in my blood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004 08:37:44 PM »

Actually jumpers with the arms cut off, preferable with the neck and waistband cut off too looks rad over a long sleeved t shirt...

I like the frayed look, but so that they don't actually come apart, I use a facing about 1" wide and hand stitch it in. Seriously rad.

femmie, artsy, pinko, commie, hippie geek
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kardashian Kids to Launch at Babies R Us
Hottest Kid Trends of the Season
Top 5 Fashionable Winter Looks for Kids
KIds Products and Innovation News
Runway Reality Check
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...