A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas 2008  (Read 8398 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

marycatherine
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2008 12:20:31 PM »

The pointed star afghan is beautiful!  I have been looking for a different type of afghan that I can make as a gift to my adopted soldier stationed in Iraq... Thanks for the great idea..... It is stunning!
Thank you so much!!
Try this one.....it's 9 points but you could do a 12 point and that's what I recommend......

It was easy to put the stars on.....
Stars are here....
http://www.innerchildcrochet.com/patterns/gapless_star_applique.html

I made this one for my DIL while my son does his second tour in Iraq......Army

Good Luck...any questions I will answer gladly
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008 12:22:11 PM by marycatherine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mary Catherine

I Love to Crochet!!
Christinemichelle
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2008 12:24:55 PM »

Time to finish up all those last minute things everybody!

My table runner STILL isn't finished, but I've got time and the stuff thats left is quick to do so it should (hopefully!) be all done in time. Otherwise all my gifts, crochet and otherwise, are finished! Hope its the same for the rest of you!

Merry Christmas everybody Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aphelia
« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2008 12:41:15 PM »

Hi you all! Merry Christmas!
Well, how was it to see your loved ones open the a-lot-of-love-and-a-lot-of-work-presents you had made them??? I LOVED IT! Cheesy My sister had tears in her eyes when she got her present; an afghan, and my mum was all weeeeee-heeee when she saw her purse So much fun! Cheesy My grandmother opened her present and found a tablerunner, and she said: "well, THIS is art". Grin

I will absolutly make more for my family, they are GREAT recievers!

Hopw you all have the same good feeling, that the hours of crocheting was worth it.. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommycrochets
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2008 11:10:58 AM »

I made a few sets of potholders for the family that was in town and they all loved them, I will find out in a few wks how everyone likes the afghans I made, they are going to my family in Washington State and wont be there for a bit.

I need to find a pattern for a simple table runner for a gift next yr, already thinking about next yrs Christmas, I want to make as many presents before then as possible.
Jen
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2008 11:04:21 AM »

I will absolutly make more for my family, they are GREAT recievers!

Its always nice when people are so appreciative like that.  I have alot of family that really love homemade gifts.  But, theres one person though, whos not technically family though, an older lady.  (whom you think the older ones would be even more appreciative) shes not, didnt even make one comment on the item I made her.  And the store bought item she didnt comment on either.  Not even a thankyou.  Which really hurt my feelings because of the time I put into the item.  But then again, this old lady really is a total grump, nothing is good enough for her.  unless its a diamond earings or something.  Its really rude, apparently she lived a very pampered life and doesnt realize that some people live paycheck to paycheck.  And would rather spend $50 on tons of toys for their child then $50 on a pair of gold earings for her, whom isnt even family. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
marycatherine
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2009 01:23:27 PM »

My Moms afghan...finished and given Dec 31....She loved it!!

All my family loved their gifts........I am finished for the 2008 Christmas.
Thanks to all that joined here and I hope each and every one a Great 2009!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mary Catherine

I Love to Crochet!!
mommycrochets
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2009 09:43:51 AM »

I talked to my mom and sister last night, my mom and her husband loved the afghan and shawl I made them and my sister loved her afghan also.
Now I need to make a list of stuff I want to make and for who for this yr.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Christinemichelle
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2009 08:04:12 AM »

I actually didn't finish my grandparents table runner in time - its still not even done Sad It couldn't be helped though, I've been having some problems with nausea lately and crocheting has been totally out.

Everyone else though LOVED their gifts Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kleinsch
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2009 05:05:36 PM »

This year was our first "handmade Christmas," where my husband and I really tried to make most of the gifts for our two girls.  I crocheted, stenciled, and sewed, and he built models for them. 

It was a lot of work, and I'm not so sure we saved any money!  But for the first time in a long time, I really felt good about the gifts I gave.  I didn't feel like I wasted anything--not my money or my time.  The girls loved their sewn items (lap top covers with zippered charger pouches) and their stenciled T-shirts.  My husband loves his crocheted afghan.  My MIL loves his afghan so much, she has asked me to make one for her!  That was the best moment, because she usually turns her nose up at my handmade items. 

And it's over and I am glad, because I have accumulated a long list of things to crochet--for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The more children are valued, the better their values will be.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken and Mushroom Strudel on Baby Spinach Recipe
How to Cook Tilapia
How to Make Southwest Sauce
How to Use a Smoker Box
How to Cook Pork Ribs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...