A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilt Swap III: Fall Edition (USA and Canada) GALLERY  (Read 34023 times)
Tags for this thread: lap_quilt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #620 on: October 20, 2008 05:04:44 PM »

i think calling her a loser was rude, we dont actually know what happened, she could be hurt or sick or anything, and while i am upset about the fabric too, i dont think name calling is appropriate except under extreme circumstances, this is not one of them

i am probrably the other person that didnt let SewHelpMe know that i recieved, i was really sick during a majority of the time the blocks came in, and my sister opened up a set and threw the envelopes away (trying to help, i know she didnt mean to set me back) so i am going to go and look at all the blocks and match them to their makers and let everyone know who has been recieved
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
FlashleyAshley

mashley forever

« Reply #621 on: October 20, 2008 06:42:58 PM »

i dont think name calling is appropriate except under extreme circumstances, this is not one of them
I think the situation is pretty much as extreme as it can get with regards to swapping. I know that personally, I spent at least 2 hours of my life and about $5 in postage on her. For an unemployed and BUSY student, that is quite a bit of resources to be spent and not reciprocated- it could've been 2 meals and a homework assignment instead.  Now multiply that by the rest of the people in this swap- many of who have jobs, are parents, are students, are on tight budgets, etc. and it starts to get a bit disheartening.

But... I'm holding out hope that she'll resurface. She was a good swapper in a previous round and seemed like a nice person.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.ohthatashley.blogspot.com
I'm working on getting my blog up, check it out! Smiley
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #622 on: October 20, 2008 07:09:35 PM »

i simply disagree, i dont think that calling names is necessary to get a message across

this is extreme, but at the same time, its ONLY swapping (trust me, swapping is very important to me, its pretty much my only social situation as i dont have any IRL friends, and i value everyone i meet swapping, and i dont appreciate flaking, and i have been really upset at being accused of it)

but really, unless you know that ajanderson just said screw it i dont care, you shouldnt assume that she is a *loser*

if something terrible happened to her, her family may not know how to contact us to let us know what happened, my family knows intimately about my crafting, but if i wasnt able to speak, they wouldnt know to let anyone here know what happened...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
j_q_adams
« Reply #623 on: October 20, 2008 07:53:10 PM »

Hi all!  I recently made this mosaic of all of the blocks I've received in this swap.  As you can see, they are all GORGEOUS and will make one heck of a quilt.  The missing square is a placeholder for my block from MissDisney, which I just received but haven't been able to take a picture of yet.  I also posted this over in the quilting gallery.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
audrey1999

I think I have become addicted to quilting.

« Reply #624 on: October 20, 2008 08:14:10 PM »

jqadams, your quilt is going be beautiful!  I love how it is looking all together.  Have you decided on the sashing yet?  Please keep us updated on how it is coming together.  Lets all share how ours are coming together because we had made some beautiful blocks this round.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Attention swap partners! My blog and flickr have spoilers! 
http://audreypawdrey.blogspot.com
athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #625 on: October 20, 2008 08:33:20 PM »

ADMIN NOTICE!
I understand the reason for everyone's disapointment.  Believe me. This swap has been like my child since the beginning and I have spent hours organizing it to make it fun for everyone.  As you can tell by the crazy long original post, I have tried to think thru everything and make it as easy and fun as possible.  I consider us a guild, and friends.

That being said, I have long known that this was a possibility and a very troubling one because there is no way to "angel" it and there is no way to get the original fabric back assuming that the swapper is a flaker who never wants to return.  I sent her some of my fabric that I have no duplicates of (scraps perfectly chosen to all go together) and I am hurting.  I loved the quilt and the fabrics and not only were they expensive, but they were one of a kind as far as my collection goes.  So please believe me that I understand the upsetedness about this.

BUT, I think that this thread has definetely gotten too nasty.  If I were AJA, I would read this and then not want to complete the obligations at all.  We had a bit of a trouble last round with a very late sender, but she still pulled through.  I have been slow to leave negative feedback in part because I am so unpredictably busy (I am not sure if I said it, but I literally was in the office working 28 hours in a row a few weeks ago, sweat shoppe anyone?!).  But more, I wanted to give her a chance to follow thru.  She sent me a message at some point saying that life was getting in the way of swapping but I don't think that she was doing this out of menance, but instead her life issues.  I have been holding my breath and I agree the time has come for at least temporary negative feedback.  However, I think an attitude of understanding and compassion (because let's face it, anytime you have to send late or anything, you feel like shit and it's really not a situation you want to be in ... if I were her and feeling this pressure and already self-disapointment, I would consider leaving the community all together just to avoid the wrath that has become this thread, which is horrible!).

So!  I am doing what I can do, and I hope that you keep her in your thoughts with concern -- we do hope that she can come back and meet her obligations.  But maybe, just maybe, if life has really gotten shitty, she will at least know that we're thinking of her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
SewHelpMe
« Reply #626 on: October 21, 2008 06:52:34 AM »

Sorry you think I was rude, MissDisney and athenamat.  Didn't mean to turn the thread nasty at all.  I don't think I wrote anything that other people aren't also thinking.

There were people who were late sending for this swap, BUT they participated all along, and I DON'T fault them at all for being late because I realize life happens.  I think everybody understands that situations pop up.  I guess something huge popped up for ajanderson78, and that's too bad because most everybody thinks poorly about her now.  Simply put:  a deadline's a deadline, and she missed it without the courtesy of communicating.  Maybe she WILL read this thread and mail back everyone's fabric.  If she does, I PROMISE I'll apologize profusely for calling her names.  Anyway, I'd rather her be okay and ignoring us than hurt and unable to communicate.

On a lighter note:  Yay JQA for changing the subject Grin!  Your quilt is going to be beautiful.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008 07:01:51 AM by SewHelpMe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
j_q_adams
« Reply #627 on: October 21, 2008 07:10:57 AM »

This swap has been like my child since the beginning and I have spent hours organizing it to make it fun for everyone.  As you can tell by the crazy long original post, I have tried to think thru everything and make it as easy and fun as possible.  I consider us a guild, and friends.

athenamat, there is no doubt that you are the hostess with the mostest!  we all totally appreciate all of the time and hard work you put into making these swaps a success.  this is only my first one, but i've had a great time and hope to take part in many more.  it sounds like work has turned your world upside down lately -- take care of business, but know that we miss you!

i, for one, have chosen not to end this swap by focusing on two missing packets of fabric, but rather on the 25 BEAUTIFUL pieces of art that i have received from all of you.  and on the many new friends and fellow crafty bloggers that i've met as part of this swap.

we all know that sh*t happens -- work, kids, illness, money, etc.  i know that it very easily could have happened to me at any point during this swap, too.  was it handled the best way possible?  well, no.  but i'm choosing not to think about that.  until i hear from angela herself that she purposely signed up for this swap to load up on free fabric, i am giving her the benefit of the doubt that life simply got in the way and i'm hoping that everything is ok.  she's been involved in several swaps before and has generally received positive feedback.  so unless this is the one where she decided to throw that all away and disappear from craftster (which i think is highly unlikely), then there's probably something else going on.  which might not be a good thing, so i'm cutting her a break.  and my prediction is that she'll check back in when she can and will fulfill her obligation.

ok, i'm going back to admiring my quilt blocks now ... and patiently waiting for LQS4 to open!    Grin
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008 07:12:40 AM by j_q_adams » THIS ROCKS   Logged
athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #628 on: October 21, 2008 11:52:03 AM »

I have to agree John that your quilt is pretty insanely pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
angelbum
Tutorial Contributor

Artisania

I wonder what I'll make today...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #629 on: October 22, 2008 01:49:06 AM »

Well said Athenamat and John Smiley

The problem is that no one has heard from her for nearly 3 months. She could very well be in a coma in the hospital, or suddenly had to move, or had to leave immediately for work to some godforsaken part of the world and her neighbour is stealing her mail...

I figure that until she communicates with someone, due process should occur with respect to the swap rules, just to cover the bases in case she has simply decided to make off with a bunch of cut up, unmatching packs of fabric.

I have to say it would be a really odd way of stealing fabric, especially considering she's swapped with several of us before, and everyone has her full name and address.

I wonder if listing each group a person is involved in as a separate swap is something to consider? 11 blocks is already quite a commitment, 22 is a major undertaking. 33? Well that's just crazy! LOL! I honestly have no clue how you 3 group swappers did it!

Anyway, I have to add that John, your quilt already looks fantastic! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Athenamat, I received your block the other day! Thank-you so much! True to form, it's beautifully done  Grin

I think I've received every block I've been expecting now. Thank-you all for swapping with me! I think in the next few weeks I should have that puppy put together. I'm thinking about creating a centrepiece block, and using the swapped blocks as a nice border.

I don't have the time to commit to another round before Christmas, so I'll be stalking the next swap gallery Grin Have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Tips For Long Luscious Locks
5 Steps On How To Apply Red Lipstick
Luxury Beauty Gifts That Sparkle
Makeup Facelift in 5 Easy Steps
Bobbi Brown Makeup Secrets For Mature Skin
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...