A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,535
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilt Swap III: Fall Edition (USA and Canada) GALLERY  (Read 39643 times)
Tags for this thread: lap_quilt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #480 on: September 03, 2008 06:43:47 PM »

I posted my final block... for athenamat.

I just made 4 friendship stars and stitched them together.  I had a hell of a time coming up with fabric placement Wink... it's very scrappy because of all the colors, but I like how it turned out.   I actually drew it out 3 or 4 times on paper and colored it in with crayons to figure out where I wanted the fabrics placed. 

I am going to do a bonus block for MissDisney, and then I shall ship!  I guess I won't be shipping until Saturday, because I have to work all day Friday and won't make it to the Post Office.  I may be able to make it there tomorrow night, if I make good headway on the bonus block tomorrow.  We shall see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelbum
Tutorial Contributor

Artisania

I wonder what I'll make today...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #481 on: September 03, 2008 09:19:39 PM »

Oh Wow, I am LOVING the new additions to the gallery!

Now I have to go by faulty mommy memory cause it still takes a lifetime for the pictures to load up for me, so I deeply apologize if I miss commenting on your new blocks! Rest assured I think they're fabulous though  Grin

Klum, I love your blocks! So fun seeing your stuff!
JQ - as usual - outstanding work, I can not wait to see what you do with mine!
Jenicat, those pinwheels are really neat! I'm inspired to try some!

Whoopdee, thanks so much for my block I really like it!
Homerof2 - Yay, I received my block from you the other day, thanks so much, it's lovely!

And I know someone else made me one...1b1g1k2? hrm... it's the prairie something or other I think...anyway thank-you so much, I think it looks great!

I'm so happy I joined this swap!!

However, I'm realizing that we're down to one month to go, and if I keep up my pace, I'm never going to be done. So I'm choosing slightly less time consuming patterns for the remaining blocks, but will still try to keep some oddball pizzaz  Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

audrey1999

I think I have become addicted to quilting.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #482 on: September 04, 2008 06:27:12 PM »

I am going to try to update what I love about what has been posted lately.

Homerof2:  Love the maple leaf for ajanderson.  It reminds me of a lollipop in such a good way.

Klum78: I really like your blocks for lourapalmr and for SewHelpMe.  They both really appeal to me.

1boy1girl1kitty2:  Your block for critterpants is so cute.  Love it.  The laced star for ajanderson is fabulous-really I love it and would love for it to be mine-as well as the star for MissDisney-so pretty-and Klum78's.  I can't believe you are done!

Southernflower:  I also really like critterpants' block.  I think her quilt is going to be awesome.

Angelbum: Everytime I look at your blocks they astound me.

Kaishabackwards: Your blocks for MissDisney and 1boy1girl1kitty2 are so pretty.

j_q_adams:  All of your blocks are pretty freakin' fantastic, but I am really digging the one you did for 1boy1girl1kitty2.  I love it and Homerof2's block. This really does showcase her fantastic fabric.  FlashleyAshley's quilt is also going to be great.  All of your blocks for her are wonderful.  I don't know how she is going to be able to give her quilt away.  Really, can you do it Ashley?  I don't think I could.

Mommythemaid:  Love the block for critterpants too!  It appeals to my nontraditional sense of blocks with it's A frame style.  It is pretty cool.

Jenicat: I like your new block for athenamat-especially with all the connotations that come with the "friendship star"!

So, thanks to all of you I now want a Christmas quilt (thanks Miss Disney and Klum78) a wonderful scrappy quilt (lourapalmr), a fruitastic quilt (critterpants), an apple quilt (flashleyashley), a modern pink and brown quilt (sewhelpme and j_q_adams), a western horsey quilt of 1boy1girl1kitty2 (I used to own and show horses)and whoopdedoo's turtle quilt from athenamat.  Where will I keep all these quilts?  I am sure I will be adding to that list very soon with all the great additions.  Can you believe we have less than a month left?  I better get busy. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Attention swap partners! My blog and flickr have spoilers! 
http://audreypawdrey.blogspot.com
FlashleyAshley

mashley forever

« Reply #483 on: September 04, 2008 10:15:40 PM »

I don't know how she is going to be able to give her quilt away.  Really, can you do it Ashley?  I don't think I could.
No, no I can not! Thankfully, the baby that I thought it was going to was made up. It's a stupid story, really. My friend and her sister look eerily alike, and it turned out that her sister is massively pregnant, but another friends dad couldn't tell them apart and started telling everyone that the wrong sister was pregnant. So I went back to my hometown and made an investigation where I weaseled my way over to her house to pretend to hang out, and her belly was totally flat. That's the small town gossip train for ya  Roll Eyes Soooooo in my excitement I planned this quilt for this made up baby, but I'm excited it was a hoax so I get to keep the quilt!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.ohthatashley.blogspot.com
I'm working on getting my blog up, check it out! Smiley
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 05, 2008 06:31:31 AM »

Just a note to everyone in Group 3 - I'm leaving tomorrow for holidays and won't be back until Tuesday, September 16th.  Keep sending me PMs when you send and/or receive blocks back and as soon as we are home I'll update the spreadsheet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glittergirl94
« Reply #485 on: September 06, 2008 11:11:32 AM »

Hey everyone!  I've added a few more blocks to my gallery.  I've completed all of my group one blocks!  Yay me!  I love stalking this thread to see the new blocks appear; I'll be sad when we're all done...  =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #486 on: September 06, 2008 06:12:53 PM »

Jenicat!  I love the block that you made me!  And thanks for the friendship star comment :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
angelbum
Tutorial Contributor

Artisania

I wonder what I'll make today...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: September 07, 2008 12:21:55 AM »

Ok, my next one for Flashley is up!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FlashleyAshley

mashley forever

« Reply #488 on: September 07, 2008 09:09:44 AM »

angelbum, that is SO cute! You always amaze.
I love the apple tree Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.ohthatashley.blogspot.com
I'm working on getting my blog up, check it out! Smiley
j_q_adams
« Reply #489 on: September 07, 2008 11:59:58 AM »

Hey all!  Hope you're having a great weekend.  My twins' 4th birthday party is in 2 hours, but I quickly wanted to post angelbum's block to my gallery.  It's on page 3.

I also wanted to show you all some blocks that I've been working on this weekend.  I love them but don't really have anyone here to share in my excitement, so I wanted to share them with you all.

They're from the Japanese Blocks book that SewHelpMe and I were talking about a few weeks back.  What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008 12:01:15 PM by j_q_adams » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Towel Cake
How to Make a Toga
How to Make an Elf Costume
How to Make a Paper Balloon Water Bomb
How to Make a No-Sew Safety Pin Purse
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #107: Bottle It Up Winner!
Tute Tuesday: Whitman's Sampler
The Zombie Trend: Now... Sheep!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...