A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilt Swap III: Fall Edition (USA and Canada) GALLERY  (Read 37748 times)
Tags for this thread: lap_quilt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaishabackwards
I am interested in politics so that one day I will not have to be interested in politics.

My eyes are nothing like the sun.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008 12:22:36 PM »

"Hidden Nine Patch" Block For Whoopdedoo_5:

"Hidden Nine Patch" Block for klum78:

Super scrappy Block for Audrey1999:

Block for Southern_flower:

Block for MommyTheMaid:

Block for 1boy1girl1kitty2:

Antique Tile Block for MissDisney:

Block for lourapalmr:

Block for Homerof2

Block for ajanderson78:

Block for critterpants:
Pic to come as soon as my mother returns my camera.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008 09:38:31 PM by kaishabackwards » THIS ROCKS   Logged

j_q_adams
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008 01:49:35 PM »

OK, here's my first block of the swap.  It's for SewHelpMe.  Aren't her fabrics so great??

7.22:  My love of SewHelpMe's fabric + a block pattern I was dying to try + having enough scraps leftover and a coordinating solid = this bonus block for SewHelpMe!  (I asked first -- she said it was OK!)

I really like this block ... and these fabrics ... hmmm ... I might just have to make a whole quilt of it.  One day.

It's Box Quilt from Quilter's Cache.

7.26:  Two more blocks to share today!  The first is for glittergirl.  I was looking for a way to showcase the bras in her fabric and decided to make another Box Quilt block ... and, I added in some coordinating scraps of my own fabric.  glittergirl, if you don't like it with the additions, I am sure I have enough left over to make you another block.  Just let me know!

The second block is for BertaBerta.  I love her koi fabric and wanted to showcase it (which she wanted, too).  And her coordinating prints were perfect, so I just had to make this Chinese lantern block.  Berta, I hope you like it and don't think it's too cliche!

Pattern is from about.com.

1b1g1k2's hibiscus block is all cut and ready to be pieced.  I hope to get to it today ...

7.31:  OK, it took a few days to get it together, but here it is!  You can't tell by the picture, but her white-on-white fabric literally glows.  It is going to make a beautiful blanket.

1b1g1k2:

8.2:  I finished up glittergirl's 2nd block today.  Here it is:

It's Mother's Dream from Quilter's Cache.

I'm hoping to get at least 2 more blocks done this weekend.  On deck: ritapizza, whoopdedoo_5, and Jenicat.  I don't know whose to tackle first!   Huh

8.3: Two more blocks to share today.  The first is for whoopdedoo_5:

And the second is for ritapizza:

This one is the Flying Dutchman Variation from Quilter's Cache.

8.11:  New blocks to share!  The first is for fishie:

The second is a wonky log cabin block for audrey1999.  This was my first time making one of these, and I used Jacquie's tutorial.  I enjoyed making it.  Audrey, I hope you like it!

The next two blocks are both for jenicat:

... and a bonus block ...

Finally (for today), a bonus block for whoopdedoo_5:

I just finished caroDIYnamite's block, but I need to wait for daylight to take a decent pic.  Hopefully I'll have that one up tomorrow.  And I REALLY like it.

8.12:  OK, here it is ... caroDIYnamite's block.  The colors are SO vivid ... I love them!

And another bonus block for Jenicat.  Jenicat, I hadn't used this particular red fabric before, and when I ironed this block, the red bled a little into the white.  It's a small spot that's not too noticeable (and will probably be even less so once quilted), but I'll totally understand if you don't want to use it.

8.14:  Here's my block for klum78.  I was going for the look of Christmas ornaments.  I hope you like it!

Aaaaaaaand, with that, I think I'm done with block making until after my surgery.  Unless I get inspired.  Which will probably happen.  So never mind!   Wink

9.1:  For Labor Day weekend, I labored on quilt squares!  It was a labor of love, though.

Here's my block for MissDisney:

I hope you like it, MissDisney!  I tried to go for very traditional, and I think the colors look great together.

Next up is 1b1g1k2's second square of the swap:

It's "Millennium Star" from the Once More Around the Block book that I just got (via eBay used books).  I have to say, I was not very happy with this block when I cut it ... but the more I worked on piecing it together, the more I fell in love with it.  I was nervous about working with the denim and suede,  but it worked out just fine.  This is true for ALL of the quilts in this swap,  but I really can't wait to see this one all together.

Here's my second block for ritapizza:

Another Millennium Star.  And here's a bonus block for rita:

Very simple, but I love how it came out!  I got this one off of crazymomquilts.blogspot.com.

Finally for tonight is Homerof2's block:

I got this pattern off of McCall's, but I didn't copy the name.

Next up ... FlashleyAshley!  I have both of her squares cut and laid out -- and I am very excited about them!  I hope to be able to piece them together tonight.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

9.3:  Here are FlashleyAshley's blocks.  Ashley, I hope you like them!

Here's the block for one of the groups:

And here's the one for the other:

Both are "Forget Me Nots" from the "Once More Around the Block" book.  SewHelpMe made one of these blocks for herself and I was inspired to try it out.  I kind of wish now that I had made this block for ritapizza because I think her fabrics would look great ... especially because she is laying out her quilt on point and I think this block would look fantastic on point.  So if any of you haven't made rita's block yet ...   Wink

And finally, a bonus block!

This is actually four 6" blocks all sewn together.  The pattern is Four Square from Quilter's Cache.

I think I am going to tackle angelbum's block next!

9.7:  Hello everyone!  I hope you're all having a great weekend.  I've finished angelbum's block, and here it is!:

I really wanted to make something more non-traditional for you, Sonja, but I made a couple of cutting errors which quickly began limiting what I could do.  I like how this turned out, though -- great colors! -- and I hope you like it, too.

I'm down to just 4 more blocks to go -- 2 for athenamat, and 2 for ajanderson.

9.13:  Two blocks to share today,  both for athenamat:

I hope you like them both!  Now, on to my final two blocks for ajanderson.

9.18:  And here they are ... my final two blocks of the swap.  Both are for ajanderson.

The Cross Stitch block, which seems to have become my "go-to" block for this swap.  I added in the solid green.  I think it looks cool.

Disclaimer: the 4 rows in this next block are not yet sewn together, but it's close enough to give you the idea.

Are they houses?  Rocketships?  Arrows?  You decide!  I made this block up myself.  It's a variation on the cross-stitch, but I decided to piece together 2" strips so that each block had 2 fabrics.  Then, I was going to make them all snowballs, but got halfway through and loved how it looked.  So I stopped.  I think a quilt made up only of these blocks would be super cool.

I can't believe I'm done with this swap!  It's been such a blast and I'm glad to have met all of you.  And my quilt is going to be stunning ... thanks to all of you!  I hope to be a part of LQS4 ...

PS. I aim to send the remainder of my blocks back to y'all tomorrow or Saturday.  I'll let you know ...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008 04:35:24 PM by j_q_adams » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008 08:19:19 AM »

Mine, mine, mine.  Cannot wait to start!!

Please excuse the camera phone pics...mynew camera should be here early next week.

made for my quilt:

The colors really are much more vibrant.

Audrey1999's block.  Her fabrics are BEAUTIFUL and my camera phone just doesn't capture them.

Whoopededoo's block

Kaishabackwards

LouraPalmr

Klum78

Homerof2

1boy1girl1kitty2

southern flower

ajanderson78

critterpants

MissDisney
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008 11:21:19 PM by MommyTheMaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008 03:18:18 PM »

July 19:  The first block is done (Castle in the Air from Quilter's Cache), with 1b1g1k2's fabric!  Smiley 

July 20:  A block for me!  This is called Double Pinwheel, from McCall's Quilting site.

July 28:  One block for ritapizza (Double Pinwheel again):

July 29:  Block for SewHelpMe (another Double Pinwheel):

August 27:  Finally getting JQA's block up... Wink Double Pinwheel AGAIN!

August 27:  ritapizza's second block - this is called Four Patch on McCall's Quilting site:

August 27 again:  FlashleyAshley's block, Four Patch from McCall's.

August 28: MissDisney's Double Pinwheel (which looks very warped, but isn't):

August 29:  ajanderson's block:  I added some of my own fabric (she said it was OK).  With the fluorescent lighting in my place, it looks sea foam green... it's really lime green.  The shorter "spikes" are purple, too... not navy blue.  Smiley

August 30:  a block for glittergirl!  Smiley  The colors are WAY off in the photo. 

August 31:  A block for audrey1999.  Smiley  I added my own batik as the background and I like that the green stands out amongst all the purple.  Smiley

September 2:  A block for klum78!  I really love this block because it frames the snowman.  Wink

September 3:  My last block!  for athenamat.  It's 4 friendship stars sewn together.  I figured it was appropriate.  Wink

September 10:  OK, really my final block.  This is the bonus block for MissDisney.  I just added my own pre-washed white cotton as the background.  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008 11:17:06 AM by Jenicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008 04:06:12 PM »

I think homerof's sewing fabrics are too cute!

And SewHelpMe!!!!  Those fabrics are LOVELY LOVELY!  and I love the blocks you did.  So neat and sweet.  I want to get that book now Wink  I like the first two blocks the best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
j_q_adams
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008 07:21:50 AM »

I TOTALLY agree with athenamat.  Homerof2's fabrics are great -- I have a soft spot for those ruler fabrics.  I LOVE them.

SewHelpMe's fabrics are beautiful.  That will be a stunning quilt.  All 3 blocks are great (i have to check that book out, too!), but I actually really, really like the third one the best!

I love that the visual stimulation is starting already.  It makes me want to run home and start working ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewHelpMe
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008 11:03:19 AM »

I actually really, really like the third one the best!

That third block was a toughie to put together!  First I've never made that top right unit before, and I was just working with a bunch of triangles, and that always makes me nervous.  Second, there are no assembly directions in those books (it's cutting directions only!) so I had to figure out the stages of assembly as I went along.  And sometimes I'm dangerous when I have to think.  Fortunately, I didn't have to unsew anything, and I got it right the first time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
j_q_adams
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2008 11:40:23 AM »

She's only two and a half but I just couldn't resist the top fabric... it's my favorite... 

OMG glittergirl, I am blushing that I have to work with that fabric!   Embarrassed   There is a guy in this group, remember?! 

Just kidding!  Actually, I work in the field of brand management and I actually managed the Bali brand of women's undergarments for Sara Lee for a year!  You can imagine the types of meetings I was in ... ... ...   Embarrassed   Embarrassed   Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelbum
Tutorial Contributor

Artisania

I wonder what I'll make today...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008 11:58:02 AM »

OMG glittergirl, I am blushing that I have to work with that fabric!   Embarrassed   There is a guy in this group, remember?! 

Just kidding!  Actually, I work in the field of brand management and I actually managed the Bali brand of women's undergarments for Sara Lee for a year!  You can imagine the types of meetings I was in ... ... ...   Embarrassed   Embarrassed   Embarrassed

LOLOL JQ! I LOVE KUNG FU PANDA! I really didn't think I would at all, animated stuff really isn't my thing, but dang if I don't want to go take some Kungfu classes now LOL!

That bra fabric rocks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2008 12:35:35 PM »

I have to ask , where in the world did kun fu panda come from?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Mad Scientist Costume For Halloween
How to Make a Highway Costume For Halloween
How to Make an Owl Costume For Halloween
How to Make a Baby Shower Hanging Flower Decoration
How to Make a Baby Shower Bottle Themed Place Card
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...