A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,392
Currently Running With Scissors:
849 Guests and 46 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilt Swap III: Fall Edition (USA and Canada) GALLERY  (Read 35283 times)
Tags for this thread: lap_quilt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008 07:56:01 PM »

I'm leaving for a camping trip tomorrow after work, and I really wanted to finish Berta's square before I left.

I've named this pattern "Holy Carp," as in, "Holy Carp I'm never doing this block again!"

Finished my square for 1boy1girl1kitty2, and I found a way to use all ten of the fabrics she sent!

It's a modified version of Another Pineapple Block from Quilter's Cache.  The original is for a 7" square, and I needed one a little bigger.

For j_q_adams:

Four & Twenty Blackbirds from Quilter's Cache.  The colors are a lot better in person and I LOVED working with them.

For athenamat:

This is Irish Plaid from Quilter's Cache with a border I added on to make it 12".  The Irish Plaid pattern was for a 10" block.

For carodiynamite:

Pattern is Poinsettia Star from piecebynumber.com.  I had a lot of fun doing this block!

Toothed Star for ajanderson

Golden Wedding Rings for homerof2

The last four blocks were my own patterns, designed with the hope that they would be fast and easy.  I was more or less right!

Whoopdedoo_5

glittergirl

flashleyashley

angelbum
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008 03:42:11 PM by fishie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
LouraPalmr
Seamstress Of Hairspray Beauty Lounge

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008 09:41:23 PM »

So here they are ladies! I use the "Monkey Wrench" from quilters cache, i love that site!  Hope you all like them I hd a great time doing it all.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008 10:29:02 PM by LouraPalmr - Reason: added pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"no shirt, no shoes, no dice"

My Etsy - http://www.DevilDogCouture.etsy.com
ritapizza
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008 08:53:21 AM »

This pattern is "Stormy Skies" from Quilt It magazine Smiley

Here's Audrey's and SewHelpMe's~

These are pieced by hand Smiley

Here's j_q_adams' and athenamat's~

And FlashleyAshley's and one for me~

Here's a bonus block for j_q_adams~ 8.6.08 This one is for glittergirl~

Whirling Star 2 and Ships and Flags from Quilter's Cache

A Stormy Skies and Whirling Star 2 for Jenicat~

Here's klum78's block and a bonus block for SewHelpMe~

Here's a Monkey Wrench block for 1b1g1k2~

Here's a block for MissDisney and ajanderson78~

I added some of MissDisney's red to ajanderson78's to finish the red border Smiley

That's all! I hope you all like your blocks! Thanks everyone for such a fun swap!

* I love all the blocks you all made, thank you!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008 12:55:46 PM by ritapizza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewHelpMe
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008 12:02:18 PM »

07/08/08:  Here's the block for myself.  It's 41 pieces!!!  This is called "Amish Star" from Judy Hopkins' book Around the Block.This is the first time I've made flying geese units the "non-cheater" way--with just a big triangle and two little triangles.  I can't believe I got them to come out right!  This looks a little busy, but I kinda like it!

07/09/08:  I have extra fat quarters from the set I bought.  Here are two other blocks I made out of them.  Now I have to decide which one I like best.
Here's "Cry of the Loon" from Judy Hopkins' book Once More Around the Block

And here's Forget Me Nots from the same book (this one made me have to really think in order to assemble it):

07/15/08:  Here's another block I made for my quilt.  It's an 8-pointed star from the book Stars by Magic:

07/15/08:  Here's my block for Audrey1999.  I'm lovin' stars right now.  This block is called "Chisholm Trail".  I wish I'd been brave enough to use the other print fabric in place of the blue dot, but I thought it would be too busy.  I hope you like it Audrey1999!

07/19/08:  Check this out!  I made a quilt diagram in EQ6.  I'm making a sample block out of my fabrics for every block I make someone else.  Therefore, I'll be making a much bigger quilt.  I'm putting the 12 blocks from the swap in the center of this quilt and then adding 18 around the perimeter.  The extra blocks will be pieced on the backing.  Here are the blocks that have been posted so far along with extras I've made (plus the bonus blocks ritapizza and JQA made me!).  (The border will be a different print than what I've put on for now):

07/21/08:  Here's my block for JQA!  It's my first paper pieced block, and I got it from Carol Doak's Simply Sensational 9-patch Stars book.  I like that you can mix and match the units to make different kinds of star blocks.  The star points I used are unit #1 and the corners are unit #40.

07/21/08:  Just finished my block for 1b1g1k2.  I think this is the most complicated block I've worked on so far.  Those pesky outer triangles really gave me a run for my money.  This is called "Eddystone Light" from Around the Block by Judy Hopkins:

07/23/08:  Yay!  Today was a much better sewing day!  Here's a star block for FlashleyAshley.  This one's called "Millennium" from Once More Around the Block.

07/24/08:  Here's a simple block I made for GlitterGirl94.  It's called "Indian Star" from Around the Block:

07/26/08:  Here's ritapizza's block!  It's simply called "Four Patch" from the McCall's Quilting website.

07/28/08:  Check out this bad boy!  This is my most ambitious block to date!  81 pieces (or 85 or 87--I get a different number every time I count!)!  This is called "Arrow Crown" from Around the Block.  Hope you like it, Jenicat!

07/29/08:  Here's a bonus block for ritapizza.  It's called "Janet's Star" from Once More Around the Block:

08/03/08:  Here's one for klum78 called "Cut the Corners" from Around the Block:

08/10/08:  Another Millennium block.  This time for ajanderson78:

08/13/08:  Another Cut the Corners block.  This time for Miss Disney:

08/14/08:  I had so much fun making blocks for the front of the quilt that I've decided to make a quilt diagram for the back as well.  I'm debating on whether to do all 12" blocks or if I should do a row of 6", a row of 12", a row of 6"?  Or what...Huh  Just not sure.  I have all 12" blocks drawn out for now, and this is what it looks like:

08/19/08:  I'm sad...  this is my last block for this swap (I KNEW I should have been in two groups!).  Finally... here's athenamat's block:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008 01:00:11 PM by SewHelpMe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
whoopdedoo_5
I can resist anything...except temptation :P

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008 04:21:27 PM »

This is audrey1999's block...i received it today and couldn't wait to get started! yay! I really liked all your fabric! I hope you like it! I didn't use all your colors because I thought with this star it might get lost in the busyness of it all! Tongue

NEW BLOCKS as of 7/19 Smiley

This is southern flower's fabrics I received today and I totally love them! Here is her block.

Here is another block! I finished these two today! The first two are for 1boygirl1kitty2 the materials were diff to work with but def fun! Smiley and the second is for Glittergirl (the pictures is actually sideways but the bra stuff is actually going to be upright Smiley)

This block is for LouraPalmr I attempted a scrappy wonky log cabin  with all her great fabrics!

This is a block I did with kaishabackwards fabrics Smiley

This block is for Fishie (love the snails)

started sewing some more blocks again this weekend!! so far I got done critterpants and I love that fabric! I want to keep it! haha! and the second one is missdisney I did hers just because I really am missing Christmas and I wanted to play Christmas music while I made it! ha!

here are two more that I got done! The first one is athenamat and the second one is angelbum Smiley

These two blocks I finished today the first one is ashleyflashley and the second one  is for carodiynamite...Smiley enjoy!

Finished This one for ajanderson:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008 12:41:45 PM by whoopdedoo_5 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

southern flower
Better the Devil that you know...

I'm not arrogant, I'm just right

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008 08:27:39 PM »

So here is my first finished block for Whoopdedoo_5  7/26/08:
I like it!  HOPE YOU DO TOO!

Sorry the lighting sucks - I was overly excited to post.

Yea! another square complete - for Audrey 1999
I love all the patterns she chose.
Everyone's fabrics are so fun to work with, and I'm constantly amazed by everyone's work.

Here's one for Homerof2 
Very fun fabrics

A block for Kaishabackwards!
Her froggy quilt is going to be awesome!

My block for Mommythemaid - the fabric is so darn cute!
I didn't press it before I took the picture so it looks a little wonky

Here is my block for Klum78:

I like it so much better now that I'm not working on it!  It was one of those that all of a suudden just didn't look right to me, but then again this block is part of the mile high club (in that i made it while on a jet from Ohio to Wisconsin, with a stop in Indiana) so it's a US traveler  Smiley

A block for Ajanderson - I really like this one and it went together so easily!  Lovely fabric choices!

(8/27)  Here's a block for 1boy1girl1kitty2:

(9/3)  For critterpants:

Two more to go   Sad

My block for Miss Disney:
Arggggg X-mas is on it's way!

Oh sad it's my last block!  For Laurapalmr:

This has been the best swap!  I soooo enjoyed working with all your lovely fabrics and seeing everyones work. 
All my quilt blocks were from The Quilters Block Bible by Celia Eddy.  Except for Laura palmr's which was fairly obviously of my own creation - I'm not much of a scrappy quilter, I'm OCD I need pattern!
Thanks again all!

oh and finally my own block for myself!

I can't WAIT to see the rest of my blocks!!!

Here are my blocks together...aren't they lovely so far?

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008 04:48:53 PM by southern flower » THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelbum
Tutorial Contributor

Artisania

I wonder what I'll make today...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008 11:03:03 PM »

ok finally a completed square for 1boy1girl1kitty2:

I didn't have nearly enough of the background fabric, but I found a really good color match in my stash so I used that. I found a boot pattern online but I didn't want to pay for it, so I copied and flipped it. Then it still needed something to oomph it up, so I added the mini harlequin border. Yeesh that was a doozy!

And now the block for Homerof2, whose fabrics were so much fun!

I actually ran out of the measuring tape fabric, but I had some in my stash from a different company which was so close I really don't think it's noticeable.

For Fishie: With appliqued and embroidered snails. Lots of color choice modifications to make the most of the pieces I received. Holy, there is not one piece of usable scrap left! I was sweating bullets at the end, but I think it turned out all right.

For Ajanderson: The pattern came from here: http://www.liesbosquilts.nl/patronen/pat99kosm01N.html

One wonky house and tree for Flashley Ashley:

Here's a cluster of hearts for gilttergirl:

I ran out of the blue border unfortunately. If you like, you can send me some more and I'll replace it. The hearts can be found here: http://www.lenzula.com/pattern/free/hearts.php

Here is Athenamat's block. It's the inner half of the snowflake I originally intended. Even though I'd shrunk the pattern by 50% it still would have ended up too big. I'm still thinking that I might add more...hrm..I'll see how my time goes this week.

Here's a radiant star for JQ. Oh man I love this one! I didn't have a pattern, so I reconstructed it from a photo of one. Phew! I'm shocked it turned out this well to be honest, LOL!

One for Carodynamite. This one has 140 pieces. I quite like how it turned out, it's 4 shrunken to fit Storm at Sea Blocks: http://www.quilterscache.com/S/StormAtSeaBlock_Page3.html

One for Whoopdeedoo5:

And last but certainly not least, Berta's block:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008 12:18:24 PM by angelbum » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CaroDIYnamite

You will? Oh, okay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008 06:28:03 AM »

Ah since Cindy was nice enough to teach me where to post I will repost photos here Smiley What I have done so far for Angela, Cindy and Melinda:

Also, I really do LOVE love all the blocks that have been done for me so far! Smiley

UPDATE: COMPLETED BLOCKS

*I'm not at home so I unfortunately can't look up whose names are associated with this fabric. I will try and update lata with names:

fishie

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008 02:07:55 PM by CaroDIYnamite » THIS ROCKS   Logged

critterpants
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008 11:36:23 AM »

For Lourapalmr (Frolic Variation block from the McCall's Quilting website)

For 1boy1girl1kitty2 (the same Frolic Variation block although the similar fabrics make it a little more challenging to see the pattern.  It is interesting though.)

The rest of my blocks are done with a pattern I saw somewhere, but can't remember where.  I ended up re-writing it from memory to do these.  If you know where it is from, please chime in.

Klum78

Whoopdedoo_5

1b1g1k2

Kaishabackwards

ajanderson

Audrey1999

Southern Flower (I cannot get over how much I love your fabrics!)

Homerof2

MissDisney
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008 10:40:44 AM by critterpants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

glittergirl94
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008 12:02:31 PM »

My Quilt Tops!

For my Daughter.

For my Son.

I was going to add sashing and such between the blocks, but they're plenty big enough without it.  Thank you to ALL of you that helped make my children's Christmas presents so wonderful!!!

Blocks I used (and links to the instructions if available)...

Group 1

Signature Star - my block

Card Trick - Homerof2

Scrap Zig Zag - 1boy1girl1kitty2(hibiscus)

Morning Star 2 - FlashleyAshley

No Name Block #2 - whoopdedoo_5

-athenamat

Bachelor's Puzzle - bertaberta

Friendship Scrap Block - fishie

Next Door Neighbor - j_q_adams

Sorta Wonky Log Cabin - ajanderson78

Log Cabin(my first cabin!) - carodiynamite

Houndstooth - angelbum

Group 2

Star Weaving - my block

Broken Dishes - Audrey1999

Patience Corners - SewHelpMe

Nine Patch - 1boy1girl1kitty2(western)

Squares Upon Squares - jenicat

Ribbon Quilt Block - athenamat

Bird of Paradise - ritapizza

Scrap Zig Zag- ajanderson78

http://Divided Star - Miss Disney

Balkan Puzzle - j_q_adams

Album - flashleyashley

Starry Web - Klum78

That's all 24 of my blocks!  Thanks everyone for letting me play with your fabrics!!!  It was a lot of fun!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008 02:03:57 PM by glittergirl94 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Seafood Wrap 1-2-3
How to make Scallops 1-2-3
How to make Roast Pork 1-2-3
How to make Cod With Oranges 1-2-3
How to Make Sautéed Peaches with Chardonnay Vanilla Syrup
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...