A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: No Paper Allowed ATCs Gallery!  (Read 9280 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2008 11:13:57 PM »

hi everyone I recieved from sewhelpme!
A fabulous geisha inspired fabric atc. its wonderful, thankyou so much!
she also made a cute card and some little plastic sleeves for atc's s well. thankyou!

The cards I sent involved a faux leadlighting look style and a crayon tinted fabric style for everyone. hope you all like them, i am fairly new at atc's so i am not sure i am up to everyone else's high atc standards, but I hope you like them anyhow.
I made them to fit everyones likes as best as i could.
hugs cyndiq
THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2008 01:49:11 AM »

all of the cards are blowing me away! did we decide on another round yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2008 02:17:51 AM »

thanks Ma Rut!

SewHelpMe, i'm so jealous of your ability to work with acrylic. i took an acrylics class in jr high, and despite my horrific teacher, i loved it! and then i moved half way across the country and my choices were wood or metal, which weren't quite as exciting!

panthermoon, negatives for b&w photos are black. they're kind of rare now, not a whole lot of places sell and develop b&w film, and unfortunately b&w pictures taken with colour film (with a b&w camera setting) just don't look the same. i took photography in school, so i developed a lot of my own b&w film! this particular negative is part of a huge roll i bought at a store that sold collage supplies.

taloola, i'm so loving your embroidered cards! they look like crewel, i totally think you should start doing that, you'd be fab at it.

ma rut, i love all your embroidered cards too! i think mine's my favourite though.... Wink

cyndiq, the first card is on fabric, like you said, right? what did you use for the metal look? it's very cool! i like the little frame!

SewHelpMe, i'm glad you like your card! and i'm glad you had a much trouble as i did trying to get a good shot of the yarn colour! i fought with it for much too long before i gave up. Tongue if anyone else is interested, i found the metal tape at the dollar store today, for MUCH cheaper than i paid at the hardware store! Roll Eyes check your dollar stores!

neverseenblue, that card is lovely. it's very pretty, and feels very serene to me. i love the cording wrapped around, it totally finishes it off.

Ma Rut, i had a hard time not popping them myself!

SewHelpMe, the geisha card is lovely! is the image from fabric, or was it a transfer of some sort?

i'm definitely up for another round once we finish this one! i should have a free feedback slot by the time the rest of the cards are received, and i'm so excited! i'm so glad everyone's been having fun with the idea!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
SewHelpMe
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2008 08:11:32 AM »

SewHelpMe, the geisha card is lovely! is the image from fabric, or was it a transfer of some sort?
She was a clipart I found online and printed on fabric from my laserjet printer.

cyndiq:  I'm soooooo glad she got there.  I was getting worried about her.  And, I'm tickled pink that you like her.  I'm not too confident in my ATC-making abilities either, and I was worried about every single one that I sent out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2008 03:57:50 PM »

The framed atc's are like a boxed style, i used foil with the inner card and dry embossed it with my cuttlebug embossing folder, it really got the pattern nicely though i dont think it shows there.. so lots of 3d items in all the ones i made, ranging from buttons and the little heart charm is made with the sizzix out of a tin can with foam on the back, they are fun to make, than there was the rhinestone. the frame is made from florist plastic tape. it was a little chunky so hope that was ok.
I used some polymer clay and other stuff in the other ones i sent out.
the fabric ones used the crayon tinting and permanent markers.
i definitely loved the fabric one.
cyndi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spookshowbaby77
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2008 04:39:56 PM »

I received ATCs from both my partners this week! Here are the pics:

"Who Indeed" owl ATC by teapotdnky
She totally nailed my taste - and used my favorite colors. I love the tree branch stand...a very clever way to display the card.

"Love of Cake and Ice Cream" fabric ATC and "Create" box ATC by cyndiq
These are both really lovely - the fabric card is super cute and the box card has all sorts of interesting bits in it!

Thank you both so much! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
panthermoon
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2008 12:25:23 AM »

panthermoon, negatives for b&w photos are black. they're kind of rare now, not a whole lot of places sell and develop b&w film, and unfortunately b&w pictures taken with colour film (with a b&w camera setting) just don't look the same. i took photography in school, so i developed a lot of my own b&w film! this particular negative is part of a huge roll i bought at a store that sold collage supplies.

I never find stuff like that in the stores around here, it's been so long since I've seen  B&W negatives that I'd forgotten they were that color...

Very cute owl  Smiley
I love the ice cream card, it looks so cool and summery, kind of old-fashioned too... I like how that create box was done...
the geisha card is beautiful...

everyone did such great cards  Cheesy

Crafty_dame...I'm ready to sign up whenever your ready to start... I have lots of ideas now for non-paper ATCs now
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008 12:26:47 AM by panthermoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Patti M

Formerly known as pjmclnj!

« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2008 10:09:00 AM »

This has truly been one of the cleverest, and educational, galleries I have seen in a while! Amazing work everyone.!I hope my back gets better quick enough for me to join in the next round!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Favorites-http://www.etsy.com/people/pjmclnj/favorites?ref=si_fav
My wists: http://www.wists.com/pjmclnj
taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2008 10:57:55 AM »

crafty_dame, i was inspired by that crewel book i got to try it....and they are embroidered with the tapestry yarn i got at SCRAP! you are right on track! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kantha_stich
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2008 01:17:21 PM »

My beautiful atcs from cyndiq!

Prepare to be amazed!

Thank you so much cyndiq!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "I drank what?".

Wist this way!.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold and Sew a Trousers
How to Sew a Torn Seam
How to Put a Thread on a Sewing Machine
How to Create Ruffles
How to Mend a Patch
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...