A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: No Paper Allowed ATCs Gallery!  (Read 9441 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008 01:46:56 PM »

Wow, I need to learn about these gel pens.  I have a couple of pens that I thought were called gel pens but I know they can't do that on tin.  Must look into this, because now I want to make a card that is as cool as teamwang's!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
SewHelpMe
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008 02:14:38 PM »

I need some of those gel pens, too (and some tin!)!  Cool ATCs, teamwang! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008 08:26:07 PM »

I received from SewHelpMe today!! Not one but two amazingly beautiful cards Grin

They're both themed as a Leaves collection and are cleverly strung together with a ballchain adorned with a pretty coordinating ribbon. The fabric is a batik-style printed pattern sewn together with a cardboard piece inside for strength. They both have two lovely felt leaf pieces that I just love! The one on the left has a brown, pink and gold fabric behind the leaf and frosted beads sewn on top of it. The one on the right has a square-shaped piece of felt backing the leaves. I really love the combination of the frayed edges with the crisp cuts of the felt Smiley

She also sent some extras including neat ATC protective sleeves, awesome!

Thanks so much SewHelpMe Kiss Kiss Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008 05:42:25 AM »

oooh those are gorgeous ma rut!!

thanks for the kind words everyone Smiley gel pens rock my world! they are made by a japanese company called Sakura, and the ones i have are Glaze and Souffle. they will write on smooth surfaces and leave a raised look almost like embossing.
example:  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SALE-10-SAKURA-GELLY-ROLL-GLAZE-craft-pens-EMBOSS-NEW_W0QQitemZ330250006527QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330250006527&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goatgoddess
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008 05:56:14 AM »

another pretty felted card and the tin is so cool

love the fabric cards! those are so nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ma Rut

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008 06:35:01 AM »

thanks for the kind words everyone Smiley gel pens rock my world! they are made by a japanese company called Sakura, and the ones i have are Glaze and Souffle. they will write on smooth surfaces and leave a raised look almost like embossing.
example:  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SALE-10-SAKURA-GELLY-ROLL-GLAZE-craft-pens-EMBOSS-NEW_W0QQitemZ330250006527QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330250006527&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

I'm a BIG fan of Sakura's Micron pens, so I bet these are great too Smiley Thanks for the link!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewHelpMe
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008 09:10:09 AM »

Wow, Ma Rut!  Thanks for the  lovely description!  I'm glad you like your cards. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
panthermoon
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008 11:30:57 AM »

I love the eye and the background colors on that tin card and the felted flowers are pretty Smiley

the leaf cards are beautiful too, I like the beading and the different shades of green... Smiley

I love glaze pens! I used them on some of my cards for this swap... I just bought the souffle pens last month, so I haven't used them much yet, Sakura makes some of the best gel pens in my opinion, they don't seem to stop working like some of the other brands do
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Ma Rut

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008 04:29:11 PM »

I received from panthermoon today!! She sent an ATC and two inchies! I was in the Inchies Swap a while back and I just love 'em Smiley

Everything came inside a pretty vintage card (on the left) Smiley Her ATC is made of cork which is awesome and unique! I didn't know that cork came so thin, it's really awesome. On top of the cork, she stamped a hula girl and colored in the clothing with green ink and painted on the headband and lei. She also used these two colors in the border and on three small wooden buttons adorning the bottom. On the two inchies, she also used cork and the same paint colors. One is a cute tribal man and the other is a fabric flower with a grommet through the center, backed with yellow paper, and has light blue dots.

Here's a closeup of the ATC by itself.

Thanks so much panthermoon Kiss Kiss Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panthermoon
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2008 06:05:10 PM »

Ma Rut I'm glad you like them.  Smiley  I had two sheets of that cork, I'm not sure where I got them, somewhere that had it as part of scrapbooking supplies I'm sure. I've had them for a long time. they actually have an adhesive back to them.

I had odd sized pieces left after I cut the ATC so that's why the inchies...
I tried to make the inchies sort of fit the theme of the card. That little tribal man is about as good as my drawing gets. Smiley  I was going for them to be all non-paper as well, but after I mailed them I realized that the flower is some type of paper. Also, souffle pens don't work well on cork, at least for the puffiness factor. I used them for the dots on the inchies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Do a Glam Foundation Routine
Best Perfumes To Wear for Fall
Contouring Tips with Michelle Phan
Drugstore Makeup Haul
The Best Way to Remove Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...