A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilt Swap III: Fall Edition (USA and Canada)  (Read 27417 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #220 on: July 10, 2008 11:48:54 AM »

Quote from: athenamat
ps. someone asked before what you call scrappy.  i call scrappy using lots of different randomish prints together.

My definition of scrappy is a little different - I think of scrappy squares as ones that don't really have a pattern to them, like a traditional square, but are rather just bits sewn together to make the required size.

Ah, I just call that random block design or modern block design depending on how it's done (or maybe even crazy quilting?).  But I have no idea what scrappy actually means Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
j_q_adams
« Reply #221 on: July 10, 2008 12:03:36 PM »

OK, I pulled together images of the fabrics I'll be sending.  Whoopdedoo, I'm also using Midwest Modern fabrics!  I guess we'll get to play with each others' selections.  These will be supplemented with some solids.

This was my first attempt at uploading a picture in Craftster, so I hope I did it right!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008 12:04:09 PM by j_q_adams » THIS ROCKS   Logged
athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #222 on: July 10, 2008 12:06:30 PM »

Perfect upload.  And oh man alive I'm so happy! I love these fabrics and I can't wait to work with them!! I have purchased a few but never went all the way ;P

Here's a quilt my friend made using exclusively midwestern moderns, some of the same color pallete too: http://flickr.com/photos/linsayd/2467282651/in/set-72157603750509196/  (there are other photos in her flick that show it better)

EDIT
This is a better shot Tongue http://flickr.com/photos/linsayd/2467269393/in/set-72157603750509196/
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008 12:12:39 PM by athenamat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
j_q_adams
« Reply #223 on: July 10, 2008 12:08:09 PM »

SewHelpMe, I am excited to have the opportunity to work with your City Girl fabrics.  I've often admired that line at the store and have considered getting some for a gift quilt.  I think it's going to look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
j_q_adams
« Reply #224 on: July 10, 2008 12:10:24 PM »

Here's a quilt my friend made using exclusively midwestern moderns, some of the same color pallete too: http://flickr.com/photos/linsayd/2467282651/in/set-72157603750509196/  (there are other photos in her flick that show it better)

Wow, that quilt looks NICE.  Makes me even more happy with my selections!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #225 on: July 10, 2008 12:39:18 PM »

pm me, and ill get my fabric together

apparently i am out ATM (which is weird, cos i always have lots of frog fabric in all colors)

i am going to Joanns on Saturday, i will see if they have any more

No worries, I am making a trip to JoAnns as well and I will look for more froggies.  If there isn't any I will just have to pick up a bunch of fabrics for a new quilt  he he.  I love fabric Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2008 01:21:19 PM »

After looking in my stash I found a grouping of bright pink, green, and brown prints that I bought a long time ago.  As I was going through them and matching them up with some polka dots I have, Athena came up next to me and asked me if I could make her a blankie with the fabric.  (she's 3)  It was so cute and there is more than plenty for a lap quilt so I have my fabrics Cheesy  I am still going to go fabric shopping though.  I had to deplete some of my stash right?  LOL  I will post a pic of the fabrics tonight.  I am going to wash them though as I am not 100% that they are all washed and they have been in my closet for about 2+ years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelbum
Tutorial Contributor

Artisania

I wonder what I'll make today...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2008 01:21:39 PM »

Love love love the fabric combos so far!! I'm really looking forward to playing with them.

Just wondering though... is everyone in group 1 looking for traditional-type blocks or can I do something a little more out there? How do you all feel about machine/hand embroidery?

I've been itching to try some mexican talavera-style and Hawaiian applique, and have some other fun ideas swirling around in my noggin.

Edit: and is anyone up for some shabby chic?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008 04:11:49 PM by angelbum » THIS ROCKS   Logged

athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2008 01:30:48 PM »

That is soooo cute about your daughter MommytheMaid!  I'm excited.  I tried to do some stash busting for my packets too.

angelbum:  I'll send you my scrappy quilt packet (the baby animal print and bright colors) and anything goes with those!  I love Hawaiian applique (My bf is from Hawaii and I lived there two summers and I love all things Hawaiian, but it's just so gorgeous)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BertaBerta
Jewelry, Fiber, and Yarns

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2008 01:35:01 PM »

angelbum:  I'm up for anything that you think will work with my fabrics.  I think the coolest part of these swaps is seeing each quilter's style reflected in their work.  As long as its sturdy enough to stand up to washing and 12.5"x12.5", it's all good for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bold, One of a Kind Jewelry, Fiber, and Yarns: bertaberta.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy DIY Decorations For Your 4th of July Celebration
Pretty Savvy: Luxe Headband
How to Make Sharpie Tie-Dye T-Shirts
Artist Derek Gores Creates Incredible Collage From Hate Speech
How to Make Holiday Star Shaped Garlands
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...