A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,498
Currently Running With Scissors:
388 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas in July STASH BUSTER Gallery  (Read 11080 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaymadben
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2008 12:03:40 AM »

JennyBear, you have GOT to post a pic of just the robot. THAT IS SO DARN CUTE CRAFTYDEB! I would say I'm jealous but my package totally rocked! So I'm just gonna wist it for now (in case craftydeb sees it on my wish list in the OWS children's edition and picks me!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2008 04:45:15 AM »

The robot pattern will  be up on www.craftydeb.com hopefully within a week - I don't see me getting time to make someone else another stuffie in the next month - I have 3 huge design projects that I need to get done for work... One (another  stuffie similar to one that I designed last year) is done except for the eyes... that was my project last week.  The next (matching blanket to said secretive stuffie - I try to keep all my work projects under wraps since they do go to print - the last two I believe are going to Mary Maxim) then after those two are done I am going to take a rest and work on a few more for my site and then back to the work projects for a big xmas one....)

I am really happy with the robot - I have 3 that are going up on the site.  I did design it for jennybear.  I should have made it in to a bearbot but really wanted to stay traditional.  I looooove his hands!  I should let her name him - since the pdf is still not done yet... that is hubby's job and he has been neglectful - made me think that the site was all delayed because of me and not typing in the patterns and then editing them... come to find out he still has work left to do on the actual site...

Men.

s_s - I have a reputation to withhold.  I try to spoil partners when I can. 
For the record - I had 2 wall quilts I wanted to make for her... I couldn't decide which way to go (modular robot or cool inspired by one of her fav artists geometric)  I was also going to machine embroider her a tshirt and had the design all ready on my thumb drive and then figured out that I probably already went overboard and had to reel myself back in...
I could have done the swap for her twice over and then some..

the kitchen towel was last minute - inspired by a cross stitch in her wists.  I realized that it would cost me the same amount of money to ship an extra 4 oz so I looked for something just the right weight and saw the dishcloth pile I have (yes.  My stash is truly shameful) and there was one lonely green one in the pile that weighed 3 oz.... how could I resist?Huh!!

Truly fun swap.
For the fall I could probably double the points that jennybear wanted to do.  I think of too many ideas and have a hard time deciding what to make!  I'd like to make it all but know better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
serendipity_sarah
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2008 09:53:28 AM »

Looks like there's a fair amount of interest in a second round of this swap.  Who's up for organizing the fall edition of the Stash Buster swap?  I'm currently organizing another swap, trying to get this one wrapped up and am committed to organizing another round of the button swap in a few weeks.  After that I'm going to limit myself to just participating in a few swaps so that I can get my family's Christmas gift crafting done. Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2008 08:22:14 AM »

Here are some pics of what was in Scotskipper402's second packet  from me Smiley

a crochet scarflette loosely based on a Lionbrand pattern  (hahah and modeled by my 14 yr old son)

a keyfob and a close up of the knitted scarf (I don't have a pic of the full scarf)

a crocheted and then fulled bowl ( I wanted to keep this!)

and a sparkly bracelet  Grin I loved the swarkowski (sp??) crystal with the red glass beads, it LOOKS Xmassy  Grin

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 02:00:13 PM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2008 08:46:57 AM »

a crochet scarflette loosely based on a Lionbrand pattern  (hahah and modeled by my 14 yr old son)

a keyfob and a close up of the knitted scarf (I don't have a pic of the full scarf)

a crocheted and then fulled bowl ( I wanted to keep this!)

and a sparkly bracelet  Grin I loved the swarkowski (sp??) crystal with the red glass beads, it LOOKS Xmassy  Grin

All even prettier in person!
The scarflette is very chic. I've never seen yarn like that in the US!
The knitted scarf is at least 60" long, and the perfect weight for fall in Virginia. One of my favorite neutrals, too.
I can totally see why you wanted to keep the fulled bowl. So heather-y!
And the red bracelet is SPLENDID!
Thanks so much. Britannia Rules the Swaps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
serendipity_sarah
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2008 08:55:21 AM »

You made such lovely things, Kookaloo_Starr!  I like the knitted scarf, it looks so soft.  The bowl is so cool!  What is the keyfob made of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2008 09:13:52 AM »

I liked the long scarf too although I find adding fringing tedious  Roll Eyes I liked the finished product though  Smiley
The key fob is a big glass bead/pendant, I have a few odd beads rolling around the place, I once thought I would like to make jewellery but my hands get too clumsy too often so I just make odd bits for swaps now  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2008 11:48:38 AM »

Now that Scotskipper has received her swappsies I'll post a blog link to the "one that got a way" or to be more honest the "one I screwed up"  Wink
I think the bag I sent was way nicer anyway  Smiley

http://kookaloo-starr.blogspot.com/2008/06/total-cock-up.html
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 11:50:00 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
50 in '15
eukarya
Freelance Artist and Maker of Crafty Things

Crazy loves me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2008 02:14:40 PM »

Hello all!
I've been in hiding lately on account of the fact that I've been very sick...in fact I'm pregnant for the first time and have had morning sickness/fatigue that is worse than I could ever imagine. 

In any case, I'm popping my head up (from the toilet) to post pics of what the wonderful DRAGONFLYDUCKY has sent me!

I've been needing some Christmas decor for my home and while I have many tree ornaments, I have very little in the way of other decorations.

The whole lot together!

Awesome table runner!  I could also use it as a mantle scarf, but will probably put it on the table so short people like me can see it! Wink

Matching Tree Skirt!  This is perfect.  I've been using the old blue tree skirt from Walmart that's way too small for the trees we like to get.

Cute Little Snow man!  I have lots of tree ornaments but nothing that I can put on tabletops or shelves, so again this is perfect. Smiley

I've sent to her, but I sent very late. Sad  Hopefully she will receive soon and hopefully it all survives the journey. Smiley ...and hopefully you'll like what I've sent! Smiley

Thank you DragonflyDucky!  You're an amazing sewer and quilter!  I love it all. Smiley

Ok, back to my porcelain altar now.... Tongue

Thanks for a great swap (my last one until at least the 2nd trimester!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pumpkinbear
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2008 04:36:27 PM »

My partner is MIA (I hope you're okay!), so I supposed I get to do my own tooting. Of my horn, you know.

My swap partner's family has six, count 'em six, holiday trees, so I made a set of ornaments for each tree.

Here's the youngest kiddo's set. He likes to color, so these are recycled crayons, and I melted an ornament hanger into the back of each one:

The little girl's favorite colors are blue, pink, and purple, so I hand-sewed these out of denim and added pink and purple beads to the front and back of each one:

I forgot to photo the older girl's set, but her favorite color is red, so I made her a set of all different red ornaments--felted wool, faux fur, plaid, etc.

The eldest kiddo likes red with black, so his are sewn from red and black felted wool:

I also made a set for the main tree, which is done in blue, silver, and white, so these are made from blue glitter vinyl:

And finally, I made a set of fangeek ornaments out of black denim, with a T-shirt transfer on each side of each ornament. The littlest kid is into Pokemon:
The next kid is into Junie B. Jones:
The next kid likes Magic, the Gathering:
The next kid likes Green Day:
My partner is into Harry Potter:
And her husband likes Aqua Teen Hunger Force:

And that's what I made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Perfume Pop Quiz: Testing Celebrity Fragrances
How the Rockettes Get Ready for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Get Holiday Ready Skin
Holiday Makeup Tutorial
Holiday Nail Art Inspiration
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...