A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,601
Currently Running With Scissors:
697 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween Party/Baby Shower  (Read 1085 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LittleMissScareAll
Shauna The Dead

View Profile WWW
« on: July 01, 2008 03:38:12 PM »

Has anyone here ever had or been to a Halloween themed baby shower? I was thinking about doing that...my baby's due the first of December(or end of November) though, so do you think around Halloween would be a good time for a shower or not? I'm hoping so because I love Halloween and if I don't have my shower then I probably won't really get to do much on Halloween this year...what is there for a single pregnant woman to do on Halloween?   Huh I sure wouldn't wanna go to another haunted house, especially not while pregnant in case I bumped into something in the dark...I actually got injured at a haunted house last year (a wood chip flew in my eye because the idiot with the chainsaw was ACTUALLY cutting wood & it fell on us--how stupid is that? And my friend's sister's friend got her leg hurt in there...so I wonder how many other people got hurt besides us) so that about turned me against haunted houses, period, unless I know 100% that they're safe, like the Ripley's one in Tennessee.
But anyway, I would like to have one in October because of that, and so it can be Halloween themed and everything, and also hoping that I'll be more likely to get baby gifts that are creepy/skull themed because I love stuff like that. Also would it be weird to include maybe a costume party along with it--like ask people to dress in costume? I think that would be kinda fun too but I don't know how many people would actually dress up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
harlequin1031
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008 03:51:46 PM »

I think that sounds like a lot of fun actually!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frix220

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008 09:39:20 PM »

Sounds like fun!! My only concern would be that it's getting kind of close to your due date. We planned my best friend's shower four weeks before she was due and her daughter was born (big & healthy) 4 & a half weeks early!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com
LittleMissScareAll
Shauna The Dead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008 09:13:25 PM »

Thanks for the replies! And about being due earlier...I've wondered that about myself too actually. Maybe I could have it more so at the first of October or middle of October then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AshtonagoL
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008 11:55:06 AM »

My SIL was due Jan. 6th (had baby Dec. 6th) and I had a Halloween/Fall shower for her on October 27th.  We decorated in orange and black.  The centerpieces were pumpkins.  Some cut like jack-o-lanterns with real pacifiers.  Some we just cut the top off of and put a potted mum in it.  For invites we made our own.  We stamped an orange pumpkin and then in black, stamped the word baby on top of the pumpkin.  It was really cute and everyone liked that it wasn't the typical baby colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

death_by_vodka
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008 12:47:05 PM »

I think it was about 2 years ago when we had a baby shower for a male co-worker who was waaaaaaaay more excited about becoming a daddy then his girlfriend was about becoming a mother!  His girlfriend was due at the end of December and ended up giving birth right at the beginning of January.  About a week or so before Halloween we had a special baby shower just for him with a Halloween theme! 

We tried to keep it a healthy mix of cute and scary.  Of course we did streamers in orange, black, and purple and we had apple cider, cupcakes with spiders on them, and candy corn.  Stuff like that.

Then we tried to come up with the most disgusting baby games.  We did the melted candy bars in the diapers game.  Everyone has to taste the disgusting looking candy and guess what kind it is.  We also played pin the umbilicle (sp?) cord on the baby.  It involved a velcro baby and lots of strings dipped in butterscotch pudding.  It really was quite disgusting.  Hmm... I know that since all of us are big Halloween fanatics, there were lots of crazy disgusting decorations and the woman who organized the whole thing had a DVD of clips from horror movies that we showed silently on a projector on the wall.  It basically your average baby shower only with a few scary accents and of course since it was for a male there were quite a few guys there who didn't really know what to expect at a baby shower!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LoriHatesOkra
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008 10:54:42 AM »

I am having a Halloween themed shower at the end of September. My due date is October 30th and we're hoping he comes a day late on not only Halloween but my Mother's birthday.

We wont be doing a costume party because the shower will be held at my work during working hours but all the decorations and favors and what not will be Halloween themed. Keep in mind about that time the dollar stores are stocked with holiday themed items and you can save a lot of money on decorations, favors and candy type items by shopping there.

My SIL was due Jan. 6th (had baby Dec. 6th)

Jan 6th is my birthday and Dec 6th is my sister birthday  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dragonfiles Photographs
Photographing Dragonflies
How to Photograph Butterflies
Photographing a Brown Hare
Photographing a Wood Mouse
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...