A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 301,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
374 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 36 Discussion  (Read 7861 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaymadben
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008 03:15:49 PM »

YAY! I'm approved. My first time in an Ongoing Wish Swap. I can't wait to find someone to claim. I've been watching the thread all day but no movement Sad I love sewing and crocheting things. So summertimerolls, been able to tackle your sewing machine yet? I don't want to bug you about getting into sewing but maybe if I do bug you you'll jump in and give it a try again. Also I don't know what kind of sewing machine you have but if you have an older one sometimes they can be a pain. I would suggest you save a few bucks and go buy a Brother sewing machine from Walmart for under or around a hundred bucks. I bought mine a few years ago and never had a problem. It's very easy to thread, adjust the tension, clean. I just cleaned it yesterday for the first time this year. Let's just say I had a HUGE wad of lint that overfilled my palm. EWWW! They have some pretty nice stitches too. And I just got a serger for my birthday last week!! I love it. I haven't quite got the tension right but I've still been using it. It's so much easier to sew a rolled hem on a dress than it is to fold over 1/4" iron, fold over again, iron, try to sew a straight line. It's kind of like "Hmm, cook dinner? Or go out to eat?" haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008 03:45:29 PM »

I'm terribly sorry everyone. I have a number of swaps/passwords I renew on the beginning of each month and this is one. I thought that I had renewed itbut obviously not. Now I've killed the swap.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008 04:36:34 PM »

I've been taking it slow too.  I wanted to make sure myotehr swaps were under control first.  I can't wait to make my first claim. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaymadben
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008 05:48:53 PM »

That bug purse Jane Doe has on her wish list is so awesome. I would love to claim her but I'm scared of disappointing her. Maybe I'll work on one tonight and if it looks alright then I'll claim her if no one else has.

I think I like this one the best but if the middle of the body was black.
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=5011586

I don't know that I like the black head.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008 06:04:47 PM »

kaymadben,
Well, these swaps are a lot of fun...they go in spurts.  Sometimes I've checked the list and then an hour later 12 people have claimed and been claimed.  It just depends.  Some people have more specific stuff on their list and it takes a special person to claim, so that will slow it down a little.  And, yes, I've gotten my sewing machine out (it is a Brother from walmart) and made a bag.  I love the idea of the reusable grocery bags so I tried to make one.  It turned out acceptable with no major issues.  I'm going to make a few more before I tackle the dresses you sent patterns for, but I will make one here soon!
Great to see you in this swap...people will love your stuff...I'm going to link to the bag you sent me, I bet you get a lot of request for it!
So, as you just read Kaymadben made a very cute owl bag for a different swap and I was the lucky recipient. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me if you are interested in a personal swap.
kaymadben
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008 07:19:53 PM »

Oh that's cool you have a brother already. What's the model? Mine is XL-2600 so pretty basic. But I love it. I wish I had more decorative stitches like leaves or flowers but I still love it. It's so easy to use. Nobody has asked me to make them an owl bag yet. I am thinking about making a few more though. I saved my pattern. I had never made a purse/tote/bag before. I have tons of patterns but they all seem intricate. So I found a purse on google that I liked, blew it up in photoshop and printed it out on 4 pages, then taped the pages together and cut the bag shape out. Then just cut out some owl body part shapes and sewed them on. Pretty easy first purse. I wish I would have added a pocket inside but I surely wouldn't have known how. I've been making a few new purses lately just to get my skills up. So it'll be good to try some bug purses later tonight or tomorrow. I'm so excited to try one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008 08:06:27 PM »

I finished one swap package and the other one should be done in the next few days.  I really really really wanted to claim today and yesterday, but I know I won't have much free time until next week at least, and I don't want to feel rushed to do a nice package. I feel so guilty I didn't claim Embarrassed Does that make me a bad OWS'er?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tibeydo

Check out that PHD!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008 08:16:44 PM »

I totally understand that... I want to claim so bad, but I have this darn research paper I HAVE to make a dent in.... blah. I'd much rather be sewing, and I haven't even had my sewing machine out at all since the last claim I made (other than fixing hubbie backpack). Why can't I NOT go to school, and just craft all day?

I guess my kiddos do need to eat, huh. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps.. especially kiddo ones!

I'm wisting, but just started Smiley http://wists.com/tibeydo

Check out the OWS 35!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=249161.0
girlosun_9
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008 08:22:23 PM »

I've wanted to claim but am plowing through a huge pile of paperwork and working on two other swap packages.  Since I want to enjoy my summer (get paperwork done) and spend time with my children and create a good swap package, I have been a bit slow in claiming this week Smiley  I have one claim free and am hoarding it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008 09:55:58 PM »

I think it makes you an awesome OWS'er if you make sure that everything is in order for you to send out a great package Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Introducing the Adobe Bridge
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Text Effects
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Create a Dramatic Sky and Crop the Image
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Sharpen the Focus
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use Adjustment Layers
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...