A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,618
Currently Running With Scissors:
711 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: BackPack OR Shoulder Bag - As you like it !!!! [Image Obese]  (Read 1027 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

luxi_here
« on: July 01, 2008 09:46:17 AM »

Yes indeed it can worn as backpack or as shoulder bag, whichever way you prefer. My sister wanted a bag of this sort and gave me the specifications.

Straps which can be worn as backpack and also may be transformed as supportive straps to be worn as shoulder bag. Straps have been strenghtened by using webbing inside the fabric.

The bag has a slit pocket in the front and the lining has a zipper pocket and an open pocket. There is also a mesh water bottle pocket at the sides of the bag.

The bag has a magnetic snap as well as drawstring closure made out of crochet rope.

I really liked this bag and should say is the most professional looking i have ever made. The material was from one of the sarees i did not like wearing, infact had never worn it so decided to use it for bags n dresses my little daughter. The outer body of the bag has been strengthened by using non-fusible sew-in thick canvas, since the saree was paper silk and hence very delicate.

The bag has already been used by my sister for the past 2 days at her office.

Closeup

Worn as shoulderbag

Worn as backpack

Lining view

Snap closure

Strap closeup
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cute Confessions of a Sew Addict
http://adithisammasews.com/
tasket.basket
Darn . . . It was my turn to bring the Bundt cake.

The internet is made of people.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008 10:13:22 AM »

I love straps that can be worn more than one way!  And I love lots of pockets, too!  This bag is wonderful.  Cheesy  The texture and color of the fabric is lovely, and the print is adorable.  And I really like all the details you included, such as the piping and the crocheted drawstring with beads.  It is a lovely bag, and such a nice thing to do for your sister!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's really only one question that can be answered . . . and we already know the answer. . . .  -- Ursula K. LeGuin, The Left Hand of Darkness

my blog
my wists
grendelsmom
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008 11:07:09 AM »

Very pretty!  Your wonderful taste in fabric never fails to delight me, and the design is both clever and totally practical.  Can I be your sister for awhile please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luxi_here
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008 11:26:44 AM »

Thanks for such wonderful comments and i am glad as well surprised that you  had noted down minute details like crochet rope beads and piping at the bottom and so on... which i had not even posted in the description

I love straps that can be worn more than one way!  And I love lots of pockets, too!  This bag is wonderful.  Cheesy  The texture and color of the fabric is lovely, and the print is adorable.  And I really like all the details you included, such as the piping and the crocheted drawstring with beads.  It is a lovely bag, and such a nice thing to do for your sister!

My sister loves the bag as well. Thanks for such magnanimous compliments on my taste of design and fabrics. Regarding you being my sister, you are most welcome unless ofcourse my sister (real) doesn't have any qualms about it  Smiley.

Very pretty!  Your wonderful taste in fabric never fails to delight me, and the design is both clever and totally practical.  Can I be your sister for awhile please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cute Confessions of a Sew Addict
http://adithisammasews.com/
ChrisM318
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008 03:05:05 PM »

Wow!! The fabric is amazing, just beautiful.  I love the bag design, and the strap for the shoulder or as a backpack very clever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Juaniece
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008 08:09:56 PM »

I love this bag!  I really like bags that are convertible like that...I have wanted to make one for quite some time, but just can't understand the logic behind the design!!!  You did a great job!  And gorgeous fabric choice as well!

Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Skull Face Paint
How to Do a Monster Face Paint
How to Do a Butterfly Face Paint
How to Perform Graded Wash in Watercolour Painting
How to Perceive Colour
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...