A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery July 2008  (Read 7177 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2008 06:59:47 AM »

yeah, they are totally from molds.  My non-mold polymer clay technique makes it look like I was born without fingers.

I'm so happy you liked everything, AlwaysInspired!

I got the best poppet ever in return for the scarf and such.  My husband and I have decided that we are having a totally handmade christmas--nothing store bought at all.  So I was thinking about stuff to make my son....and I saw AlwaysInspired's killer poppets, and I had a dream!  She made my kiddo a MONSTER POPPET!!!! Check him out!

Here he is chillin':

Here's a close up of his scary/cute face:

and here he is standing up:

He really is a dream come true...or should I say, NIGHTMARE!!!  My kiddo is going to love him, if I can bear to give him up!!!
Thanks, AlwaysInspired, he's perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2008 07:04:02 AM »

I'm so glad you like him. He was so much fun to make! Thanks for a great swap!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2008 10:04:30 AM »

OMG that poppet is so super cool, in a monster sort of way! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
RepentantAngel
Empress of the World At Large

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2008 12:37:08 PM »

Thanks for the story KarenLouiseM!
I was heartbroken when RepentantAngel pm'd me her request. I am lucky enough to have my childhood friend, a bear named Papa Bear. Just last week my vindictive dog snatched him from the chair in the bedroom and tore his eyeball out!!! I was devastated! I rushed him down stairs to the craft dungeon and repaired the eyeball! I don't know what I'd do if something happened to him and that is why I just HAD to recreate Kimberly to the best of my abilities! It isn't silly having something to remind you of those wonderful childhood times!  Grin To many people leave those memories behind and it makes them to grown up!  Tongue

AlwaysInspired and KarenLouiseM, you guys are so sweet. Thank you for sharing your stories, and for being so understanding!

AlwaysInspired, I have to tell you, I sat here and laughed at the phrase "took him down to the craft dungeon" for at least fifteen minutes. That is AWESOME.

Also, the polymer angel wing earrings look exactly like my signature earrings that I wear almost every day (except for lately. I've been so busy that the pair that I put in on graduation day have just stayed. It's been months, lol.)

Thanks again guys! I can't wait to see pics of the altered shrug, AlwaysInspired!

R.A.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people have midnight snacks.
I have midnight amigurumis. ^_^

www.yarncreations.wordpress.com

"Oh, Ackbar. You dumb, dumb, dumb fish man."
---My boyfriend
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008 12:44:37 PM »

Hubby calls it the craft dungeon since I don't have any windows down there and it is where I spend most of my free time.

My mom is going to help me alter the shrug on Friday so I'll have pics to post in here then  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

3littlechicks
Mom to minions

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2008 03:12:30 PM »

Sapphire Moon swapped me this beautiful hemp jewelry for an apron top. I really love all of them, and they match with my clothes and style perfectly! I hope you love your top as much as I love my jewelry Smiley

all the loviliness, she even sent a little package of strips to make stars from..so cool. Plus some lovely Navajo style beads and some nice earrings Grin

The jingle anklet....I LOVE this! It hasn't left my fat little footie yet!

and just a pic to show how well this piece matches with one of my fav. tops....

Thanks so much! I have all the jewelry I need for this season!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2008 05:09:18 PM »

oooo I love that jingly anklet! I'll be getting a package from TheSapphireMoon soon too for the hippy swap, I hope mine includes some great jewlery like that  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2008 07:21:09 PM »

Well, Always, you are in for a BIG treat then....HINT HINT....  Cool  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2008 07:55:10 PM »

Yeah, I SOOO did NOT even know there was a personal swap gallery...I feel like such a dork  Tongue  Eh, oh well.  I come bearing pics to make up for it Smiley

OK, so I THINK this was my first personal swap...I swapped irid3sc3nt for this cutie octopus, sent her some rockin' beads n such.  Yeah, it was in April...but...like I said, I SOO did not know there was a gallery for this, so I'm sorry that it is out of place  Undecided

Yes, I know he looks HUGE here...but he is only about 4x4 inches Smiley  SO adorable!

And, here is what she made out of some of the beads I sent to her....I saved it to Craftster from her Photobucket.

Then, in May I swapped ptarmic wumpus a handmade door wreath modeled after my flower head wreaths for this yellow soft fish.  He comforted me recently when I was in bed sick  Embarrassed  And, when my partner is out of town or just gone for the night, I tuck him into bed with me...yeah, I'm silly  Roll Eyes

And this is the door wreath I sent to her Smiley  I LOVE how it came out...I had never done a door wreath before!  It has about a 6-8 inch diameter center opening...and I think it is about 12-14 inches in diameter on the outside.

THEN....later in May, I swapped missmoppet for some shark teeth, and she made me a cute ami ladybug and a fortune cookie...which I cannot locate right now, may have fallen behind my office desk  Huh

OK, and now for current stuff for this month....irid3sc3nt and I did ANOTHER swap Smiley  And this time I got this AWESOME rainbow caterpillar!  He is called just 'pillar around here.

And in return, I sent MORE craft supplies, yarn mostly for more fab projects and a mini whimsy jar in a prescription bottle...cuz that's the only 'jar' I could find that would not cost an arm and a leg to ship!  Did not take any photos of it...cuz I didn't know there was a gallery, but now I do so I will on my future swaps!  Hope you all like these as much as I did!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2008 11:10:19 PM »

bsonlytoots posted the oven mitts I made for her here last week and today I finally had a chance to get pics of the AWESOME Godzilla she made me (for a project yet to be revealed)!  He's just what I was looking for in size and that he looks like a monster rather than a dinosaur.  Yey!

Emerging from the jungle, exuding ferocity:

Check out his awesome scales as he returns to the jungle to get his keys that he left on the table by the door:

Head shot for talent scouts and spokes model jobs (leading man good looks):

For scale with a skyscraper (jokingly referred to as "Tokyo"):

THANK YOU BSONLYTOOTS!  I LOOOOOVE HIM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Owl Painting - Watercolor Wildlife Art in Miniature
How to Draw Star Wars-Clone Wars: Count Dooku
Wayne Gonzales at Paula Cooper Gallery
How to paint with your hands
How to Draw an Easy Spider
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...