A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
386 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery July 2008  (Read 7112 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2008 04:37:16 AM »

Smiley  Cheesy  Grin This swap gallery is intended as a way to recognize all the wonderful personal swaps that are done in this community!   Grin  Cheesy  Smiley

Personal swaps are not encouraged or supported by Craftster.  This is only a thread to post pictures from your personal experiences.  Personal swaps are not and cannot be tracked in Swap Feedback on profiles and should not be linked to Craftster's Organized Swaps in any way.

Folks who have participated in a personal swap and wish to share pictures of the items they have sent and received may do so by posting in this gallery.

Please note that this gallery is meant for those who have had a good experience with their personal swaps!  This is not the place to air your grievances about being "flaked" on...please keep it positive and give love to those awesome personal swappers! Wink

Each month a new gallery will be started.  If you have received from a personal/private swap, within the month, feel free to post pictures here!   Grin

Or browse previous galleries...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
KarenLouiseM

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008 10:36:29 PM »

Warning - lots o' photos.  (Sorry they are so big, photobucket is where I have all my purses and they won't let me resize for some reason.)

I got to do the BEST swap with Tero.  She sent me all this fabulous stuff from German thrift store shopping:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=243569.msg2738279#msg2738279

I LOVED everything and have already used some of the little objects in crafts and used lots of the beautiful linens (one's on my kitchen table right now).

She's been swamped - finding a new house, painting, unpacking, etc., etc., etc. - and asked me to post pics.

She sent this album and asked me to "sexy" it up as a play on the 80s big hair, crazy sexy look - specifically requesting Bob Ross, Doug Henning and "Sexy is as Sexy Does".  I couldn't resist adding the lyrics to "I'm Too Sexy" on one side a pic of Right Said Fred on the bottom (in spite of their 90s-ness).

The Monchichi is from a game that she sent.

This is an album I had that I thought was appropriate, since her hubby was in the military in Germany.

These are notebooks made from another part of the Germany LP and a John Denver album (she said she was a fan).  I was really touched that she said she was going to use it to keep track of all her "household" type stuff.  I'm still on the short side of the "Bind-it-All" learning curve, but they were fun to do anyway.

I also sent some fabric (wrapped things in it or stuffed them with it).

And some whimsy jars and assorted misc that I thought she might enjoy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008 10:31:56 AM »

WOW! Those are some awesome whimsy jars!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008 04:42:27 PM »

yeah, i gotta start making some of those whimsy jars.   i have too much small junk.
of course it's so small it's hard to find...

and those are some nice notebooks, too!  i need to learn to do that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008 12:23:23 PM »

Those are great jars of whimsy!

I've been very spoilt this month, I've received two awesome packages in the mail Grin

From crafty_dame... a paper mountain of wonder and promise! I can't wait to get crafting with these things! Thank you crafty_dame, I am in awe of your purchasing ability and your great taste in paper! Wink  Kiss

From Mimiw a fabulous drawstring bag to keep my pj's neat and out of sight! Cheesy In the perfect colours for my bedroom and sewn so perfectly! Thank you so much mimiw! Kiss

See the cute turtle? I am honoured to have such a special little guy guarding my pj's!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008 12:53:53 PM »

I did a personal swap with Digital Misfit. I sent her an outfit for an upcoming poppet she's making and some extra fabric and such for her poppet making adventures and she sent me some great stuff in return.
I got a set of 3 goddess dolls. Maiden, Mother, and Crone. They will look great on my alter!

I also got a beautiful goddess pendent which I am going to get on a cord right away.

She was also kind enough to send some fabric for a fall poppet I'm making, a set of wings for said poppet, and a cute little poppet sized belt buckle.

Thanks so much Digital Misfit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008 07:12:13 PM »

wow, I'm dying to know about those butterfly wings - were those made for you special, or is it something comercially made that I can find somewhere?   Smiley thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008 06:20:07 AM »

Digital Misfit picked them up at a store. She lives in Canada so I have no idea where she got them or if they are available here, sorry. You could pm her and she would let you know for sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008 08:52:00 AM »

it looks like a butterfly made out of wire and nylon (like stockings).  just a little altering and it would be a great set of wings without the butterfly body.  I bet you could get something similar in home-decoration/ discount/ craft-stores in USA (or other countries)...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008 09:05:49 AM »

It is a butterfly. I'm just going to pull off the body part and attach the wings to a poppet. Digital Misfit sent them to me to use for that purpose. She used a pair on a poppet she made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Luxury Jaw-Dropping Pool Proposals
Floating Jellyfish Skyscraper Design Concept
Amazing Polar Umbrella Skyscraper Design
An Amazing Slide Design Inside a Home
ADGreenroom2013_Timelapse-LowRes.Mp4
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...