A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shape, Color and Texture Swap Round 2 - COMPLETE  (Read 9760 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jeneration pink
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2008 02:46:08 PM »

ah craftweekends are soooooo fun, i am jealous, i wonder if i can talk my husband into one..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myrna Minx
Juvenile Delinquent. 17th Anniversary.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2008 05:12:25 PM »

ah craftweekends are soooooo fun, i am jealous, i wonder if i can talk my husband into one..

What, really? Lucky.
My husband would fake a hernia if I suggested something like that   Tongue

I'm planning on crafting some this weekend too, I'm trying to get my dining room clean so I have some good space!

Crafting is good motivation for me to clean!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008 06:28:31 PM by Myrna Minx » THIS ROCKS   Logged
r0ckwithme
rock with me

rock on!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2008 06:46:06 PM »

yes- i agree- i really only clean when i need space to craft
THIS ROCKS   Logged

give me some sugar baby...
love me some personal swaps!
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2008 11:01:08 PM »

My fiance crafted a lot more with me when we just got together. Our best project was a Ludo game for a friend. We bought a cheap board that we painted to make it less boring. We then bought and/or crafted miniatures instead of the boring pieces. One team was painted Warhammer miniatures, another was polymer clay poop in different shapes, one was storebought pigs... I don't remember the last team. The board needed a better rule sheet with different sets of house rules and funkier looking dies. It was so much fun and I don't even want to know how much that boardgame actually cost in the end. It was a one of a kind piece.

I can still trick him into crafting with me, but it takes a bit more of talking... Last time we sat down and crafted we played with polymer clay. He made the cutest and most evil looking bunny and helped me make feather ticklers for the Adults only swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eriny-Weriny

Always wear sunscreen!! Please.

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2008 09:08:38 AM »

Ooh, I once asked my guy to try crafting with me... Let's just say his heart wasn't in it and we've never tried again.
As for cleaning to craft, he wishes. He made the mistake of allowing me my own craft room, thinking I would keep all my stuff in there. Suffice to say he was wrong. But now if I don't want to think about cleaning I just hide away in my room  Grin

I'm having a few creative problems. I have 5 ideas for one of the items and really can't make up my mind and I'm puzzled about the other two.
One of the 5 ideas I think would definitely be my fave choice for you but the two hour time-limit may be a struggle.  Cool

Well, I've given myself until Sunday to decide and then I'm going to craft til my little fingers can't craft anymore.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Time enjoyed wasting is not time wasted!" B Russell
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2008 03:39:53 PM »

I'd say go for your fave (unless you don't have the time/it would take weeks to complete). The two hour limit is just a guideline and for some crafts you *can't* make a decent item in under two hours (knitting and crochet for example). I can't do it at least...  Wink For me a small is something that took one or two nights to knit, but I know there are speed demons out there who can crank out a pair of socks while watching their favourite TV-show.

I made great progress tonight! Crafting with my sister was really inspiring. She made marble magnets and I made a little bit of everything Smiley I'm not going to have any problemd finishing this before the deadline. There's some drying that will need to take time, but that will probably be the time limiting step.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fugsly
Living Dead Girl

Living Dead Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2008 02:38:46 AM »

I've got one finished and I'm really pleased with it. It's the first time I've tried this particular form of crating but I think it turned out well Smiley It took a bit longer than 2 hours but mostly because I took an age figuring out how to do one part.

I'm half done with the 2nd, just waiting on getting supplies tomorrow and I have a feeling the 3rd might not go to plan so I've got a back up idea just in case Smiley

I love the idea of a crafting weekend. My partner's a great painter and I'd love to see him do more of that. He's like me though, expects perfection first time and can get really discouraged when something doesn't turn out perfectly. I'm starting to learn that it doesn't have to be perfect first time so long as you can figure out how to improve for the next time Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

r0ckwithme
rock with me

rock on!

« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2008 09:07:48 AM »

i was so productive this weekend! I finished two items and will probably do my last one today- i've been using new techniques but everything is turning out pretty good- so yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

give me some sugar baby...
love me some personal swaps!
kittymary
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2008 10:51:37 AM »

I finished my second item today, just one more to go. It will probably have to wait until the weekend though, I've got a lot to do this week. I can't wait until we start getting pictures in the gallery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2008 10:56:16 AM »

One week until the mailout deadline so if you haven't already started, you better be thinking about starting now!

I have 2 items done and hope to finish the 3rd tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a 3-D Paper Snowflake
How to Win a Staring Contest
How to Win a Pie Eating Contest
How to Choose the Right Vase for Your Flower Arrangement
How to Host a Craft Night
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...