A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Breakfast at Tiffany's Swap Gallery  (Read 8515 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PrincessJazz
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2008 07:51:30 PM »

Everything in this gallery looks great!  I received last week and I just took pictures so here they are!

First up,  a sleep mask and tassled ear plugs just like Holly's!  The mask is sooo soft! 

Next, some Audrey charms that Pikabean threw in as extras.  I'm not sure yet what I'm goingt o do with them, but I think they're great!  I'll need to find just the right place to use them.  Maybe a bracelet?

She painted me an umbrella and wrote a little note about how Holly could have really used one in the final scene of the movie.  Now I'll be prepared in case I ever have a big dramatic moment in the rain.

Some of the paint got messed up from it being folded but that's easy enough to fix! (You can see it on the "w".)

And my favourite!  I'd just been thinking that I needed to get a pincushion as all my pins were stuck in the couch and then this arrived.  It's like she read my mind.  Holly's bathrub couch is one of my favourite things in the movie so she used that as inspiration.

Thanks Pikabean - you're a great partner!

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shorty3boys

Life is short, JEEP nekid!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2008 04:48:50 AM »

LOVE IT! Where on earth did you find that little bathtub? It's perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it at them hard enough Smiley

MY Wists.....
http://www.wists.com/dirtyjeepgirl75
Myspace.....
http://www.myspace.com/shorty3boys

My Ravelry ID: shorty3boys
Clarity
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2008 06:16:47 AM »

That is such a sweet umbrella and future talking point?

I am giggling as that is the second audrey bathtub pincushion... esp...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeleyes410
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2008 01:48:45 PM »

Hope my partner is able to post pics sooon as  little one seems to have absconded with my memory card!

Tongue Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pikabean
also known as Natch

cross my heart and kiss my elbows!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2008 04:40:04 PM »

eep, I'm so sorry the paint got messed up in the mail!  I hope there aren't any problems with it in the rain... I mean, it's fabric paint so it should certainly be waterproof but it was my first time painting an umbrella Wink haha

I'm so glad you like the pincushion, it took a while for me to figure out how to make it work.  I tried to put a magnet on the bottom for pin-picking up but the magnets I had weren't strong enough to work with the bathtub feet in the way. haha.  I found the little tub online at a bridal party favor website... the shipping cost was a little absurd but the bathtub itself was so cheap that it balanced out... and it came with a little soap and scrubby thing haha.

anyway, I'm so glad you liked everything... I still have that one other item that I'm sad is so slow in making/is not really coming out how I wanted since I put so much time into it... but alack alas, we shall see if it gets done.

PrincessJazz- if you want to post pictures of what you sent me- go ahead!  If not, I will try to get them up soon.  I was so seriously spoiled with such an amazing package full of extras to boot that it all needs to be shown off.  I promise you'll all be jealous Wink !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PrincessJazz
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2008 07:11:41 PM »

The umbrella works perfectly fine in the rain.  I had the great opportunity to try it out yesterday.

I may post pictures tomorrow when I have more time.  I took shots of everything I made before I sent.

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angeleyes410
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2008 12:01:27 PM »

My partner should have recieved ages ago...:-( I know she's busy (Aren't we all) i just wish I could find my darn memory card with my crafts I sent her on  it! My dd has really done a good job hiding this one!!

Well here is what I sent her...
*the obligatory eye mask with REAL false eyelashes (oxymoron anyone?) and glitter.and the prettiest gold braid!
*Tassled ear plugs
*3 pair of earring (2 crafted from Holly-esque buttons, 1 thrifted!)
*A mirrored picture frame for slyly checking lipstick, etc on the way out the door, said "Return to Tiffany & Co." in silver on it.
* Monogramed Tissues ,an H for Holly of course!
*Some extra Tiffany blue fabric
* a storage box (teal with black bows)
*a lipgloss on a keychain, perfect both for keeping fabulous on the run as well as keeping track of those pesky run away house keys!
* Note cards with pretty black designs transfered on and some silver BAT quotes

( i think that's everything....off to look some more for the memory card!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PrincessJazz
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2008 05:44:10 PM »

Those all sound lovely.  I hope you can find your card and post pictures!  I'd like to see that.

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PrincessJazz
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2008 05:58:59 PM »

Here are photos of what I sent Pikabean:

small:

a necklace based very loosely off a brooch in her wists.  Shrinky dink.

small:

Stitch markers (shown here all tied to a ribbon to prevent tangling.)  Keys because you never know when you'll need an extra, and "diamonds" because even though it may be tacky for a woman under 40 to wear them, knitting can wear whatever jewellery it wants.

medium:

A mirror with a picture of Audrey standing outside a window at Tiffany's, holding her bag of breakfast in her hand.  This was super fun to make.

large:

Technically a scarf shouldn't be considered large - but this was done at a pretty fine guage and because it was double knit (my first time!) it took waaay longer than I anticipated so that bumps it into the large category I think.  Two photos because one shows it closer up and one shows the back side a bit.  The light blue is angora and oh so soft.  This was based on a scarf in her wists and incorporates one of her favourite lines.

I also sent a BAT themed set of stationary I found at Chapters, and a dvd of that movie telling the story of Audrey's life (y'know the one with Jennifer Love Hewitt?) but I didn't take photos of those.

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2008 06:20:39 AM »

WOW! THat scarf rocks! Yes indeedy...that is a large item if it's doubleknit!

Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Set New Catalog
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Setup Preferences
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Create and Place a Catalog
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Customize Preferences
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Export and Share Images
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...