A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 301,621
Currently Running With Scissors:
360 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 63
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 16 **Discussion thread**  (Read 23433 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2008 09:16:17 AM »

Is the hair synthetic?

The stuffed animal eyes would probably look okay, but lighter eyes probably wouldn't...

It looks great as is!

Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2008 09:44:02 AM »

Welcome back pinkanddinky! (I'm so jealous that you got to move to DC Smiley )

That cactus is really cute teamwang!

I'm thinking of cleaning out my closets this weekend, so there might be new supplies and random other things showing up in my shop later.  I might even go near the coat closet - I love to sew coats, but I only ever end up wearing a few of them. Some of them are really nice, and I am reluctant to give them to the thrift store because I'm pretty sure they will just be sent out for rags since they don't have size tags or anything.  I've also got some business-type jackets (that I sewed) and such that I don't wear for various reasons, although they are all sized for me....  Anyway, if anyone is close to my size (32" bust, 31" waist, IBTC, 40" hips) and might be interested, let me know and I'll post some stuff. I have really long arms so the sleeves can usually be adjusted shorter if they don't have cuffs.  Or if you might be interested in reconning things, I usually use nicer fabrics for the business stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2008 09:49:19 AM »

Welcome back pinkanddinky! (I'm so jealous that you got to move to DC Smiley )

That cactus is really cute teamwang!

I'm thinking of cleaning out my closets this weekend, so there might be new supplies and random other things showing up in my shop later.  I might even go near the coat closet - I love to sew coats, but I only ever end up wearing a few of them. Some of them are really nice, and I am reluctant to give them to the thrift store because I'm pretty sure they will just be sent out for rags since they don't have size tags or anything.  I've also got some business-type jackets (that I sewed) and such that I don't wear for various reasons, although they are all sized for me....  Anyway, if anyone is close to my size (32" bust, 31" waist, IBTC, 40" hips) and might be interested, let me know and I'll post some stuff. I have really long arms so the sleeves can usually be adjusted shorter if they don't have cuffs.  Or if you might be interested in reconning things, I usually use nicer fabrics for the business stuff.

I'm close to your size with short little arms! If you can hack off the same amount that you hacked off the hoodie you sent me, I'd LOVE jackets and coats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2008 10:04:09 AM »

I'm close to your size with short little arms! If you can hack off the same amount that you hacked off the hoodie you sent me, I'd LOVE jackets and coats!

Don't you live in the subtropics?  Cheesy  I do have some lighter weight things, I'm pretty sure, as well as heavy woolens. I'm a hair over 5' 6", some of the coats are near floor length on me, although usually that is something that can be fixed.  Some of the garments are from when I was in grad school and ate dry cereal for dinner every night for a year (working in the lab til 11 pm) and was a few inches skinnier in the waist. (then I was scolded by my doctor and ate a lot of ice cream and advanced into my thirties, hahahaha) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2008 10:07:51 AM »

I think I may be cleaning today, too, ptarmic. I started taking pictures of my stash for Ravelry which led to me realizing I really need to get rid of a lot of stuff.  SO, I'll probably have it up later.

.. though I am thinking of running a contest on my blog to guess the amount of yards in my stash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2008 10:13:39 AM »

I just received my custom jacket from ptarmic - it is BEYOND GORGEOUS!!!

My favorite dark green and purple - with spirals... It fits beautifully!

YAY!!!

Selkie Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
lapoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2008 11:07:27 AM »

So far cleaning has yielded the addition of one book to my supply shop -- First Time Quiltmaking.  I also added a teeeny batt, but what it lacks in weight, it makes up for in personality.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2008 11:32:55 AM »

Thanks everyone!!  I was feeling so antsy that I called the office this morning and they sent a person to observe them.  They did see the girl being mean again to Lana and corrected her.  Luckily it seems that Lana has made a new friend today.  I am hopefully that faced with the choice of hanging out with the bully or playing with her new friend she'll choose the latter.  Thank you to everyone for your support and words of encouragement.  Kitsch gave me some very good advice about having Lana vocalize her feelings to the bully.  I'm definitely going to tell Lana that.   And mullerslanefarm I will definitely give Lana some reassurance and love.  You guys can understand how heartbreaking it is to have your treasure being bullied.  Grr.   It's so nice to be able to come here among my friends and get some positive energy and helpful advice.  Thank you!!!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008 11:38:40 AM by atsuko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2008 11:51:32 AM »

It's good, too, that Lana sort of found the answer to the problem herself, you know?

I know it's hard to watch her being bullied, but she's wise enough to make a new friend, she's already better off. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2008 12:02:22 PM »

GROWL SNARL HISS...

I'm working on my entry for the current challenge - yeah I'm procrastinating...
I'm making an altered book from a 1980's encyclopedia. I didn't look at which volume, because I have the whole set. After I got my pages for Anne of Green Gables, Little House on the prairie and Raggedy Ann done - I turned to the section on the Holocaust. I used to spend hours poring through the books and pictures sobbing - my mom kept asking me why I brought them home, but I didn't really have a reason.

So - it turns out I grabbed an H volume - I get to hitler, turn the pages looking for Holocaust and it's not there.
FIVE pages for h..... and not a single word about the 6 million. The injustice breaks my heart.

Sadly - Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Agnes Whistling Elk
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 63 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Simon Sinek on Traveling to Distant and Unfamiliar Places
Susan Orlean on Rin Tin Tin: The Life and the Legend
Terra Elan McVoy on Being Friends With Boys
Jeremy Toombs Performs His Poem "The Alleppey Express"
Finale Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...