A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
824 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 36  (Read 20128 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Therisa

Knitfiend, Mad Sewist

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 30, 2008 05:38:39 AM »

PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE JOINING SWAP

Organizers: Therisa and pinupmommy

*IMPORTANT PM INFO*: When sending PMs, please label them as OWS 36 with one of the following tags:
Approval
Package sent
Package received
Question

So when sending the questionnaire, the subject will read OWS 36 Approval. When notifying us about sending and receiving packages, add the corresponding tag. If you just have a general question, label it as that. This will keep things organized for us!
When sending a sent/received PM, please include the 'Send by' date so my craziness will stay at a minimum.

Qualifications to Join

To join this round you must be cleared in all Ongoing Wish list Swaps through Round 33
(except for international delivery).  You also cannot join this swap if you are currently late in Round 34 or 35.
Do not join this swap if you are late in other swaps.  Please make those swaps your priority.

There will no longer be items allowed that are not craft or supply related, if you have questions please let us know

Swap Info

Swap name:  Ongoing Wish Swap 36
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  Therisa, with co-organizer pinupmommy
Sign-up date range:June 30- July 31
Date to send item by: 14 days after claiming

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? /NO
If so, which country?

Age requirement?

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yep
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yep
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Correct
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: Yes

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes

Organizer meets the 5 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: Yes
All swappers MUST be pre-approved for this swap!

YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE UNLESS YOU PM ME AND I ADD YOU TO THE LIST!

***PLEASE! Do not claim someone while waiting for approval!*** You may claim as soon as you get confirmation from me.

Anyone watching this thread who thinks they might be interested in participating at a later time is VERY welcome to PM me answering the swap questions now...then you can participate whenever you want.  Please have a wish list prepared BEFORE you start swapping, it makes things much easier!

If you want to participate, here is the information to send to the organizer.  Please have the title of your PM be the name of the swap.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 36
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name and mailing address:
Have you read the Swap Guidelines and understand how this swap works?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
( If not then you will not be approved )
Send at least a medium item to the person you have chosen?  ( A medium item represents 2 hours of crafting time or either $20 in supplies.  If you buy the items at a thrift store or get them from stash, they should be things that *would* have cost $20 at a store)

Are you willing to post a photo of the item/s you receive or have the person who sent to you post of the photo for you?
Your List must be created in the following format
Crafts
Craft Supplies
Extras
Do you agree to follow this?
(There will no longer be items allowed that are not craft or supply related, if you have questions please let us know)
Are you a Friend of Craftster?
Have you been a Swap Angel (with proof in profile)?
Are you willing to ship outside of your country?
If you are willing to ship outside your country? (You MUST be willing to ship air postal or an equivalent which will take a maximum of 3 weeks.) Are you willing?

IMPORTANT: Remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6553.0

Please bookmark this thread and/or post here. All updates will be made here and this will help you to keep up with everything.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

How This Swap Works:
Please READ CAREFULLY! This swap works differently than most!

Try to imagine a chain.  The first link is the first person whose wish list is on page 1 (Person A) - that will be the craftster member who was the very last wish list from Ongoing Wish Swap 34.

Now, we want to put another link in the chain.  People will read that list and see if there is something they want to/can make from the list.

Someone (Person B) will claim Person A for some item on their wish list.  They post a reply to the thread that says I claim Person A for [item].  This is my X claim (however many times they have picked someone for example, "this is my fourth wish, with one sent, and three received, (meaning that this is the fourth claim they've made, one is in transit to it's destination, and three of the items have been received by the people they previously claimed).  Also add your location, and any preferences or aversions I live in Wisconsin USA, I am a vegetarian, and I am allergic to wool.

IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REPLY WITH YOUR STATUS WHEN YOU CLAIM SOMEONE!  This means you need to post who you are claiming and for what, how many claims you have made, including how many in transit and how many received, and your location/preferences/aversions.

Then comes the fun part!  After the introduction, Person B is the last link in the chain, and they post their wish list!!!  YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY ITEMS ON YOUR WISH LIST AS YOU WANT, HOWEVER YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF SIX.  THE MORE ITEMS YOU LIST, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF BEING CLAIMED QUICKLY.

(Please have your list ready, this swap moves very quickly!  Please include your country at the start of your wish list). Person B will also PM Person A to get her address so they can mail the item when it is finished.   

Along comes Person C, who claims Person B for something on their list and the chain is built, link by link.  (If Person C wanted to make Person B a purse AND a stuffie, that would still count as ONE WISH.)  Then they post their list, and so on.

When you want to make a claim, you can ONLY pick from the very last wish list in the chain.  You can't pick anyone else in the chain - you can only connect to the very end of the chain, which is that last wish list posted.

After you have made your claim, you need to PM that person for their address.

Friends of Craftster are allowed 3 wishes at one time, others are allowed 2 wishes.  If this is your first swap, you are only allowed one wish until your craft is received for this month.  Do not choose over your given limit.
 If you already have one claim that will be sent out late, please don't claim again until that one is sent out.

Become a Friend of Craftster!  Go here: http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

If you are at your limit of wishes, you can choose again once one of your partners receives, NOT when you send.
***Do not claim someone unless you can fulfill that wish to a high caliber***

Let's keep the quality high here. I don't want to receive PMs with people concerned over the lack of quality of their items.  Please, just work your hardest to keep the bar high on the quality of items here!  Don't choose just for the sake of choosing; choose to make someone else a really AWESOME wish!

Now if the thread gets in a rut for a few days/hours, the person who made the last wish should add to their list if they can think of anything else, until someone decides to craft for them. Please make sure this is not you!

Unsure of where to find wish ideas?  Try the previous ongoing wish swap galleries or any other gallery on craftster.  Look through your fellow crafters wist lists.

Sending/Communicating/Feedback:
YOU HAVE TWO WEEKS TO GET YOUR ITEM OUT THE DOOR.
IF YOU DO NOT SEND A MEDIUM ITEM YOU WILL BE GETTING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
( the medium can be a couple small items etc as long as it adds up to a medium )
( A medium item equals two hours of crafting time or 20$ worth of store bought items )

Please be communicative if you are having any issues. If you communicate you still need to send your item in a timely manner.  Communication does not mean you can send as late as you want.  After one week past the deadline you will have negative feedback.  This is only temporary as it will be changed back once you fulfill your obligation for late item(s).  Do not choose to craft an item if you do not think you can meet these deadlines.

THERE WILL BE FEEDBACK FOR THIS SWAP
I will be giving feedback in the following way:
-  great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
-  good/poor communication:  where applicable
-  sent late/early: where applicable
-  no dc number: failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country
- did not follow item amount rule

Previous Swap Rounds:
If you are confused in any way by how this works, please look at some previous rounds:

Round 35 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=249161.0

There is a gallery for this swap:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254715.0

and you are also invited to participate in the discussion
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254714.0
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008 06:30:05 PM by Therisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I joined the Fabric Fast and pledged to buy no new yardage until July 1, 2008.

2008 Fabric Purchased: 56 yards

Fabric Sewn: 93 yards

Fabric Remaining: An Awful Lot

I am open to personal swaps!

http://www.wists.com/Therisa
Therisa

Knitfiend, Mad Sewist

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008 05:55:00 AM »

Approved Participants

Three Wishes
ThreadorYarn
Girlosun_9
Therisa
AmphipodGirl
animegirlie
Samsara
mimiw
summertimerolls
tibeydo
cuppiecake83
pinupmommy
Frosty772
quilted
KittyVegas
mamaedgar
MandyLikesPie
irasema
PinkyDamone
camOovas
addicted2knitting
mini
6iggle
MommyTheMaid
Jane Doe
Sansa
KayMadben
MissMoppet
kitschkween
farmgirljane
littlebiskit
cclewis05
DesignVigilante
PhoenixFireDesigns
UntouchableFace
DIYho
1boy1girl1kitty2

Two Wishes
jrain
demekah
Sharyn62
violet_thistle
MaxParadise
Lunanne
MeganLorraine
Kelda
jinkies
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008 08:47:40 AM by Therisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Therisa

Knitfiend, Mad Sewist

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008 05:55:34 AM »

Who's sending to whom

blue for sent
green for received
red for late without communication
purple for angel being sought

Send By July 15

ThreadOr Yarn -> pinupmommy for a wisty surprise
Girlosun_9 -> ThreadOrYarn for long handled totes
Frosty772 -> Girlosun_9 for a wisty surprise
mimiw -> Frosty772 for purse handles and supplies
Girlosun_9 -> mimiw for a wisty surprise

Send by July 16

pinupmommy -> Girlosun_9 For possible hair clips,buttons,polymer clay mold for beads and pendants
mamaedgar->pinupmommy  for a big gir and a headband
MandyLikes Pie -> mamaedgar for felt or crochet/knit play food for her son
Girlosun_9-> MandyLikesPie for a suprise from her wist

Send By July 17
Demekah -> girlosun_9 for Headbands and/or embellished barrettes for the 10 year old and Embellished hair ties and/or barrettes for my 4 year old

pinkydamone-> demekah for a flower pincushion and extras Therisa angeled
irasema->pinkydamone  for crafty tool belt
demekah -> Irasema for totes or big roomie purses with long handles! and jewelry - earrings, necklaces, pendants, charms, cuffs i LOOOVEEE jewelry!

Send By July 18
pinupmommy-> demekah  For Buttons,embroidery hoops,ribbon and maybe some pillow cases

Send by July 21
mini -> PinupMommy for the barrel bag.
sansa -> mini  -camera bag/mini purse.

Send by July 22
Thread or Yarn -> Sansa for Hand dyed or handspun fibre. Any non-acrylic really. I can crochet and just learned to knit. Fingering weight would be great as I can't get it where I live.
PinkyDamone -> ThreadorYarn for sudsy bath surprises!  Sunflower Smiles will angel
animegirlie -> Pinky Damone for a boho rasta slouchy hat!
MandyLikesPie -> animegirlie for some amigurumi cuteness!  Grin
MaxParadise -> mandylikespie for some stitch markers and either hair ribbons or patchwork coasters
mamaedgar -> MaxParadise for zombie goodies and a wisty surprise
6iggle -> mamaedgar for Black and white art for my bathroom

Send by July 23
pinupmommy -> 6iggle  For Crafty School Supplies and journal/notebook
Jane Doe -> pinupmommy for record bowls and a spinning kit
summertimerolls -> Jane Doe for some cloth grocery style bags
Lunanne -> summertimerolls for: mosaics....  Love mosaics.  They don't have to glass or ceramic or very large.  Paper, polymer clay, pebbles...small stuff like this.... and reuseable grocery bags

Send by July 24
6iggle -> Lunanne for Art to put on her kitchen doors
Mommy the Maid -> 6iggle for anything with spanish words and possibly a pear cozy
mimiw -> MommyTheMaid for wall letters for ATHENA  in hot pinks and oranges to match her hula monkey bedding (or just the letters and I can paint/mod podge them) and something else
MommyTheMaid -> Mimi for baby stuff
MandyLikesPie -> MommyTheMaid for Knitted, Crochet, or Felt Food for play
Mommy The Maid -> MandyLikesPie for some sleep shorts and some more vintage buttons and trims
quilted -> MommytheMaid for a fabricgasm and zippers.

Send by July 25
cuppecakes83 -> quilted for a bedside caddy!

Send by July 26
mini -> cuppiecakes83 for ribbon, trim and some fabric.

Send by July 27
Jane Doe -> mini for wist items

Send by July 30
pinupmommy -> Jane Doe for a Love is the new black something
summertime rolls ->pinupmommy for some wisty suprises!
mamaedgar -> summertimerolls for a stamp starter kit
demekah -> mamaedgar for creditcardholder and Anything from my wists
phoenixfiredesigns - > demekah for some earrings and something inspired by her wist
mimiw - > phoenixfiredesigns for sewing supplies
cuppiecakes83 -> mimiw for baby legs and some old craft magazines.
designvigilante - >cuppiecakes83 for a DIY Crochet Kit, some zippers, and a few extras
quilted -> Design Vigilante for crochet hooks, beads, earring bits/jewelery bits, scissors, and thread/embroidery floss
Frosty 772 -> Quilted for a funky WIP bag
Sansa - >frosty772 for a knitted Nubia.

Send by July 31
Jane Doe -> Sansa for some handspun yarn and art on fabric
Demekah -> Jane Doe for handmade pads and a cloth bag.
Untouchable Face -> damekah for homemade rubber stamps and some buttons.
quilted -> UntouchableFace for embroidered artwork, reusable Swiffer cover, and some fabric for her cool wall art project
Frosty772-> Quilted again for a bookcover
Untouchable Face -> frosty772 for loads of scrapbooking and jewlery making supplies.
PhoenixFire Designs -> UntouchableFace for something from her Wist
pinupmommy -> phoenixfiredesigns For wire-wrapped jewelry
cclewis05 -> pinupmommy for bust mag. sub.,black ink pad and a surprise
DesignVigilante - > cclewis05 for a pencil roll, a lunch roll placemat/utensil roll, hand drawn anything, and a recipe or two.
missmoppet -> DesignVigilante for ribbons, beads, jewelry pieces AND creepy cute crochet.
DesignVigilante - >missmoppet right back for monster slippers and leg warmers!
Samsara -> DesignVigilante for some knitting stitch markers and some crochet stitch markers
Littlebiskit -> Samsara for storage box(es) and (wisty) surprises
mimiw -> littlebiskit for a thread catcher with pincushion
untouchable face -> mimiw for a mobile for the nursery and the copper mobile
Girlosun_9 ->UntouchableFace for a crochet hook holder.
meganlorraine -> girlosun_9 for a pleatness bag and some extras
lunanne -> meganlorraine for: -Anything embroidered and -a Handmade journal
kitschkween -> Lunanne for dishcloths, scribbies, and earrings

Send by August 1
quilted -> Kitchkween for the beading loom, jump rings, and eye pins  Smiley
kitschkween -> quilted for juggling balls

Send by August 2
MommyThe Maid -> Kitschkween for a wisty inspired surprise and a few small supply items
kitschkween -> MommyTheMaid for *Baby Doc Martin booties and a wisty surprise..
farmgirljane -> kitschkween for a couple of etsy favourites
kaymadben -> farmgirljane for some "Baby onesies or t shirts with transfers/stencilling embroidery like these sizes 000 - 1
CamoOvas ->kaymadben for journal for my grandfather
cclewis05-> CamOovas for non peta buttons and stickers

Send by August 3
Holliewood -> cclewis05 for a toaster cover, some cookie cutters and probably something else

Send By August 5
UntouchableFace -> Holliewood for a yarngasm, metal bottle caps, and some other supplies
ThreadorYarn -> UntouchableFace for handspun yarn and something else that I haven't decided
mamaedgar -> threadoryarn for a small squishy plushy and a neckwarmer cowl.
sharpie_slut ->mamaedgar for reusable shopping bags and clothespeg bag.

Send by August 8
quilted ->  sharpie_slut for a wisty suprise.
mimiw -> quilted for: an organizational system for my postage stamp squares.... I'm envisioning a binder with about 10 clear envelope-pages so I can organize by color
1boy1girl1kitty2 -> mimiw for baby stuff
farmgirljane -> 1boy1girl1kitty2  for - sewing notions and fruit and veg fabrics, and a quilting magazine
mamaedgar -> farmgirl jane for a crochet barn and animals.

Send by August 10
Holliewood -> mamaedgar for a pouch sling for baby wearing in a gender neutral color/pattern.
MandyLikesPie -> Holliewood for a subversive cross stitch
demekah -> MandyLikesPie for Artwork or home decor item with a modern-looking bird, tree, or bird-in-tree motif and some vintage-inspired earrings.

Send by August 13

CrossStitchinMomma -> demekah for knitted tea cozy.

mimiw -> CrossStitchinMomma for foam brushes and disposable gloves.
MandyLikesPie -> Mimiw for boy bibs in fun prints
la_Chrystelle -> MandyLikesPie for A girly, 50s-style handbag
PhoenixfireDesigns -> la_chrystelle for a pair of leaf earrings and necklace.
Animegirlie -> Phoenix for Disney related stuffs!
La_Chrystelle -> animegirlie for a crochet hook roll to keep all my wayward hooks in!
CrossStitchinMomma -> la_chrystelle for some roving.
farmgirljane -> CrossStitchinMomma  for a Union Jack cushion

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008 07:08:50 PM by Therisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Therisa

Knitfiend, Mad Sewist

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008 05:59:10 AM »

saved space
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Therisa

Knitfiend, Mad Sewist

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008 10:39:05 PM »

Okay, here's the first list - it's from pinupmommy

I am A Mummy Of a Girly (19 mo) and a Proud Owner of a Blythe Doll (Olivia Lenin)I am 23 I live Here in Alaska and have for about 13 years. Single mum Redhead Mostly. I am an Aries and She is a Scorpio. I am Going to A Business School to be a Microsoft Business Office Specialist.
I am Allergic to Smoke and Mold and pet dander.
WISHES IN PURPLE ARE THE ONES I'D LIKE THE MOST! THANKS!

Crafts

queen pillow cases (mushroom,kawaii,trees,snowflakes,cupcakes,pinup girls)

Zombie Emergency box to hang on the bathroom wall with bandaids,iodine,neosporin,tylonol ect has to be metal or wood so it doesnt get wet from steam.

Record Bowl (more colors the better)

Shopping Bags Featuring one of these sayings
plastic bag rehab
girls gone green
Reduce recycle renew
Zero Plastic, Zero Paper
Get Hip Get Green
So not plastic
Go Green
Im not a plastic bag
and as for styles they cant really be small i shop all at once at the first of every month so i like bags like
I like the top pink one's style
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=241806.0
or
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0
or
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32204.0

deeper without a top

Cooking Mama Apron Like This http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=242410.0

Pleat Bag ~ http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178244.0
Love the Rainbow,Flowers,argyle ones the most!  Check my wists for other fabrics i love

Wallet Featuring kawaii owls,kawaii deer,pin up girls,

Craft Supplies

easy cast kit

Heather Butler Fabric

Large Flat back mossaic tiles Clear

Needle Felting kit (also with simple instructions!)

Rotary Cutting board any size Used is fine i have 5x17 i need 12x12

Bust  magazine Subscription

singer 6 pack or metallic thread

singer 6 pack of thread

printer fabric

DIY Spinning Kit

Gothic Lolita Bible Magazine Used/loved is fine[/color]

Embossing fluid Used/loved is fine as long as there is half or more inside

A ribbon organizer Used/loved is fine

NEW
Rainbow ink pad

NEW
Black ink pad

Alexander Henrys Raindrop fabric

Any Japanese Fabric (check my wists)

Fabric any and all check my wists

Cupcake/pin up girl Fabric

Extras
No candy Unless it is pocky (no choc or strawberry)
Chocolate covered oreos
Harry potter and the Ootp poster
Anything Harry Potter Anything
Project runway seasons 2-4
Handmade soaps ( I like fruity stuff (not orange) and Peppermint)
sugar or salt exfoliating scrub  ( I like fruity stuff (not orange) and Peppermint)
Cookies!! Homemade is Fab! Chocolate Covered Mint/Peanut Butter/Soft Cookies/Lemon YUM
Flavored Coffees
Inhaler Hider like this  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9937115
Craft Zines. If you Have a zine I would love to read it, as I Have Never Read one before!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008 09:17:18 AM »

I claim pinupmommy for a wisty surprise.

This is my first claim

List in a minute

I'm in Massachusetts US, I do mostly knit, but I also crochet, spin, and used to cross-stitch, embroider and a little bit of tatting. I like the cooler colors (blues, purples, greens) but a little oomph of the red/orange/yellows doesn't hurt either. Nothing holiday themed please - I like being able to use my things all the time, not just a few weeks a year  Grin

My list, in no particular order -

Crafts

decorated (and absorbent Smiley) kitchen towels, potholders, etc

lounge-y shorts (43" waist)

shoe-bags (so when you put them in a suitcase you don't end up with shoeprints on all your clothes  Undecided )

handmade soaps, shower gels, lotions, salt or sugar scrubs, type stuff (but not a bathtub-soaking kind of thing)

rubik's cube stuffie (this idea)

double-stitch markers or any stitch markers for small needles (US size 3, 3.25mm or smaller)

tawashis (japanese style scrubbies - small-ish, acrylic yarn discloths)

wetbag to carry cloth pads (doesn't need to be waterproof, but resistant enough that something damp won't soak through the bag)

small totes (about 6"x6", 15cmx15cm) with longish handles - I use them to hold spinning fiber when I use a handspindle

A pretty, but not really lacy, ladies crocheted kippah this in one style I like but in purples and/or blues.

neckwarmer/cowl/shortscarf to wear with a pine green coat or an earwarmer/headband to use instead of a hat (I don't look good with the squashed hat-hair look  Wink )

Supplies

1 1/2" (4cm) cotton fabric squares (any color except neon-bright, and no holiday themes please)

anything to help me improve wire-wrapping beading kind of techniques. I'm self-taught and the teacher doesn't always know what's going on Cheesy

Casein Knitting needles

Flex knitting needles (they look like circulars that have been cut in half)

New Pathways for Sockknitters book by Cat Bordhi
Cool Socks, Warm Feet by Lucy Neatby
Andean Folk Knits by Marcia Lewandowski
(pre-owned books in good condition are just fine with me)

something from, or based on, my etsy favorites or my wists

Extras
'souvenir' bookmarks
Chocolate, plain or with nuts (unless you want to share with the hubby - he likes the mint & fruit-filled chocolates)
tea, hot chocolate mixes
Gone With The Wind (paperback book) by Margaret Mitchell

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008 09:22:56 AM by ThreadOrYarn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlosun_9
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008 11:51:28 AM »

I claim threadoryarn for small totes (about 6"x6", 15cmx15cm) with longish handles - I use them to hold spinning fiber when I use a handspindle.

This is my first claim of three allowed, zero sent, zero received. 

A little bit about me: I am a 27 year old woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, student, and special educator.  Family plays a large part in my life as does the outdoors. I live in Maine and we hike, bike, canoe/kayak, geocache, camp, walk, and do just about anything except for organized sports if it takes place outdoors.  I also like to read, play with my kids, host family dinners/events, and (of course) craft.  My favorite crafts are sewing (clothing for my children, quilts, bags/purses), scrapbooking (although I have taken a brief break from it for right now), crocheting, and embroidering.  I would like to learn (have patterns) for how to make felt food and also learn how to make the polymer pendants.

Crafts:

Colorful Sock Monkey

Headbands and/or embellished barrettes for the 10 year old

Embellished hair ties and/or barrettes for my 4 year old

Pinafores in sizes 5/5t/6 in fun prints preferably blue/brown/pink colors but the middle child is fairly easy going (example on wist)

Felt food veggies or sets (no pizza as we have a fabulous set and no meat cause that really isnt part of our meals but perhaps breakfast or sandwhich-->many examples on wist)

A bag such as this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178244.0  I particularly like the polka dots but would enjoy anything spring like.

A clutch like this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10184729 or this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9913770

Wallet such as this (tutorial at the link): http://babyangelsparadise.blogspot.com/2007/12/so-i-needed-wallet.html

A sewn cover for my kitchen aid.  Deep browns and/or natural linen please.

Crocheted cupcakes and/or pies for the little ones to play with.

Supplies:
A yarngasm from dulcinea

Yardage of fabric featuring elephants (not circus please) or monkeys or anything forest like (cute forest not actual forest) or novelty (lemons, goldfish, bikes, etc.)

A polymer clay pendant making kit with instructions

Embroidery Patterns from sublime stitching→Kurt Halsey, Camp Out, Unicorn Believer

Bend the Rules Sewing by Amy Karol

Linen→Used or Thrifted pretty much any color

Anything from/inspired by my wist: http://www.wists.com/girlosun_9

linen double fold bias tape at ;east a 1/2 inch
Extras:

Buttons
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frosty772
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008 12:39:01 PM »

I claim Girlosun_9 for an item on her wist!!

This is my first claim of three.
None sent
None received

Hello there !!
Im Tammy.  Im 35 (36 on July 2nd  Shocked) and im a stay at home mom to three boys in Northern California. I just moved here from OH and love it!!  I like to sew, quilt.  I am starting to get into embroidery and can crochet a little bit.  Im very much into girly type stuff and love anything regency -titanic era. I also love 30s-40s things as well.  I am allergic to nickel.

Here are my wishes
First off any surprise off my wist list is great!!

Crafted Items~~

KNITTED AND CROCHETED

Crocheted Victorian Reticule like this one http://www.knitheaven.com/vintagepatterns/23_LADYS_RETICULE_CROCHET.htm

I love this shawl and am willing to wait longer if anyone will make it for me. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CivilWarShawlKAL/  Im not picky about color.  Would be just happy to even have one.

A Nubia (Civil War Knitted Scarf). Red or Heather Gray would be lovely.  Im not sure if the link will take you directly there.  http://www.raggedsoldier.com/  If it doesnt Click on Needlework Necessities and Novelties and go to knitting patterns.

SEWN

**Civil War Era Cape called a Mathilde Mantilla (Think of a Civil War era Poncho.  This is basically what it is)  Here is a link to the pattern http://www.uvm.edu/%7Ehag/godey/images/s5902170.jpg  and here is an example of what it looks like http://www.thegracefullady.com/civilwargowns/ready-mades_silkmantle.htm Measurements will be provided.  Wool blend or Corduroy would be great. Hood is decorative and is not functional. It only uses around 3 yards.  I would also prefer it lined for warmth. It would be great if I could retain the pattern as well for future projects.  (I can sew I just cant figure out how to make it <frown>) without a pre-drafted pattern.  OR If someone with any drafting skills wouldnt mind drafting a pattern to my size I could play around with it and make my own (If I have a pattern to work with)

Primitive Rageddy Ann doll (An example is in my wists)

Handwarmers like the ones offered at Hot Topic. Victorian Goth ones would be perfect.

Crazy Quilted Purse
Victorian capelet.  At least waist length please email for length.
Regency or Victorian era Reticule
Petticoat either knee or ankle length !!  (Im 5'5 email for length)

Bars of handmade soap (the kind that is made from lye).  I have always wanted to try it!!  Lavender, oatmeal, goats milk, citrus are great however any scents are welcome!!  Or soap supplies as I would love to learn how to make my own. Pre-made bars are appreciated as I have young children and am concerned with having lye in the house.       Gonna take a break this round lol

Ive always been curious about those soap bombs.  My kids would probably love them !!  Also jars of bath salts would be fantastic as well.

BEADED

Hand crafted candles are great too.  Prefer either fruit and or spice scented ones or lavender (only floral scented one I like).

Woodworking
I need a shelf for above my bathroom toilet!!  I just moved to a new home and need to decorate my own bathroom (living with 4 boys here I need my girly space lol)  My space from wall to wall is 26" (I can hit each side of the wall while sitting  Grin)  It can be painted, stenciled, decoupaged!!  If painted or stenciled the colors I would like is rose, white, mustard or country blue (I have a piece of metal artwork directly above it and these are the colors in it).  I just ask that it have a victorian flare (especially if decoupaged please) to it!!  Other then that surprise me!!

~~Supplies~~

Hobby Lobby and Michaels crafts have Victorian style sewing supplies!! Sadly I am no longer local to either (actually no Hobby Lobby in CA) I would love some small stork sissors, seam ripper ( I have lost my cheapy plastic one) thread cutter (I dont expect all three of course unless you want to. Feel free to pick one or so) (Irasema sent me a pincushion and needle holder.  Thank you so much!!)

Patterns!!  I am 80 miles from a Joanns or Hancocks (sniff sniff).  I need envelopes with a size 14 & 16 included in the envelope for dresses and tops and a 16 for skirts.  Thanks!!
Vogue~~ 1048...1023..2934.. .2884...2968...1239 ...1038...8352...80 03
Simplicity~~ 2851
McCalls~~ 5714...5717
Any patterns by Truly Victorian, Laughing Moon, Folkwear and Sense and Sensibility (really wanting the Spencer pattern and Regency Dress).

Im always needing thread for sewing and this always stays on my list. I go through alot of black and white but love new colors too!!  The more the merrier and gently used is welcomed too !!

2 yard lengths of eyelet trims and any color is welcome !! 

Sewing Needles sizes 11/14 Ball Point and Regular.  Name brand quality preferred such as singer or comparative.

Patterned Ribbons is also welcomed too (again another one of my standbys lol)!!

Unwanted Issues of Threads ( I have all of 2003 2006-2008 Though I dont have the brand new issue yet 137 or 138!!!) and Burda World of Fashion Magazine !! (I have a few ...1/06** 7/03**4/05**)
(used is fine) Knipmode, Ottobre, Patrones, La Mode

Gothic Lolita Bible Magazine (used is just fine) (these have patterns in them)

Purse handles and supplies.  Silver Victorian clasps would be great too.

Scrapbooking items  (trims, paper, stickers anything!!).  Im also looking for some things like brads, ribbons, fancy paper, scissors. 

Beading supplies like wire 18 gauge or higher, beads, spacers.   Issues of beading magazines and jewelry making (new or used).
Im also needing jewlery making supplies too.

Vintage Sewing Patterns!!  36 Bust is perfect. 
Im especially trying to find a Jumper from 1948(?) Simplicity 2705

I am learning to knit finally!!  It was a suggestion by Nofury of requesting a knitting kit!!  I love this idea!!   Im also looking for some new knitting needles.  I would prefer metal and I already have a size 3 Susan Bates.  Knitting and crochet magazines would be great (pre-loved older issues are fine as well!!) and any other info geared to beginning knitting!!   And some yarn!!  I would prefer not to recieve any 100% acrylic.  However wool, cotton, silky whatever!!  All colors are welcome (well except neon bright bright colors). 

Books
**The Perfect Fit : The classic guide to altering patterns
**Fast Fit (I have checked this book out of the library so many times im shocked they dont check with me first before loaning it out to anyone lol) or More Power Sewing both by Sandra Betzina

EXTRAS

Candy from outside the US, Including but not limited to, (NZ~~Minties, Pineapple Lumps and Wittakers) Kit Kats!!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

My husband collect law enforcement patches.  I would love to get a bunch for him for his birthday in Sept.  If you live near a prison, jail or other LE facility perhaps they would let you have one???  He gets his this way by asking and are usually happy to give him one.

Last but not least total complete surprises are welcome!!  If you are good at something and have something you love making.  Go right ahead.  I will say that my tastes are victorian so if you can incorporate that even more perfect!! 

Or my husband loves asian things as well as LE related (he is a correctional officer) and anything relating to the park service (Smokey the Bear gets double marks lol!!).  He would be thrilled to recieve something just for him (it also continues him to encourage me to swap.  Ya know totally his idea   )
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008 12:50:28 PM by frosty772 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians .blogspot.com
mimiw
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008 12:55:57 PM »

I claim frosty772 for purse handles and supplies  Smiley

This is my 1st claim with 0 sent and 0 received.

My name is Mimi and I am in Georgia.  I dont have any allergies but I really dislike pastel colors.  I sew a bunch, play around with paints and adore stained glass.  I love the outdoors and all sorts of outdoor activities (camping, backpacking, climbing, kayaking).  I am not a fan of lace or anything frilly.  I love blues, greens and browns and red.  Anything natural or with a nature theme is always a hit with me!

I am also 4 months pregnant so any and all baby stuff is welcome! 

Crafts:

*A mobile similar to this for the nursery (maybe without the love stuff).

*Embroidery shadowboxes similar to these

*A short skirt with a very stretchy waistband or drawstring for the summer

*Baby Legs   (Here is a tutorial so you can make them yourself.)           

*This shirt in a medium

*Ring Sling or Mei Tai http://ellaroo.com/padded-sling.php

*An address book preferably one with refillable pages

*Felted Rocks.  I have a growing collection.

*A cover for my sewing machine something fun please!!

* A baby afghan in a nature theme ( I know, not really a mediumbut if you happen to have one lying around)

*A decorated container to store my laundry detergent (it comes in a flimsy paper bag that always tears) Decoupaged/painted whatever

*A baby surprise off my wist! 

*If you have a serger -  I love these hemp/fleece wipes

*A mobile likethis one

*Salt scrub with a subtle yet manly scent for my dad

*Anything inspired by my wists  

Supplies:

*Cookie Cutters (new or used) especially alphabet ones

*Zippers

Extras

Old crafting magazinesanything besides knitting ones.

I am a chocolate freakactually, any candy for that matter!

Dog treats and doggie gifts are always welcome!

TEA!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008 12:59:28 PM by mimiw » THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlosun_9
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008 07:05:22 PM »

I claim mimiw for a surprise from her wist. 

This is my second claim of three allowed, zero sent, zero received.

A little bit about me: I am a 27 year old woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, student, and special educator.  Family plays a large part in my life as does the outdoors. I live in Maine and we hike, bike, canoe/kayak, geocache, camp, walk, and do just about anything except for organized sports if it takes place outdoors.  I also like to read, play with my kids, host family dinners/events, and (of course) craft.  My favorite crafts are sewing (clothing for my children, quilts, bags/purses), scrapbooking (although I have taken a brief break from it for right now), crocheting, and embroidering.  I would like to learn (have patterns) for how to make felt food and also learn how to make the polymer pendants.

Crafts:

Colorful Sock Monkey

Headbands and/or embellished barrettes for the 10 year old

Embellished hair ties and/or barrettes for my 4 year old

Pinafores in sizes 5/5t/6 in fun prints preferably blue/brown/pink colors but the middle child is fairly easy going (example on wist)

Felt food veggies or sets (no pizza as we have a fabulous set and no meat cause that really isnt part of our meals but perhaps breakfast or sandwhich-->many examples on wist)

A bag such as this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178244.0  I particularly like the polka dots but would enjoy anything spring like.

A clutch like this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10184729 or this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9913770

Wallet such as this (tutorial at the link): http://babyangelsparadise.blogspot.com/2007/12/so-i-needed-wallet.html

A sewn cover for my kitchen aid.  Deep browns and/or natural linen please.

Crocheted cupcakes and/or pies for the little ones to play with.

Supplies:
A yarngasm from dulcinea

Yardage of fabric featuring elephants (not circus please) or monkeys or anything forest like (cute forest not actual forest) or novelty (lemons, goldfish, bikes, etc.)

A polymer clay pendant making kit with instructions

Embroidery Patterns from sublime stitching→Kurt Halsey, Camp Out, Unicorn Believer

Bend the Rules Sewing by Amy Karol

Linen→Used or Thrifted pretty much any color

Anything from/inspired by my wist: http://www.wists.com/girlosun_9

linen double fold bias tape at ;east a 1/2 inch
Extras:

Buttons
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 1/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 11/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 2/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 4/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 3/11
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...