A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,700
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Butterfly Baby Quilt for my neice, Arianna - Summer Quilt #5  (Read 4221 times)
Tags for this thread: quilt , baby_blanket , baby_gift , baby_quilt , free_motion_quilting  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009 11:24:52 AM »

I agree with everyone else on here that this is a very lovely baby quilt. Your brother would be crazy to not use it for his daughter. I've used fleece as a quilt backing before, but it has never occurred to me to use it as the batting. I guess I was always looking for a shortcut. Tongue Was the fleece wide enough as is straight from the store or did you have to piece it together? I want to try this method the next time I make a quilt.

The fleece is 60" wide, so it did not have to be pieced.  I actually bought 14 yards of it, so I could make the other 7 quilts I have to do this summer.  Each of them is a lap quilt, and the fleece was wide enough for even the widest quilt, which was 56"x76".  The front and back fabrics also like to cling to the fleece the same way they do to traditional batting, making it work much the same, and giving it a nice "fluff" to it, without being puffy.  :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
cre8fmom
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009 01:34:26 PM »

absolutely gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Extreme selvage quilter
DaisyAlly
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009 11:14:03 PM »

Wow I adore this and I cannot even believe that they might not appreciate it! After all, as parents, its not about what they want, its about the baby. But anyway, I just wanted to say that if they dont like it, you could give it to me and I will promise to name my next baby Arianna!  Cheesy Seriously though I think you are wonderfully kind for making such nice gifts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bimbo
Life's too short...do what you love!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009 10:39:01 AM »

This is really gorgeous and not very pastel in my opinion.  I think it looks very modern and bright and cheery.  Love the butterfly fabric.  I am sure they are going to love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Simplify, Simplify, Simplify
cherry34

Creativity is the mind at play

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009 03:43:00 PM »

wow awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schtankylu
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009 07:01:22 PM »

Your quilt is beautiful. Even though they said no pink, they might have been doing that to really mean they didn't want anything obnoxious, sparkly, girly, etc. This quilt is fantastic and is not obnoxious at all. It's very special. The very least they could do is put it away to give to her when she gets older. I bet she'll turn into a raging pretty pink pony princess lover anyway! Can't avoid that one!

I just had a baby girl and also requested no pink by word of mouth, but it was mainly to prevent "daddy's little princess" crap. I'm not at all opposed to pink, but more to the super genderized stuff out there to avoid onesies that have dumb sayings on them. Anyway, the quilt is gorgeous and I really hope they like it so as not to diminish your hard work and thoughtful gift. Thanks also for sharing that link--I'm absolutely drooling over those quilts in the gallery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roccstarr75
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009 08:17:37 PM »

Thanks also for sharing that link--I'm absolutely drooling over those quilts in the gallery.

I just came back to look at this quilt again, and didn't realized you had put up a link to oh, fransson!  I lover her, and tell everybody about her blog.  I have learned from her site that I did from my first few years of actual quilting experience!  She has changed the way I quilt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Thanksgiving Dessert: How to Make a Pumpkin Bourbon Walnut Tart
How to Make Peppermint-Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Crisp Apple Fritter Recipe
How to Make Gingerbread Bell Cookies
How to Make a Gorgeous Apple Tarte Tatin for Dessert
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...