A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
705 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Soda + cake mix = ?  (Read 1913 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

clrowi
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008 07:55:44 PM »

I have been dying to make a batch of cupcakes, and these sound like the easiest recipe known to man... Oh why, oh why, could I not discover these before??!!

I love love love the fruit idea... I am definitely going to try this this weekend!!

Thanks for all the flavourful inspiration too... oh the possibilities!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepskinfuton

No animals were harmed in the making of this name.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008 08:24:54 PM »

I just made the Mountain Dew ones, all I used was yellow cake mix, 3 eggs, a lemon, a lime and about a cup of soda. They turned out pretty good.

I'm going to frost them with my mom's whipped cream cheese frosting tomorrow morning.

I want to try all the other soda and fruit cakes now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss World
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008 11:32:55 PM »

interesting! I've never heard of cakes with sodas Smiley I'm going to try it and see how it comes out
THIS ROCKS   Logged
1born2knit

Let the wild rumpus start!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008 10:38:19 PM »

I once made a cake with chocolate cake mix and a can of root beer... it turned out pretty good. :3

These cake mix/soda combinations all sound really good! The only problem is that my mom doesn't believe in cake mix or soda, so the chances of both being in my house at the same time are pretty slim. xD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stressedoutmamax3
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008 11:23:33 PM »

Oh, I used this method for cupcakes when my oldest child was allergic to eggs. If you don't want the added sweetness from the soda, you can just club soda or seltzer water and it still turns out fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PaisleyMoose
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008 09:26:23 AM »

Mmmm. Okay so this week I did a fudgey cake mix mixed with regular Coke and iced with dark chocolate frosting. For half of the cupcakes, I took them out of the oven midway through baking and put a (homemade!) cherry chocolate truffle in the center and then put them back in the oven. On the other cupcakes, after they finished baking, I cut out the centers and put cherry pie filling in the center, put the top back on and ta-da!
The truffle ones turned out gooey and sooo good. The cherry one was also amazing. Soda cupcakes are so moist and perfect! And you couldn't even taste the coke, which for this cake was good. I wanted to take pictures but they didn't last long enough  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kaissa
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008 02:27:03 PM »

So, I read this thread the other day and decied I had to try this. I just made a cake with a box of white cake mix and one of those new Strawberry Ginseng Mtn. Dews. I frosted it with whipped strawberry icing. We haven't tried it yet! I am having a BBQ tonight and that's the dessert, so I hope it worked. It looks and smells yummy anyway.  Grin  (and the batter was good  Roll Eyes )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Shiny Hair
How to Get Thicker Hair
How to Get Soft Hair
How to Get Waves in Your Hair
How to Get Victoria Beckham Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...