A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
388 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 States Block Swap DONE!  (Read 12600 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2008 04:16:21 PM »

Awesome!  Now we have to get our organizer to agree... tee hee hee!

Yes!  Just like we are doing in the LQS.  Since we are all going to be sending ONE package of squares to each partner, we're going to wait until we're completely finished with all of our blocks to ship, so I think it'll keep everyone else inspired and happily sewing away if we can see what everyone else is doing. 

Nothin' wrong with a little very friendly competition that promotes action.  Smiley

I know it will keep me excited, whereas with the laid-back feel of this swap and the huge timeline, I could otherwise be persuaded to be lazy... AHEM, I mean... I could get off track... Wink

I will absolutely be sending on time, but I think that a gallery at some point would definitely keep everyone excited, and with each of us reserving a spot, it wouldn't get out of hand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love2teach
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2008 08:25:59 PM »

I'm all for posting as we go.  I have all the fabric except 2 bought.  My fabric for Wyoming and Idaho have to be bought online.  I'm going on vacation from July 22nd to August 5th and after that I will be ready to cut and begin my blocks.

love2teach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2008 11:48:37 PM »

I think posting as we make them sounds great as long as everyone lets the organizer know they received (the secondary purpose of posting photos) - and with 6 of us, it shouldn't be THAT hard, right? Wink

I had to order Michigan online, and I think I'm gonna have to order Mississippi online too - I FINALLY found catfish fabric (online)- I'm not willing to waste more time looking for it in a store - shipping be damned!

WHEE! Cheesy

(p.s. I'm in LA on business this weekend WHOO!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pertelot
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2008 09:49:21 AM »

im pretty excited to go searching for my fabric next week  Cheesy  its been killing me that i really havent been able to work on the blocks very much yet
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chinarockfishakm

Ralphie Jr. (Christmas Story)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2008 03:47:08 PM »

I guess progress pics would be ok but I want to be surprised when I get mine. HAHA! maybe I just wont look at the gallery Grin
Or maybe just post an example of each blocks you make before you send in one post. Which would be preferred?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008 05:20:24 PM by chinarockfishakm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft-ish Blog: http://notimeforcrafting.blogspot.com/

Anyone wanna help a good cause and buy a sonography class cookbook so I can go to a seminar in September? They are $15 alone, and $20 with handmade potholders. PM me!
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2008 08:00:34 PM »

I don't know...

I honestly don't mind either way.  I just thought people might not want to wait to see everything.  Smiley

If we don't want a gallery until everyone has received, that's totally fine... I'm just thinking that if we are all getting the same blocks, that the sender should just post a photo of each state's blocks, instead of just seeing the same state blocks 6 times Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2008 11:33:59 AM »

if we are all receiving the same blocks (assuming we are) should we just wait until everyone has received our blocks and then post a picture? b/c everyone in the swap will know what it looks like. the only reason for a gallery would be if a) someone makes different squares or b) anyone outside of the swap wants to see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chinarockfishakm

Ralphie Jr. (Christmas Story)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2008 02:00:55 PM »

Hows everyone doing? I started cutting my alaska blocks and I got lazy and quit. I think it wont happen till I am off vacation in a week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft-ish Blog: http://notimeforcrafting.blogspot.com/

Anyone wanna help a good cause and buy a sonography class cookbook so I can go to a seminar in September? They are $15 alone, and $20 with handmade potholders. PM me!
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2008 05:19:35 PM »

...still collecting fabric.  Smiley  I will definitely be done in time, but it's awesome that we have so much time since I think a lot of us will be purchasing fabric online and have to wait for shipping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pertelot
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2008 05:07:31 AM »

i got some fabric yesterday for the blocks (and of course some for me!) so im almost done with that, but i still need fabric for two of my states... it is rather fun to go searching for the fabric to use! it was interesting yesterday when an entire bus load of quilters on their way to a quilt show stopped in the one fabric store i was in   Shocked everyone inside was rushing to get out, but it was pretty funny when they all piled in the store and were all trying to get shopping carts... one lady even asked if she could have mine while i was on line for cutting which was followed by cheers from the other ladies when she got it lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chanel Spring 2014 RTW Runway Show: Celebrity Sightings at PFW 2014
Kim and Kanye Get Custom Designer Clothes For North
How to Style Your College Campus Gear
Get The Blake Lively Style
See How Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Do Paris
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...