A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2008 What do I make for... thread.  (Read 28405 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

msmadeline
list-maker extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2008 02:33:15 PM »

bunnicula-

i love love love the marble magnets. i had totally forgotten about them. those are so awesome. so is the instant photo album.

ilovepineapple-

to add, i found this amazing mirror frame from urbanoutfitters maybe? i don't remember mayne it was athroplogie but anyway, if you feel ambitious these would make greatttt picture frames. it would probably be easier if the frames were square or rectangular? i don't know...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q217/ewhkyousmell/crafts/13076880_00_e.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q217/ewhkyousmell/crafts/13076880_00_b.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q217/ewhkyousmell/crafts/13076880_00_f.jpg

...that is if you have a shit ton of magazines lying around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2008 05:24:56 PM »

I LOVE!!!!!!! that mirror...
i almost bought it there twice...
because i loved it so much...
the first time it was pretty expensive and the second time there was a mildly damaged one for 10 bucks... looking back i cant believe i didnt buy it Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trefito
« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2008 03:08:48 AM »

I suppose I thought it would be fun to start working on presents 14 days until christmas but I WAS SOO WRONG.  I'm starting to stress out, I haven't bought/made one present yet and I have a loooong list! 

my best friend is really crafty so she's probably the only person my age that i would possibly craft a present for.  the problem is, she's really crafty...and wayy better than me...she actually taught my how to crochet and bead jewelry.  she loves the beach/hawaii (she lived there for about 2 years), she LOVES LOVES her boyfriend and she just got a brand new puppy, big, but maybe about 5 months.

i'm having a hard time buying presents for my two friends.  they're very similar so that's kind of nice!!  hello kitty, dream catchers, twilight, new york, dancing, cupcakes/sweets, the office, music like the academy is..., we the kings...that kind of stuff

my dad usually has a new obsession every time around this year so i generally have a good idea what i'm going to get him.  this year he loves fishing and boats.

my brother is always a real challenge.  he loves sports, florida gators especially, but he has about everything gators that you could imagine!! he works all the time and he loooves movies but has about every movie in his collection

my sister loves being active and working out.  she's 24, works full-time, has netflix.  she needs clothes because she only has workout clothing...help!!

my mom, after living in SC for 20+ years, then moving to texas for 5+ years has decided that she's a southern girl at heart so i'd love to give her something "southern" lol for around the house.  she may or may not like anything homemade.  maybe semi-homemade!! she also likes tennis, the beach, hanging out with her girlfriends...

my bf is being a realll challenge this year! i can't think of anything except for "generic" stuff.  we've almost been dating for 2 years.  he's into the west wing, anime, working out, asian culture, and...me Cheesy  i was thinking of getting him the west wing on dvd but he thinks its a waste of $$ and he'd rather watch it on tv.  he would love anything i crafted for him - i just can't think of anything to make!

my best friend from college usually tends to be relatively easy to shop for.. she loves nirvana, audrey hepburn, rupert grint, that sort of thing...

and FINALLY! my grandma and granddaddy! i'm pretty sure i'm going to make something for them too.  they camp once a month with a group of friends, they go to bible group a lot.  my grandfather likes watching old re-runs on tv land.  i saw a thread about crocheted bible covers.  i may do that but i need something else because what a lame gift my itself!!

i would appreciate ANY help!!! PLEASE!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
msmadeline

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2008 05:46:22 AM »

I LOVE!!!!!!! that mirror...
i almost bought it there twice...
because i loved it so much...
the first time it was pretty expensive and the second time there was a mildly damaged one for 10 bucks... looking back i cant believe i didnt buy it Embarrassed

i know it's fantastic! i never thought about buying it, though. haha i was like, i can DEFINITELY make this. i have so many magazines hoarded it's ridiculous! it's on my "yeah...one day" list of things to do.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

msmadeline

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2008 06:20:56 AM »

trefito-

you may want to check out a post by bunnicula on the page before this one, she provided a lenghty list of ideas with links to tutorials.

best friend
maybe crochet a dog bone for her new puppy?
i love the idea of the marble magnets, maybe some beachy images and pictures of her and her bf?

grandparents
a clever craftster posted a couple of journals she had prepared for her two grandmothers. i loved this! the idea is that her g-mas will be filling out the journals and giving them back to her. so thoughtful!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=281678.0

dad
it's not crafted but a subscription to a boating/fishing magazine maybe?

brother
if he's into movies maybe a popcorn tin?
http://www.marthastewart.com/article/popcorn-tins?backto=true

sister
the ribbon belts from martha stewarts website seem like a nice gift..

actually she has a list of "gifts for everyone" here's the link:
http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/gifts-for-everyone?lnc=28dba735453ee010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&rsc=lpg_col2_crafts&lpgview=thumb&showComments=true

uhm...i think my idea-generating mechanism has been fried this morning haha. i've been plotting my gift crafts since the wee hours. i hope i helped a bit.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

shaoono
Shantastic!

Shantastic!=)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2008 12:49:08 PM »

Holy poop.  trefito  just made me realize shes right theres like 14 days till christmas.
ah I have so much to do.

I think i've got my list down though so maybe my ideas will help someone

My Grandma and Auntand Uncle  - I'm making two blankets.. well quilts kind but its gonna be 4 big squares with a backing.   In each section I'm putting pictures of my brother in one corner my cousin in the other corner and me in one... In the 4th one for my grandma I'm going to put pictures of her and my gradnfather In the one for my aunt and Uncle I think I'm going to put pictures of my mom uncle pap and other "passed" family she cherishs stuff like that a lot
BUt I really need to get working

Aunt - already made her a painting of her son

Uncle - its his birthday on christmas too so I'mmaking a little yarn friend to put on his gift  http://www.makingfriends.com/bug/bug_birthday.htm but I still need to come up with a clever birthday present for him because last year was the big 50 and I made him a " I'm and old fart" Crown and he proudly wore it around all day.

Brother/little cousin- I'm going tonight on a mission for hopefully Transformers or power rangers fleece if not I'll find some kind of print and theyre getting stippy strip quilts well blankets

Friends - I'm decorating journals for all of them with there things I know best represents them and writing each of them a note inside because we are all seniors and I'm hopeing they use it as a seniors memory book type thing.
Ones getting dragon flies one a recyle symbol and one a crossword puzzle that I'm going to somehow make lol.

I'm also making those ribbon hair pieces for them and beaded dragon fly hairclips for the one.  If I can find plain tote bags I might make a few of them too.

Boyfriend - umm I engraved a class frame with his favorite basketball teams logo thing because thats what his room is done in. I might attempt the paper mache' ball i was told about.  umm I might make him a wrestling blanket with some RAWvs Smackdown fleece I found at walmart  Grin made life a little easy and I'm personalizing a CD for him thats going to tell a story through the songs, and making a booklet to explain it to him, I'm hopeing he understands it but he doesnt like a lot of the same music as me but has been getting on me to make him a cd lately so haha he'll get over it.

Also one night I'm kicking my Grandma aunt and uncle out of the house to my aunts next door so they can do their own christmas stuff and I'm going to help the kids make each person a little something to put in the stockings I'm making everyone.

I splatter painted a bunch of cheepo stockings and put pockets and names on all of them and a little symbol that represents everyone
mines got a paint brush and my grandmas has a cute little lady i made from felt to look like her and my uncles has a football and my aunts her work logo and the kids im still figureing out how to seperate them i might put there favorite pokemon on it.

Oh and I'm making my gram a clock and each number is going to be someone.   She has 4 kids 6 grandkids and a great grandson.... and I'm going to make the 12 her and my pap and then put everyones picture in the order they were born... kind of like a "time line" on a clock . heh I thought it was a cute idea I know she'll love it.

oh gosh I need to get working.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnicula
« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2008 02:22:30 PM »

For anyone looking for ideas, I have tried to organize my links to gift-y craft tutorials in this document: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=d7txf57_16dpt5pshf

I found this to be helpful, so I thought that some of you might as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Samanthae
« Reply #177 on: December 14, 2008 12:18:51 PM »

So, I've been over the whole boyfriend situation before. But again... he is going to school halfway across the country but we will both be home for Christmas. I want to make him some kind of calendar but I can't figure out how.
I started the jar of 365 things (not my idea, found somewhere on here)... with just random quotes and proverbs and fortunes and stuff but I am having a really tough time.
I don't really just want to make a calendar with pictures of us either. I would like it to be a bit more personal.
Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2008 09:21:30 AM »

HELP !!! I lost my Dad in October and naturally dipped into a black funk. I am just now coming out enough to realize that I need to pull some Christmas cheer out of my butt for the kids in my life. I have told all the adults to get over it Christmas is cancelled this year. You cant really do that to children though.
The only one I am really struggling with is a twelve year old boy that I have nothing in common with. He is a step nephew. He doesn't really read or do craft things...he is a boys boy all the way. Likes all the things that our kids are not allowed to be into, video games, TV etc.
What the heck do I do for this kid that is hand made? Any suggestions would be WONDERFUL. Smiley

Much Peace,
Tero
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
BadWolf

cassettetape--->BadWolf

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2008 09:54:28 AM »

you could make him one of those throw blankets with sleeves so he can hold an sugary drink and the tv remote or the video game controller while staying warm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My username has changed from cassettetape to BadWolf.

"Does this shirt make me look like a party balloon?"-Mike

http://pinterest.com/marquesajen
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Choosing a Gradient Overflow
Macromedia Flash 8 - Saving and Locking Gradients
Macromedia Flash 8 - Applying and Transforming Gradients
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adjusting Cap, Join and Other Stroke Properties
Macromedia Flash 8 - Applying and Stylizing Strokes
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...