A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2008 What do I make for... thread.  (Read 28406 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Samanthae
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2008 10:52:58 AM »

So I've only cracked down on making my list and trying to plan things out in the last week. It's a wonderful way of avoiding studying. The list still needs quite a bit of help but this is it so far.
Boyfriend
- Magnets, he's in a dorm room and his fridge is bare so I was thinking of making word magnets and then some other random images.
- Etched glasses or mugs - also having to do with the dorm room, I was going to put some random movie quotes on them
- Stenciled pillow case - we're halfway across the country away and I miss sleeping with him terribly so I was thinking of either making him a pillowcase with a quote from the wizard of oz on it (his favorite movie) or some kind of matching pillow case so we could each have one
- Jar of 365 things - yeah, this was stolen, but I thought it would be nice since we're so far apart.
- Boxers/PJs - probably some kind of stencil also? I have no idea
.... I've yet to figure out the main gift though, whether purchased or homemade. I can't sew... which kind of puts a damper on things... and my knitting is very slow.

Christina - Sister
- University clothes (I just started and was thinking of buying her a sweater)
- Ugly doll
- Something else?

Cole - 5yrs old - Father's girlfriend's son who just moved in
This kid is a sweetheart so I'm excited about being able to craft for him for christmas.
- Cool bag for toys
- Homemade Coloring Book
- Finger puppets?

Mom
Impossible to satisfy when it comes to gift giving...  I'm probably just going to buy what she wants
- Slippers
- Pajamas

Dad
He's not hard to please... but figuring out what to buy/make is difficult. He doesn't do very much
- Something from the University
- something else?

Tracy - Dad's girlfriend.. who has moved in since I've been gone
I have absolutely no idea what to do for this one. I'm not aiming at something very personal but I still have to give her something. She's very sweet... I just don't know how to approach it

Friends
- Homemade Coloring Book
- Homemade Crayons
I am going to take pictures of all of us together for the coloring books and I am going to buy packs of 8 crayons and peel the labels off and replace them with my own labels made from sticker paper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tessie
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2008 04:34:34 PM »

I've found some plain unfinished wood frames at the Dollar Tree so they were only $1 each and I'm covering them with polymer clay. I'm making each one to match each person's personality. I'll post some pictures soon. I want to get a few more made. I'm using up all of my clay though  Undecided Perhaps I will get more for Christmas! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shellbell005
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2008 09:46:41 AM »

Hm, I am guessing it may be as warm in Afghanistan as it is in the UAE, which is where my friend lives now. She received gummy bear vitamins in the mail from home and her fiance had to cut the container open because they became a giant jelly blob.

I'm sorry he won't be home for Christmas too, but it'll be just as fun when he gets back I bet!

Ok, few ideas:
embroidered handkerchief
Chocolate peppermint biscotti(or other hardy cookie)
a holiday themed frame with a picture of you two
a stuffie or crocheted christmas tree

You know those chocolate mint things, they start with an N and come in an Altoid style tin? Those might hold up in the heat and going overseas...I can't remember what they're called...Anyway, they're more of an altoid textured thing, no chocolate coating or anything.

Hm, anyway, good luck! Keep us posted!

Thank you so much for the tips and Ideas, im going to have to think long and hard about things lol. Thank you again, i'll keep you updated if i do any crafts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2008 02:47:02 PM »

-Brother (15, likes the outdoors/camping and music, playing and listening): I was thinking maybe a scarf with felt sewn on in the logo of his fav band, or maybe a set of crocheted hacky sacks. Along with a CD, probably.

Some crafting that he could use for camping might be useful. Growing up we had a utensil roll made out of denim - there are tons of tutorials for that kind of stuff on here. Cup cosies - for hot choc/coffee/tea. (java cuff is a good one - I knit a lot, so I haven't looked for a crochet version, but I'm sure somebody has made one.) Camping log to make notes about campgrounds and sites he likes/doesn't like. There was also a camping swap on here a while back. That might be a good place to look as well. We have a pop-up camper and go camping at least once a month. Another thing that has been useful is a personalized/laminated pack list. We started with one we downloaded from family fun or a camping website (DH did that so I don't have the site) and we just added on the things we wanted to have.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
emilylala
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2008 05:24:31 PM »

shellbell005
what about some christmas decorations for his room like some paper christmas tree wall hangings and baubles to make it feel christmas-y, collages of photos of you and/or children, parents, your house and neighbourhood or his favourite places where you live, places that are special to you and him, in australia we have biscuits called anzac biscuits that were apparently sent (im too young to know if they were or not) sent over to the men fighting in the world wars and they kept. they are really yummy so you might not want to send them but keep them for yourself. a recipe can be found here http://www.aussiecooking.com.au/cook/recipes/76/Anzac%20Biscuits/
a stocking stuffed with things that are allowed to be sent like the tictaks etc. a good book maybe.
just a few ideas
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jvp2790
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2008 04:54:49 PM »

Ok, so I am very tight on money for Christmas this year, and I am leaving in two months for the military, so I would like to make my closest friends some gifts before I leave.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could make them that may be sentimental in some sort of way?

I really would appreciate ANY ideas!!!
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tickle_Me_Pink
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2008 02:43:05 PM »

I'm stuck for my grandparents! I'd love to make them a joint gift, but I feel that it's to hard to think of, so I'm going to do seperate ones.

Grandpa: loves to work with his hands. builds model planes and flies them, as well as builds clocks.

Grandma: cooks (not to much though) and she always plays bridge with her lady friends.

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
withhopes
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2008 03:12:00 PM »

HELP ME WITH....
Teachers(the ones i like):Mugs filled with stuff, but I'm not sure what to put in them, for sure those hotchocolate/marshmallow kit thingys but what else is good?Huh?
Brother: NO IDEA... he's plays baseball, but he's been getting into playing guitar.. i honestly have no idea... HELP PLEASE!  Grin
BFF:she's getting into saving the world lol, but i was thinking of making her a "save the world kit" with like reusable grocery bag, ...but i don't know waht else to put in it
Friend1:she's an indie rockish person, I was thinking of getting her 80's style sunglasses, and like a small mod-ish clutch/wallet but do you know any tutorials for the clutch/wallet?

Plus i wanted to bring some food goodies just to hand out, any ideas?
I'm already planning on gingerbread men, but anything else that's quick, tasty, & loved by all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf

cassettetape--->BadWolf

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2008 05:49:13 PM »

HELP ME WITH....
Teachers(the ones i like):Mugs filled with stuff, but I'm not sure what to put in them, for sure those hotchocolate/marshmallow kit thingys but what else is good?Huh?
Brother: NO IDEA... he's plays baseball, but he's been getting into playing guitar.. i honestly have no idea... HELP PLEASE!  Grin
BFF:she's getting into saving the world lol, but i was thinking of making her a "save the world kit" with like reusable grocery bag, ...but i don't know waht else to put in it
Friend1:she's an indie rockish person, I was thinking of getting her 80's style sunglasses, and like a small mod-ish clutch/wallet but do you know any tutorials for the clutch/wallet?

I'm already planning on gingerbread men, but anything else that's quick, tasty, & loved by all?

Teachers: soup mix is also good in addition to the hot chocolate ones. Also homemade marshmallows(there is a recipe in the cooking section for cherry flavored ones!) are very good.
Brother:My boyfriend has been playing guitar for 12 years and has been in several bands, and in a swap he got a little container for his picks, cause he can never find them, so maybe that's a possibility. Maybe a can cozy for him that has his favorite team's logo? My boyfriend says something called "finger ease" that you spray on the strings is good to give as well as extra strings, so maybe if you made him a cool bag he could put some of those goodies in?
BFF:My cousin that I have for secret santa is just the same. I am giving her a few grocery bags, earrings, and recipes cause she is vegetarian. You could get an organic cotton tshirt and stencil something clever on it like "Go Green or Go Home". Maybe knit or crochet her a neckwarmer from organic cotton or fair trade wool.
Friend 1: no idea of any tutorials, but I like the clutch idea very much, you could even stash some sweets or earrings in there.

Sorry for like the million suggestions. I have an addiction to giving advice.

Good luck though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My username has changed from cassettetape to BadWolf.

"Does this shirt make me look like a party balloon?"-Mike

http://pinterest.com/marquesajen
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2008 07:06:16 PM »

HELP ME WITH....

Teachers- homemade candies or cookies is always a nice thing to put inside...my mom did that for all our teachers when we were younger.
Brother-i've seen shrinky dink guitar picks here on craftster...but i dont know how well they work, but those would be fun becasue you could personaliize them.
BFF- Just look up some recyled craft ideas theres earrings made from junk mail, wallets made from newspaper, purses from magazine, bowls made from magazine ect. you could make a few of these things to give with a tag that say "Planet friendly" or something or if she is a crafty person you could make her a book of Recycled craft ideas...
Friend1-I havent seen any tutes but you should searched here or elsewhere for some good patterns
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Smile Tips for Perfect Profile Pictures
Posing Tips for a Great Profile Picture
Boxee Co-Founder Idan Cohen on What He Learned from Photography
Shaun White Photo Behind the Scenes
Eight Young Artists Pose for a Photo By Ryan McNamara
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...