A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,665
Currently Running With Scissors:
674 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2008 What do I make for... thread.  (Read 29177 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ashling
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2008 10:42:51 AM »

That's not a bad idea, plus it's inexpensive, which is rather important to me right now.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tickle_Me_Pink
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2008 06:58:32 AM »

What should I make for my dad?! Right now, I'm going to make him a few ties, because he needs some for work! I'm not sure what else. Here's a bit about him:

My dad: He loves baseball, football and golf. He only plays golf. He's a sales man, that sells nuts and bolts and other fasteners. He is a big dog person, and especially loves our dog, Mac

I'm also not sure about my mom. I'm making her a "Reading in a box" and know I'm going to put some bookmarks, and a barnes and noble gift card in there, but I'm not sure what else!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2008 06:07:37 PM »

Alright. I've been dating my boyfriend for about a month now, but we've only been officially together for three days...and now i have to think of a christmas gift.

he has multiple sclerosis, and heat makes him feel ill, so my knitted goods are pretty much out of the picture, as are blankets of some sort. all he wears are beanies, but he has his wild beanie that he always wears and loves. i also can't bake him anything because the meds he's on makes him vomit pretty much anything that he eats if it's more than a few bites (sorry if that's tmi..)

as for his interests... he used to be an EMT and misses the medical field more than almost anything. he's going to school for robotics. loves comedy. loves beer. likes playing video games like grand theft auto. collects random shot glasses from trips he's been on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

your.bestnightmare
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2008 06:55:15 PM »

Maybe you could make him like..something to hold his video games. Possible a stationary one..or you could make one so he can take it to his friends house..or even room to room?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new found love for inchies.
Let's swap 'em (: Private swaps too!
NicolaJMP

What the deuce?!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2008 05:07:48 AM »

For my brother I am making some Futurama themed things.  So far I have started a Bender cross-stitch http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=227872.0   and a Zoidberg painting http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=90944.0(haha, yes, I am totally plagiarising these two awesome pieces of work!)

Anyhoo, I want to make one more Futurama themed thing, something that can go in a frame along with the two above that can go on his wall.  My question is how should I craft it??

Thanks for any help!!
Nicolajmp xx
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008 05:17:14 AM by NicolaJMP » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2008 03:32:48 PM »

Are you guys just sharing list/ ideas.
because i tried to post my list on the other thread similar to this one and it had a few questions on it and nobody responded yet?
maybe it was the wrong one?
So if thats what your doing i may just post my list...and my questions!
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2008 03:42:43 PM »

because i tried to post my list on the other thread similar to this one and it had a few questions on it and nobody responded yet?
 Grin

that's pretty much it. A lot of the threads are being merged into here to make sure people do get suggestions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
your.bestnightmare
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2008 03:49:01 PM »

Grin

Pretty much what were doing.
Go ahead and post.
Id be happy to try n help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new found love for inchies.
Let's swap 'em (: Private swaps too!
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2008 05:38:01 PM »

ok awesome!
 Grin
Mom- Sunflower Painting and Newspaper Yarn

Dad- Homemade teas for him to try ( he loves trying new things and all he drinks is lipton or earl gray) Does anyone have some really good recipes?  a mug. and a homemade board game based of chutes and ladders with diffrent pictures

Sister (13)-  Team Edward/Twilight sweashirt (she obsessed ); crocheted robot (baed off an inside joke); earring holder; A twilight Painting; and some collages or drawings for her walls (there so plain); a homemade keychain "ugly doll".

Grandma and Grandpa- Gma Wants painted shoes. Unsure of whats going on them?? Some of my photography for all the grandparents.

Best Friend-   how is it your always at a loss when it comes to your bff? She likes crafting/ scrap booking but i wanted to make her something homemade... i was thinking a picture frame? so lost?

I feel like i'm not giving my mom enough...
but painting take a long time...
input?

excited to see everyones lists!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2008 06:27:03 PM »

smuckers, i think you'll be fine with your mom. paintings do take a long time, and i'm sure she's well aware of that.

as for your bff, you could buy her some scrapbooking supplies and pictures of you and her and your mutual friends so she can make a scrapbook out of them or something.?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Warm Cinnamon Apples
No-Fail Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
How to Make Fruit Pierogies
Two-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...