A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 301,629
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2008 What do I make for... thread.  (Read 30423 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xx_Kellybean
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008 04:26:30 PM »

Fellow craftsters: I need suggestions/ideas for the following people...I have listed my ideas for them...but they just dont seem that good. Any other ideas???

Candi (My 15 yr old cousin)
--Pretty much likes everything she's not suppose to (sex, drugs, drinking, fighting, etc.) & Those are her interests- She doesnt like anything else really. But I dont want to make/buy her anything that would support that kind of crap with her being 15 & all.

1. Bathset ?
2. Purse ?
3. shirt ?

Jack (my 19 yo cousin) (doesn't like the whole Handmade stuff, but I'd still like to 'make' him stuff) He is the "ghetto" kind of guy. He has a 1 yr old son & is expecting his 2nd baby (they just found out)

1. Paraphenalia for his **cough** habits (will be bought)
2. Southpole shirt (He is uber picky about stuff)
3. Etched Shotglasses & bottle to accompany it?? (he's a partier)

Other suggestions?

Marcus' Mom & Dad

1. Christmas ornaments (MAY OR MAY NOT DO, because they dont "get" the whole crafty handmade thing...HAVE SUPPLIES
2. Probably a gift card...i have no idea

Other Suggestions?

Kristin (Marcus' sister) likes purses, she is a dancer, idk too much about her really
 16 yrs old

I have no idea....probably a purse because she loves them...idk what else

suggestions?

Steven (12 yrs old) Likes snakes, LOVES girls, loves to get into trouble....

1. Bathset for boys: bathcrayons, bath mitten, lego soap, bubble bath! AXE (he likes axe because it makes him feel all grown up & manly)waiting for supplies
2. Snake stenciled tshirt? have supplies

other suggestions?

William (10 years old) LOVES football, videogames
 My godson

1. Bathset for boys: bathcrayons, bath mitten, football & football helmet soap, bubble bath! AXE (He likes axe because it makes him feel all grown up & manly)waiting for supplies
2. Football stenciled shirt? Have supplies

other suggestions?

Alyssa (2 yr old) Likes Dora the explorer

1. Crochet pursey thing that turns into a miniture baby craddle inside (baby is like 3 inches long)-done

2. 2 necklaces-done

any other suggestions?

Ali (my boyfriend's best friend) Muslim, IS A POKER FANATIC!!, 23 years old

1. Poker inspired stenciled tshirt...
2. Shot glass set (Etched) *We'll buy him some liqour to go along with it lol*

okay i'm going to give you suggestions that i could think of off the top of my head, they may not be that great......but i'm still going to give them to you lol

i'd probably make Candi a shirt. it's probably the safest way to go.

for Marcus' parents, you could always look around there house. do they have hand towels in the kitchen? you could always embroider some going with thier style. Same with thier bathroom. Perhaps just buy something that goes with the theme of thier house... like if they had a cat shrine goin' like my dad does, buy them another thing to add to it. umm. or you could just bake them some cookies.

for kristin, i'd probably make her a purse and fill it with bath goods. good scented shower gel, chapsticks, lip glosses, make up of any sort. bath salts. i really don't know her, but based on that....most girls like that love that kind of stuff.

For William, you could probably incorporate some superhero into it if you could.. My nephew is only six and is in love with superman, spiderman, power rangers, etc. i thought they grew out of it but i went to my cabin and my ten year old cousin was playing power rangers with him out in the yard. so maybe he's still in that stage too?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

val_for_design
Shimmy to the left, and shake it to the right

I should be working...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008 04:37:31 PM »

xx_Kellybean, I had a thought for your aunt and uncle ... Motorcycle riders need to be careful of things like scarves, because they can flap about and get caught in moving parts. But you could always knit/crochet a tubular cowl scarf for them - something dense & soft that doesn't have ends to endanger them. Or you could make them out of fleece if that's more your style. Harley Davidson has distinctive brand colours so you could use them for your uncle, or put a logo on. Do they use open-face helmets, or closed wrap-around? Cowls will be good for open-face helmets, because they can be pulled up over the mouth & nose in cooler weather.

Marcusandila, I know you know Ali better than we do - but I just wanted to check the Muslim & alcohol thing... Is he cool with that? And gambling for that matter! Then I got silly & started imagining bourbon-cured bacon...  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I suffer from SABLE -- Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy.

Crochet uses a hook. Pirates have hooks, and they are cool. So crochet is cool because of the hook.

"I'm the Fibre King, Michael. I'm the Fibre King." - Horatio Caine, CSI
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008 04:52:42 PM »

thank you val_for_design! that's a pretty good idea. I'll see what I can do Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008 02:32:18 PM »

okay i only need help for three people.

My aunt katie. she likes to go ride her motorcycle. has two children. reminds me of somebody who is high maintanence. loves to drink. Huh i don't know.

My uncle Howard. he's opening his own auto repair shop soon. loves working on anything electronical. Has an obsession with Harley Davidson. Owns three motorcycles. Has three children. I honestly want to do something Harley Davidson based, but I have no clue what I COULD do for him. Definitely a beer drinker. He's married to my aunt katie, above.

Judy. I see her every holiday. Shes' Katie's mom. Honestly the sweetest lady I've ever met. She fought cancer awhile back. She's allergic to peanuts. i'm sure she'd love anything I made her, but I have no clue what I COULD make her.......I just want to give her a little something so she knows that I was thinking of her, or that I do think of her.

Katie - I would second a cowl - very, very useful even if you have a closed helmet for that portion of your neck that's exposed to the elements. Another quick thing to do would be brake handle covers (those buggers suck the heat right out of your hands when its cold out or when you use heated grips) that match her bike.

Howard - One thing my DH notices about Harley riders is that their bikes are always super clean. Maybe knit or crochet some bike themed cloths? Harley's got a pretty expansive merchandise line, so just about anything themed would probably be welcomed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008 12:30:18 PM »

okay i'm going to give you suggestions that i could think of off the top of my head, they may not be that great......but i'm still going to give them to you lol

i'd probably make Candi a shirt. it's probably the safest way to go.

for Marcus' parents, you could always look around there house. do they have hand towels in the kitchen? you could always embroider some going with thier style. Same with thier bathroom. Perhaps just buy something that goes with the theme of thier house... like if they had a cat shrine goin' like my dad does, buy them another thing to add to it. umm. or you could just bake them some cookies.

for kristin, i'd probably make her a purse and fill it with bath goods. good scented shower gel, chapsticks, lip glosses, make up of any sort. bath salts. i really don't know her, but based on that....most girls like that love that kind of stuff.

For William, you could probably incorporate some superhero into it if you could.. My nephew is only six and is in love with superman, spiderman, power rangers, etc. i thought they grew out of it but i went to my cabin and my ten year old cousin was playing power rangers with him out in the yard. so maybe he's still in that stage too?

Thank you for your ideas.

The only problem with Marcus' parents is that they live in PA & we only go there on the holidays lol SOOO I dont remember anything about details of their house. I mean, I know what their house looks like...but I just dont remember the small details.

For Kristin, EXCELLENT ideas. I dont know why i didnt think of stuffing the purse with goodies! lol Thanks!

For William, I think I might go the superhero route sort of. Something Transformers related.

Marcusandila, I know you know Ali better than we do - but I just wanted to check the Muslim & alcohol thing... Is he cool with that? And gambling for that matter! Then I got silly & started imagining bourbon-cured bacon...  Cheesy

Yeah, I understand where you would get confused. He is Muslim. He is not SUPPOSED to drink or gamble...but he does. As far as bourbon-cured bacon---well no. lol He doesnt eat any sort of pork & he only eats Kosher meat. He pretty much does all the things he is not supposed to regarding being a muslim (besides he abides to the food part of the Muslim religion). Generally, you wouldnt know he was Muslim well unless you were good friends with him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
amc-
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008 12:48:41 PM »

I've been trying to figure out christmas related stuff for about a month and I'm slowly getting closer to knowing what I'm crafting/buying everyone. I'm going lazy this holiday season and not crafting nearly as much as I normally do. So...

My boyfriend and three closest friends are getting stockings filled with inexpensive goodies. I'll be putting bake goods, a christmas ornament and a mix cd in each stocking. Here's some of my other "filler" ideas.
Michael (Boyfriend): A-Z Reasons I Love You book (I got the idea here : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=220145.0), bari sax reeds, something hockey related (suggestions?).
Brandon: I honestly have no idea. He's into music (plays tenor sax, drums, trumpet), lacrosse, Larry the Cable Guy. He's impossible to get anything for.
Danielle: Tshirt, Jewelry, Candles, Something Twilight (the book series) related.
Christopher: If I learn to knit I want to make him a scarf, fingerless gloves (found at like Ardenes and Claires), Anything that looks like it belongs in Hot Topic. Ideas for him would be awesome.

Mom: A cross necklace (possibly crafted).
Younger Brothers "Pimp Hat" commonly known as a Fedora.
Step Father: Vintage-looking serving tray that say Cola 5 cents.
Dad: Wall hooks with deer on them.
Step Mom: Apple shaped candle holders (they're kitchen is decorated in an apple theme)
Sister: Ottawa Senators gloves and scarf.
Older Brother: I'm not sure. He likes to party. Possibly decorated shot glasses.
Neice (18 months): Possibly a quilt however I've never quilted before. Also, a Toronto Maple Leafs dinky car.
Friend that's like a sister: I have no idea! Possibly a "bath basket" that has like bath salts and bubble baths. Possibly a novel to read while she's relaxing in the tub.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Waiting on the Walking Dead Swap (SIGN UPS OPEN!)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=437011.0
jessersmisadventures

we are the knights that say nee!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2008 06:57:38 PM »

Yay, it's almost October, so the freaking stores are starting to put up Christmas stuff. . .  . . . as far as I'm concerned, the only people who should be planning for Christmas so far are crafters like us . . . GRR stupid consumerism.  Okay, sorry, had to get that rant out of my system.

Anyway, here's what I'm thinking so far for Christmas / Yule.  Hopefully I can make a good 80 or 90% of it . . .

My sister:  a chest of round-the-world goodies (she's seriously bummed that she's a poor college student and can't afford to travel around the world yet).  I was thinking of including:  handmade or organic candle, exotic earrings or pendant, a book or DVD about some cool, far-off place, possibly a Buddha print from a project I did last year . . . Anything else y'all can think of for the wannabe-traveler?

My sweetie-boy:  a pentacle or raven pendant (he's Wiccan, hence the "Christmas / Yule") Wink  Also thinking of an anti-stress kit with tea packets, antistress ball, massage oil . . .

Best friend--NO IDEA!!!  Ideas, folks?  She likes horses and unicorns, and does some crafty stuff herself.  One year, she made me a really cool dreamcatcher, and I'd like to make her something cool . . .

Guy friend--coffee liqueur (easy recipe on Allrecipes.com, for those of you who have friends/ family who like to drink).  Also considering etched shot glasses.

Married friends w/ baby--Home sweet home gift basket with foods, tea towels, candle . . .

Dad and stepmom, bf's folks:  Home sweet Home gift basket, similar to above, for my folks, possibly a mosaiced trivet or panel or something;  for his folks, a nice portrait of bf and self, as they've been wanting one . . .

Grandma--No idea, she's 97 and frail, but her memory/ mind is still mostly intact.  Possibly a small photo album with pics of family, or anything with an angel on it . . .

Please let me know if any of you have any ideas! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my beautiful, brand new shop! I am currently offering free shipping to all fellow Craftsters!

www.Palmyria.etsy.com
BadWolf
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008 10:54:11 AM »

Ok, so here is the situation: My boyfriend and I will celebrate our one year anniversary on December 13th. His father passed away suddenly last week, which means a whole mess of things. His mom and dad were together since they were 14 so this is a huuuge blow. My boyfriend(24) lives with his mom(48), grams(old) and younger(18) brother. So. I pretty much know what I wanted to make for MY family and for his I was going to just bake and whatever, but now I want to do something more and make this Christmas more special for them even though their dad is gone. I want to really give them some Christmas spirit and so forth.

Ideas. I need them. Here is what I have so far for ideas:
-hand drawn portrait of their dad in a frame
-Cloth pocket wall organizer(his mom)
-Baked goods
    -I'm thinking cookies, Stollen and so forth
-throw blanket
-naturey ornaments
-ornaments in tribute to his dad's interests

For the record, his mom is wiccan and into Egyptian stuff and crafts, Grams is the pickiest creature ever and doesn't go outside and likes to complain about everything. His brother is into pro wrestling (  Undecided ), writing poetry, and a few bands. Enigma, much? Mike's older brother(+wife and kid) are a 2 minute walk away.

Halp!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Murky
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2008 03:32:09 PM »

There are some people on my list that I just have no clue for!

My mom's fiance - Have no clue what he likes! Sad Last present I gave him was a painting of my mom holding his dog (which he loved btw).
Sister (24) - already made her two crocheted hand puppets (a bear and a frog) I want to make her something else though and I'm not sure what as she said she doesn't use scarves, and she wont wear jewelry. Last present I gave her was a painting of her cat. She likes blue, Highlander, care bears, other super cutesy stuff.
Brother (25) - He basically told me he would like a sandwich and milk for Xmas??  Huh His wishlists never make any sense to me. He has a small collection of cow things, has degrees in computer engineering, electrical engineering and math, so maybe something geeky would come in handy. Haven't started anything for him yet as I already made him a crochet cow for his last birthday and I'm really not sure what I could make him.
Stepson (Cool - He basically is obsessed with pokemon and talks of rarely anything else.I think he also likes spiderman and batman. I have no clue what to make him. Sad

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it!
Oh yeah, I crochet, paint, sew, and make polymer clay stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

St. The Mary
selena_ski
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008 06:46:50 PM »

OKAY i have my what do i make for list.

SIL (almost 21) in college (psych), into fashion, not sure what else.

my not yet born baby (gender unknown) will be about 2 months old at christmas.- He/she needs something under the tree, needs nothing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Manga Head Shape and Facial Features
ART BASEL 2012: An Inside Look at the Best Exhibits From the Miami Art Fest
How to Use a Palette Knife
What Is Acrylic Paint?
How to Prepare Your Canvas for Acrylic Painting
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Knitting, Patterns Included
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...