A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2008 What do I make for... thread.  (Read 29364 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

metalpunkmonster
obsessive crocheter

Mmmmm... Yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008 09:32:42 PM »

i'm so glad i found this thread!  i've been thinking about this stuff for a week and no one else understands the true meaning of christmas in july.  lol.  it's time for us crafters to get started!

i have about twice as many people to craft for this year.  i started dating my boyfriend in december but i didn't meet his family until after christmas.  this year i have two more sets of parents (two biological and two steps), a cousin, a brother, and a set of grandparents to craft for.  i'm so excited!!!  all the (grand)parents are getting cookies and ornaments.  i dunno what i'm gonna make for his cousin (they're so close, practically brothers).  his actual brother will probably get a scarf or something.  he's 12 and turning into a real punk (like a hoodlum, not the music kind!) so i don't think he'll really appreciate much anyway.

my boyfriend is getting a set of yip yip aliens.  yeah... we're in our mid 20's and we watch sesame street cus we honestly think it's hilarious and entertaining...  lol.  yip yip idea here---> http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=200247.0

my two best friends are getting hand knit socks.  they both like wearing fun socks, and the one always complains about holes in the toes because her big toes are WAAAAAY bigger than her other toes, so i thought i'd make her "bust-free" socks (she says her toes bust through).

my brother is getting crocheted mittens and HuhHuh?  he likes video games so that gives me some nice pixelated options for crochet/knit/cross-stitch.

i dunno what to make my parents.  my dad is always the hardest.  maybe i'll make them both scarves.

i'm trying to keep everything as simple as i can because i still have school and work.  sometimes i get a little carried away witih the crafting and my grades suffer a tad...  Undecided

happy holidays!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make crafts and people. Also crafts for said people.
shootdownstars

we make this work

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008 05:30:33 AM »

I love this thread!
I have sooo many people that to give presents! Relationships with my parternal side of the family can be very strained so often they recieve nothing from me, however in the spirit of maturity and acceptance I will attempt to gift for them. Have decided this year to go at least 80% homedmade as I know a couple things like CD's and Computer Games may be required.  My crafting skills are somewhat limited to knitting, crochet, needlepoint and stencilling. So I've also decided to etsy what I can't make myself! However I am well known for not finishing projects quickly. Thinking about it, I still haven't finished the needlepointed DS cover for my best friends 21st birthday, he'll be 22 on the 15th of august!
Here's the list of presents I need to make
BF - Making a Gir Amigurumi, both robot and dog if I'm feeling adventurous!
Mother - No idea what I'm crafting but something dragonfly related!
Brother - again no idea...
Paternal Grandparents - Some kind of photo album and diabetic baked goods
Maternal Oma - Croheted teddy bear and photo album
Dad - Baked goods and photo album.
BF's Dad & siblings - Baked goods and
BFs Mom & siblings - Baked goods and
BFs Paternal Grandmother - Baked goods
BFs Maternal Grandparents -Baked goods
Housemates - no idea
Best friends  - no idea

Ah well, at least the baked goods will be somewhat simple to organise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf

cassettetape--->BadWolf

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008 06:43:26 AM »

I just finished my boyfriend's christmas present last night! Woot! One down, ladies and gentlemen! Heeheeheehee. I was sitting in my brothers' room playing WoW and crocheting and when I finished it I danced around the room with it while pulling on my tunnels and shrieking in happiness. Yup, Good times, good times. Now I can finish my swaps in peace.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My username has changed from cassettetape to BadWolf.

"Does this shirt make me look like a party balloon?"-Mike

http://pinterest.com/marquesajen
nicolatte
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008 10:50:00 PM »

Mother - No idea what I'm crafting but something dragonfly related!

My mom actually hates dragonflies (the real thing, they scare her!), but I make alot of beaded dragonflies for myself, and they turn out really pretty. I use wire, bugle beads for the wings and seed beads for the body. They're not very hard to make once you get the hang of it, and you can use them to stick on anything, like a magnet or picture frame. If you search 'beaded dragonflies' on Google, you can get tons of ideas and tutorials on how to make some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all of my jewelry : www.ShiningIsFree.etsy.com
oldprin
oldprin

Brian and I with the magic snowman

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008 02:22:18 AM »

Huh I went to the link... and I can't seem to order the book or make it work? Do I have to order the whole book for the pattern? I love yours! And the one your dreaming about is great! I want to make some! Help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oldprin
joyfulheart
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008 06:56:05 AM »

It's a small book, that has the quilt and bag instructions.  I have a copy of the book, what part of her site doesn't work? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
oldprin
oldprin

Brian and I with the magic snowman

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008 12:24:11 AM »

I clicked the icon thing to order the book nothing Huh Then went to click on the categories and nothing? I just want the instructions to make the quilt like you said you were dreaming of I like that! Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Like that's never happened Tongue!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oldprin
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008 10:50:27 AM »

Fellow craftsters: I need suggestions/ideas for the following people...I have listed my ideas for them...but they just dont seem that good. Any other ideas???

Candi (My 15 yr old cousin)
--Pretty much likes everything she's not suppose to (sex, drugs, drinking, fighting, etc.) & Those are her interests- She doesnt like anything else really. But I dont want to make/buy her anything that would support that kind of crap with her being 15 & all.

1. Bathset ?
2. Purse ?
3. shirt ?

Jack (my 19 yo cousin) (doesn't like the whole Handmade stuff, but I'd still like to 'make' him stuff) He is the "ghetto" kind of guy. He has a 1 yr old son & is expecting his 2nd baby (they just found out)

1. Paraphenalia for his **cough** habits (will be bought)
2. Southpole shirt (He is uber picky about stuff)
3. Etched Shotglasses & bottle to accompany it?? (he's a partier)

Other suggestions?

Marcus' Mom & Dad

1. Christmas ornaments (MAY OR MAY NOT DO, because they dont "get" the whole crafty handmade thing...HAVE SUPPLIES
2. Probably a gift card...i have no idea

Other Suggestions?

Kristin (Marcus' sister) likes purses, she is a dancer, idk too much about her really
 16 yrs old

I have no idea....probably a purse because she loves them...idk what else

suggestions?

Steven (12 yrs old) Likes snakes, LOVES girls, loves to get into trouble....

1. Bathset for boys: bathcrayons, bath mitten, lego soap, bubble bath! AXE (he likes axe because it makes him feel all grown up & manly)waiting for supplies
2. Snake stenciled tshirt? have supplies

other suggestions?

William (10 years old) LOVES football, videogames
 My godson

1. Bathset for boys: bathcrayons, bath mitten, football & football helmet soap, bubble bath! AXE (He likes axe because it makes him feel all grown up & manly)waiting for supplies
2. Football stenciled shirt? Have supplies

other suggestions?

Alyssa (2 yr old) Likes Dora the explorer

1. Crochet pursey thing that turns into a miniture baby craddle inside (baby is like 3 inches long)-done

2. 2 necklaces-done

any other suggestions?

Ali (my boyfriend's best friend) Muslim, IS A POKER FANATIC!!, 23 years old

1. Poker inspired stenciled tshirt...
2. Shot glass set (Etched) *We'll buy him some liqour to go along with it lol*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008 01:55:41 PM »

why, might i ask, are you baking goods for your boyfriend's mom???

Hey, I think that's nice of her. I used to make chocolate truffles or some other little nicethingy (like a furry fleece blanket) for my boyfriends mom, and it went a long way with her. Now that she's my mother-in-law, I've got an edge on the son-in-law  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008 04:17:21 PM »

okay i only need help for three people.

My aunt katie. she likes to go ride her motorcycle. has two children. reminds me of somebody who is high maintanence. loves to drink. Huh i don't know.

My uncle Howard. he's opening his own auto repair shop soon. loves working on anything electronical. Has an obsession with Harley Davidson. Owns three motorcycles. Has three children. I honestly want to do something Harley Davidson based, but I have no clue what I COULD do for him. Definitely a beer drinker. He's married to my aunt katie, above.

Judy. I see her every holiday. Shes' Katie's mom. Honestly the sweetest lady I've ever met. She fought cancer awhile back. She's allergic to peanuts. i'm sure she'd love anything I made her, but I have no clue what I COULD make her.......I just want to give her a little something so she knows that I was thinking of her, or that I do think of her.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bob Gruen LIVE
How to Get the Best Shot on Your Digital Camera
Tailor & Shoemaker - The Sartorialist for AOL On
Celebrity Photographer Bruce Weber LIVE
Bruce Weber Demystifies Racy Abercrombie Shoots
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...