A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2008 What do I make for... thread.  (Read 29092 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

your.bestnightmare
« on: June 28, 2008 10:03:23 AM »

I know its only June..but I need to get a start on my Christmas presents now or else I'll never have them done in time.(Im quite the procrastinator)I know you guys had a thread like this last christmas. I thought Id make one now.

Mom:?
Dad:?
Sister:?
Boyfriend: scrapbook like: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=253566.0
Bestfriend:? (I have 3..and I want to make them similar things..)
Grandma:?
Grandpa:?
Aunt:?
4 cousins:?(ages 5,12,16, and 18)
Uncle:(2)

My family is (obviously) not very social with the rest of our family. So thats all I'm gunna see around Christmas time. Any suggestions would be nice. You can post what your making your friends and family for Christmas too.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008 11:38:46 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new found love for inchies.
Let's swap 'em (: Private swaps too!
joyfulheart
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008 03:24:36 PM »

Usually I'm done for the year by now, but this year?  NOPE!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
your.bestnightmare
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008 03:28:17 PM »

lol. I know what you mean
THIS ROCKS   Logged

joyfulheart
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008 03:38:52 PM »

I have no idea for most of my family.  I guess I need to actually make a list or something.  Lists are depressing me though.  LOL

I'm now obsessed with making zippystrippys.  cant stop making them.

www.zippystrippyqui lts.com 

No, this is NOT my site, but I just love making these!  The pattern book (in full color!) gives instructions to make a bunch of different sizes.  I can belt one of these out in 5 hours, including clipping and washer/dryer time.  And that's with 3 boys "helping" me nonstop.   Roll Eyes

I'm going to do my next one in corduroy.  Here's what my next one will look like (hopefully) since I'm going to try to copy it!  LOL

I love this quilt.  I dream about this quilt.  I MUST make this quilt!

I told myself it will be for my mother, but there's no way I'm gonna be able to part with it.  might have to make TWO!

Here's my first one that I made-- made in flannel in a Finding Nemo theme (my boys love that movie)
made theirs small but now wish I had made it bigger since all 3 fight to be under it at the same time.  LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged
joyfulheart
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008 03:52:58 PM »

I'm also going to be doing alot of baked goods. 

Homemade fudge, homemade snacks, homemade breads...  People seem to really like them and they are easy on the pocketbook.

My side will be swapping ornaments (bought a BUNCH after last Christmas sales). Except my parents and they might get a quilt.

Hubby's side doesn't appreciate homemade anything.   Huh  Grinches.  For them we'll probably give them their favorite gift-- gift cards   Roll Eyes

Have a few cousins and nieces and nephews.  Quilts, some arts and crafts stuff and they'll be set.

One tip I learned a long time ago.  In July or August, Walmart and the stores will come out with the back to school supplies.  Crayons glue, scissors, paper, fingerpaints-- go on sale CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.  Buy anything you can and make ART KITS for the kids.  You can make some neat kits for SUPER CHEAP!  And the kids always go crazy over them.  I have a feeling ths will be the stocking stuffers this year for my 3 boys.  Plus the nieces and nephews will get some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicolatte
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008 09:42:04 PM »

Omg, I have that same scrapbook bookmarked for my boyfriend too! Cheesy Me and him are actually gonna do a 'joined' thing this year for our families (were both really close with eachother's families, and this will be our 4th Christmas together, it's about time we do somthing together!), most likely baking stuff for everyone. I told him I want to handmake at least 70% of my gifts this year, so were both going to make stuff for everyone; me crafting away, and he's painting stuff.

A gift I'm going to try and do this year is make my own calender for someone, most likely my boyfriend's dad, with pictures of my boyfriend and his sisters in it. If you like the whole paper crafts thing, you can make calenders for each of your best friends. Get a bunch a pictures of them, find three blank calenders at a scrapbook store, and you can personalize it for each friend. You can find almost anything to decorate it; magazines, song lyrics, different quotes, fill their birthday month with their astrology, etc..

If you also search around and look back at some of the posts on here from the years, I got tonnss of ideas just looking at what everyone else made for their families here. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all of my jewelry : www.ShiningIsFree.e tsy.com
your.bestnightmare
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008 06:01:37 AM »

ah. I love the calender idea!
I have to be vauge about the ones for my best friends. One of em is just as addicted to craftster as I am! I would hate for her to stumble upon this thread..and find out what Im getting her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nicolatte
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008 12:34:12 AM »

Oh no! I hope she hasn't seen it yet! Hopefully my boyfriend doesn't come on here to try and sneak a look at my ideas... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all of my jewelry : www.ShiningIsFree.e tsy.com
your.bestnightmare
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008 06:51:49 PM »

she may have  Sad
If she has..She still dont know for sure what she's getting. I have another project that I started on for them too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

your.bestnightmare
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008 07:05:26 PM »

hm..i was just thinking..should i make something 4 my bf's mom?
by then my bf and i have been dating 4 eight months....
what do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Bob Woodward Discusses the Economic Crisis
Bob Woodward on America’s Future
Tim Federle on His Debut Novel, Better Nate Than Ever
Simon Sinek Explains When an Idea Is Worth Turning Into a Book
John Hodgman On His Book, That Is All
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...