A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,038
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1 hour "Vacation Dresses", swimsuit (top), and my grad/prom dress!!  (Read 22180 times)
Tags for this thread: dress , swim_wear , summer_crafts  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheDancingOnes
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2009 11:13:38 AM »

Got another Q for you...the skirt of the orange dress is like a circle skirt, yes?  The top portion (that connects to the bodice) isn't straight though is it?  More of an angle to attach to the ring area?  Thanks!
yes, the skirt is a circle skirt, and the top is a straight strip, its 2 identical pieces, self and facing, and they're sewn to the ring before they're sewn to the skirt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunshyn_stef
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2009 11:23:56 AM »

Got another Q for you...the skirt of the orange dress is like a circle skirt, yes?  The top portion (that connects to the bodice) isn't straight though is it?  More of an angle to attach to the ring area?  Thanks!
yes, the skirt is a circle skirt, and the top is a straight strip, its 2 identical pieces, self and facing, and they're sewn to the ring before they're sewn to the skirt

That helps, thanks.  Guess I should have been clearer though.  Embarrassed  The top of the circle skirt, is that straight or angled up in the middle to meet the ring?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.FeetPrints.net ...my crafts, my family, my life

Handmade gifts of Aloha ~ preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.AlohaDesigns.net')
TheDancingOnes
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2009 01:04:38 PM »

nah, it's just straight, like a band. As long as you stretch them both as you're sewing them together, it should be fine. it doesn't matter if there is a gap in the sewing under the ring, it looks better like that anyways

That helps, thanks.  Guess I should have been clearer though.  Embarrassed  The top of the circle skirt, is that straight or angled up in the middle to meet the ring?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunshyn_stef
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2009 01:15:25 PM »

nah, it's just straight, like a band. As long as you stretch them both as you're sewing them together, it should be fine. it doesn't matter if there is a gap in the sewing under the ring, it looks better like that anyways

huzzah, thank you!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.FeetPrints.net ...my crafts, my family, my life

Handmade gifts of Aloha ~ preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.AlohaDesigns.net')
timid_gothica

I will spray paint your face!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2009 07:33:35 AM »

that last dress is ssoooo stunning! I am in love with it. byb the by, loving your user Icon pic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die
- Hunter S. Thompson

my etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5779650
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Poet Adam Kammerling Performs "Woof Quack Meow, Neigh Moo Oink"
Chris Parkinson Performs His Poem "Men of Straw"
How to Write a Research Paper
Barbara Arrowsmith-Young on The Woman Who Changed Her Brain
The Painted Bridge Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...