A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Metal/Punk Swap  (Read 1223 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jadegreen
« on: June 26, 2008 03:40:19 PM »

Anyone be interested in this? I am a mean powermetal fan. Nothing gets my blood pumping like bands such as helloween, gamma ray, angra, blind guardian, dragonforce etc but I'm really into most kinds of metal and love good thrash/punk bands such as fuck on the beach, send more paramedics, sex positions, refused etc. I'm sure there has to be plenty more of you out there.

I've pretty much completed my second swap (just waiting for package to arrive) and was thinking if there are enough people interested I could try my hand at organising. Even if I don't have enough time to participate I would still love to see a gallery for this.

So how 'bout it? Are you a misanthropic soul who feels the impulse to spit in the general direction of HMV & Sanity (CD chain stores here in Australia, not sure what the equivilent is in other countries but you get the idea)? Well then raise your fist to the sky and scream "Odin, deliver me black crafts dripping in ...METAL!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jadegreen
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008 10:40:46 PM »

Really...nobody??

I knew I was an individual.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
oxynitrate
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008 07:34:44 PM »

No way I'd be in.  Man the possibilities are so open.  My boyfriend is in a punk band so I'm sure he'd help me out with it as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Before Me Nothing Was Created But Things Eternal. And I Create Eternally.
gleep
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008 07:03:38 AM »

I guess there aren't a lot of craftsters into metal. Sad

I'd certainly be tempted by a metal swap! Totally into old school stuff like Anthrax, Old Metallica (before the Black Album, thank you, the new stuff? blecch), Megadeth, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, is my age showing here?  Wink  But I like newer stuff too like Nile, Blind Guardian, Dragonforce...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jadegreen
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008 05:41:29 PM »

Yay! People showing interest....if it gets to 10 or so replies I'll start it up. I totally love judas preaist! They are actually playing here soon but I'm too poor to go. *cries*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BendyBones

Your mother ate my dog!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008 09:05:20 PM »

This would be great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://bendybones.etsy.com - crochet

http://bendybonespapercuts.etsy.com - paper

http://bendybones.blogspot.com/ - me

Does anyone want to do a personal swap? I'm looking for a horror-ish new bag/purse. Message me if interested!
gala_apples
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008 10:11:18 PM »

if my tastes qualified, i'd be in. i'm really not sure though. one close high school friend was all about labelling every band into genres, another said it didn't matter, if you liked it it was good music. so i'm currently wikipediaing my favourite music.

it says dropkick murphys are Oi!, which is celtic punk. on the other hand, i got my shirt of them from hot topic, so maybe that's too mainstream?

manson is by far my most favourite and beloved music EVER. wikipedia says under the genre catagory "disputed", so that's no help whatsoever. and again, hot topic, so too mainstream? if we classify metal/punk as band shirts i am not allowed to wear to work (daycare), he definately qualifies.

dry kill logic is nu metal, metalcore, and rap metal. nekromantix and horrorpops are pop punk and psychobilly. dillinger escape plan is metalcore and mathcore. the transplants are rapcore/punk. murderdolls is horror punk and glam metal. and who the hell doesn't like mudvayne, slipknot and s.o.a.d?

so, this may sound bitchy, but i'm not trying to be, i genuinely want to know. is my music taste good enough for this? do i qualify?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
jadegreen
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008 01:19:41 AM »

if my tastes qualified, i'd be in. i'm really not sure though. one close high school friend was all about labelling every band into genres, another said it didn't matter, if you liked it it was good music. so i'm currently wikipediaing my favourite music.

it says dropkick murphys are Oi!, which is celtic punk. on the other hand, i got my shirt of them from hot topic, so maybe that's too mainstream?

manson is by far my most favourite and beloved music EVER. wikipedia says under the genre catagory "disputed", so that's no help whatsoever. and again, hot topic, so too mainstream? if we classify metal/punk as band shirts i am not allowed to wear to work (daycare), he definately qualifies.

dry kill logic is nu metal, metalcore, and rap metal. nekromantix and horrorpops are pop punk and psychobilly. dillinger escape plan is metalcore and mathcore. the transplants are rapcore/punk. murderdolls is horror punk and glam metal. and who the hell doesn't like mudvayne, slipknot and s.o.a.d?

so, this may sound bitchy, but i'm not trying to be, i genuinely want to know. is my music taste good enough for this? do i qualify?

Haha don't stress sweetie. If you are into metal/punk you qualify of course. I actually really love dropkick murphys, dillinger escape plan and horroorpops myself. When people join I will get them to list some of their favorite bands/genres etc and I'll pair up people accordingly. And hey, don't sweat it, I'm not a TOTAL music snob, I know you're not being bitchy.

That said I still so want a power metal fiend to join haha.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008 01:21:30 AM by jadegreen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gleep
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008 04:11:20 AM »

I love the dropkick murphys!

(I love being close to Boston, too, they get a lot of airplay up here!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BendyBones

Your mother ate my dog!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008 09:29:26 AM »

Jadegreen - REMEMBER PANTERAS first album "POWERMETAL"!!!???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://bendybones.etsy.com - crochet

http://bendybonespapercuts.etsy.com - paper

http://bendybones.blogspot.com/ - me

Does anyone want to do a personal swap? I'm looking for a horror-ish new bag/purse. Message me if interested!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Marble Effect Nails
Signature Feature: A Celebrity Dermatologist Shares Her Treatment Technique
Five Skin Care Resolutions for the New Year
How to Get a Perfect Party Makeup Look
The Most Effective Way to Apply Eye Cream
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...