A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,073
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help! I need sock yarn scraps.  (Read 427 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shoegazer
« on: June 26, 2008 07:29:30 AM »

Im working on a barn raising quilt from the Larissa and Martin Brown book. If you havent seen the book, the quilt is made up of 42 squares knit from sock yarn scraps, all put together to make a patchwork quilt. Ideally several people would work on the squares and then sew them together to make the full quilt. Ive been working on this by myself as I havent really had time to go to my knitting circle, and Im not sure if anyone else would want to contribute. Thats why Im here asking for help. Ive been able to knit about 12 squares with the various sock yarns I have laying around the house and now Im stuck. I cant seem to fins any yarn that is random enough to go with the color scheme, and when I went to the yarn store to buy a few balls so I could have a few more colors to add on the quilt I felt like I wasnt being random enough in my color choices. I want to make a few of these quilts to donate to a local childrens hospital, but at this rate I feel like I'll never be finished. So here I am pleading if you have any scrap sock yarn that you dont have any plans for can you find it in your heart to donate it to my barn raising quilt? I thought I could knit this project on my own, but it turns out it really does take a community to raise a barn!
Thanks for your help! If you can donate some scrap yarn please message me and I will give you my mailing address. It just takes a little bit of yarn to make a square, so the amount shouldnt really matter.
Thanks a million!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008 05:26:09 PM »

I think there's a stash swap going on right now, that might be something to check out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Closet Essentials Every Woman Needs
4 Hot Summer Concert Outfits
Look Great in Stripes
4 Foolproof Ways to Jump on the Leather Shorts Trend
The Best Swimsuit For Your Body Type
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...