A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: time to meditate..."aum" embroidered wallet! (pic juicy!)  (Read 1577 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lucyinthesky16
scurrvy dog

pirate wench

View Profile WWW
« on: June 25, 2008 10:55:12 PM »

so, as explained in this post http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=253696.0;topicseen i've been down for a couple of days...
anyways, i've been badly needing a new wallet, as my old one is tatternd, worn, dirty, and too big and bulky to fit in my back pocket.  the only reason i hung onto it for so long was because it had the "aum" symbol embroidered on it.  for reason of comparison, i give you the dingy old wallet:

notice the worn spot.

eew i hate velcro because hair gets in it and it looks gross...

that stupid zippered pocket went all the way to the end, it was really not useful.
aaand here's the new wallet!

hand embroidered myself!

outside of wallet, it's similar to the tea wallet, but the button is on the back so it won't take away from the embroidered front, and i added a huge outer wallet for money

action inside shot...kind of nervous about the cards falling out, so i put the really important ones in the big outer pocket

the outer pocket. guys, i literally had *no money* to demonstrate here! lol
i'm so proud of myself, it turned out way better than expected! and it's a lot slimmer, so that now i don't have to have my boyfriend hang onto my wallet when we go to concerts or bars! huzza!
as always, thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008 10:58:00 PM by lucyinthesky16 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like my coffee black just like my metal ~msi (actually mr. urine, i like mine with a bit of creme and sugar...)
sblzmd
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008 11:05:53 PM »

awesome wallet! i tried to embroider the aum symbol on a bag of mine and it didn't turn out too well. haha. but you did a great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucyinthesky16
scurrvy dog

pirate wench

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008 11:10:21 PM »

thanks! trust me, it doesn't look as good in person as it does in a picture lol. that symbol is tricky, isn't it? i had a problem with the right swoopy part lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like my coffee black just like my metal ~msi (actually mr. urine, i like mine with a bit of creme and sugar...)
Nven
Also known as Aeramel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008 06:19:13 AM »

Tea wallet into a card wallet, brilliant!  The embroidery is also awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps; offering knits for eco baby and mama items.
cindygert
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008 07:15:13 AM »

Hey.  That looks great.  I did one of those signs on a blanket that me and my neighbors made for a friend.  It is made out of sweaters.  I dont know if you could do it on a wallet though might be too bulky.  Or maybe use a very thin sweater.  It was kind of tricky though.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=245090.msg2710735#msg2710735
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cindygert.com
www.cindygert.etsy.com

Please become a fan of cindygert on my Face Book page.
http://www.facebook.com/cindygert?ref=nf
pertelot
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008 07:30:32 AM »

the embroidery looks so pretty and i really like the fabric used on the inside! i was afraid of cards falling out of the wallet i had made too....mainly because one did fall out and i almost lost my debit card  Roll Eyes  all i did to fix  it though was put a small velcro strap going over the card slots... it really didnt add bulk and it sure makes me feel better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tojoyamoto
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008 09:29:32 AM »

I love the fabric and embroidery thread colors!  And, kudos on your embroidery job!  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

... has anyone seen my shoes? I kicked them off in a fit of joy.
hikeaddict
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008 09:38:37 AM »

It's amazing, I can't believe you did that by hand. A friend of mine has a tattoo of that symbol.

And of course you have no money to demo it with, you go to Valpo, they take all our money.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucyinthesky16
scurrvy dog

pirate wench

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008 10:41:04 AM »

It's amazing, I can't believe you did that by hand. A friend of mine has a tattoo of that symbol.

And of course you have no money to demo it with, you go to Valpo, they take all our money.  Smiley
ALL RIGHT! ALUMNI! Cheesy so cool that someone from vu is on here! yes, they do drain us don't they? X( and thank you for the compliment, it actually was not that hard. i think it only took me about two hours Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Spot Fake Nike Trainers
How to Spot Fake Hugo Boss Clothes
How to Spot a Fake Burberry Scarf
Jessica Biel Goes for White Again at the Total Recall NYC Premiere
The Flare Trend Is Back
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...