A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,413
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Brown bag wall treatment  (Read 60412 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008 11:22:49 AM »

this is what the previous owners of my house did in out TV room! I really like the texture - but I'm not a fan of BROWN - so I'm going to paint over it. Wonder how the texture will look in lime-green??!! Cheesy
Mother Oak

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008 11:33:44 AM »

this is what the previous owners of my house did in out TV room! I really like the texture - but I'm not a fan of BROWN - so I'm going to paint over it. Wonder how the texture will look in lime-green??!! Cheesy

You can buy any color paper that you want.  Painting over it looks really nice but it's a major pain to get in all of the little creases and such.  Just make sure you buy a little extra paint than you normally would as the paper will soak it up like a sponge.

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008 04:06:51 PM »

This is gorgeous. Just so you know =) I'm still trying to figure out how to redo the walls in my room.. It's a rental, and has this ugly wallpaper decor throughout the whole house. Wish I could do this without risking taking off the original wallpaper in the removal! I love it so much!!
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008 05:24:01 AM »

Wowwww, what a gorgeoussssss project!! I think I'll have to pick up some wallpaper paste n paper tomorrow... looks like a great way to decorate my bathroom with its crappy walls and maybe even the kitchen cupboards that a previous tenant painted black (might not have been so bad if they had at least done a decent job of it, lol)

Dabbler of all, master of... eh, not much

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008 07:28:17 AM »

This is amazing, I can't believe how beautiful it is! (I'm obviously needing to think "outside the box" a little more with wall coverings...)

I absolutely love your furniture, too! The green cabinets/ bookshelves look super rad against those gorgeous walls- great job!!

"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It's where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more."
Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
The Ditzy Gypsy

Dance first. Think later.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008 07:55:22 PM »

Wow, that looks incredible! Your house looks so peaceful and inviting!

I'm Back! Woo-hoo!

Oooh...shiny pretty objects!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008 01:52:57 PM »

Very cool idea. I like how it's swank in appeal but still cheap and natural. Wink

We live in a rainbow of chaos
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2012 04:01:03 PM »

I did this too and loved the look. Then when we bought an old travel trailer I tried it and though it stuck fine when the moisture got in it the wallpaper started falling off. I know it was my fault for not keeping it heated. But I have a 5th wheel now that the vinyl stuff stuck on wood is peeling and am thinking that might be something to try. But maybe this time with a wallpaper paste with more oomph. Then paint it. I will probably be living in it so it will be heated hopefully. LOL   
I want to do a rustic country look and its such a blank slate right now, it should be so much fun.
Can't cook.

Sew lost.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012 08:39:45 AM »

That is brilliant and adorable.

You're just closer to me when you fall.
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012 08:00:48 AM »

This looks awesome! Thanks so much for the instruction on it too! I've been trying to figure out what to do with my sad empty wall-space without going broke in the process O_O I just might have to try this! Like many others have said, the texture is wonderful!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...